TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Veronica Mars -- "I Know What You'll Do Next Summer" -- 05/15/07

Old 05-15-07, 05:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Veronica Mars -- "I Know What You'll Do Next Summer" -- 05/15/07

"I Know What You'll Do Next Summer"
Spoiler:
Veronica passes her exam to be an official Private Investigator, while Piz lands an interview with Apollo Bukenya, an African student at Hearst who wrote a book about his years as an orphan child-soldier in Uganda's rebel army. Veronica is hired by an African man, Kizza, to help prove that he is Apollo’s father, but her investigation would expose Apollo’s story as a fake. Meanwhile, as the election for Sheriff nears, Keith is faced with a crime spree in Neptune. Parker comes to Veronica for advice about Logan after learning he planned to spend the summer surfing with Dick.

Originally Aired: May 15, 2007
Old 05-15-07, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
But do we know what Veronica will do next FALL is the bigger question!
Old 05-15-07, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Isn't the CW fall schedule out on Thursday. We'll know then. Sigh.
Old 05-15-07, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like they are really setting up the FBI thing. *crosses fingers*
Old 05-15-07, 08:58 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by monkey42
Sounds like they are really setting up the FBI thing. *crosses fingers*
Yeah, hope so...but I'm not feeling too good about it's chances.

At least we get a 2 hour finale next week. I hope Veronica shoves Logan's whiny ass off the roof.
Old 05-15-07, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Decent episode. Plus we even got a little "arc" in this one with the return of the Kendall Casablancas killing storyline, something which has been missing all season ever since a good setup in the first few episodes of this season. (Of course, if that bit was intended to setup a non-FBI next season, it's probably doomed to die on the vine no matter what happens IRT the show's future.)
Old 05-15-07, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow was that bad. I hate to say it, but after this episode it deserves to go. Lame plot with a heavy handed message. Model commercials. Who cares about Mac and Max. Vince as sheriff?!?!?! I really expected more, this close to the last episode.
Old 05-15-07, 10:36 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts
I liked the scene when she where she called her dad about the test results from his desk.

Wallace leaving the country
Old 05-15-07, 11:09 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I've watched the last 3 episodes while surfing on my laptop.

VM without the long mystery archs doesn't cut it. These stand alone episodes aren't bringing in new viewers either. I remember a few months back Rob Thomas was thinking about Season 4 being all about stand alone episodes so it would be easier to attrack new viewers. At least the FBI Mars idea is more interesting.
Old 05-16-07, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Kind of a weak episode in spots, and I sort of got bored with it, but did perk up at the end with the new of VM as FBI intern. VM sitting with Pizz just looked odd to me.
Old 05-16-07, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
While I'm always glad to see Kristen Bell and Enrico Colantoni, these stand-alones just don't seem to be up to par. I've found the mysteries to be boring and I haven't cared a bit about the victims. At this standpoint, if this is what we're in for next season, the show just needs to concede now. Or, they could just get rid of both Mac and Logan, and I'm sure the quality would jump by a great deal.
Old 05-16-07, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have to agree it's pretty clear the show has lost its way. It may or may not be fair, but I blame network intervention. It's hard to be too pissed at UPN/CW because they gave us 3 seasons when they probably should have cut their losses after the first glorious but poorly watched season, but the changes they have requested (Jackie, anybody?) have diluted the series. Convincing Rob to move to standalone episodes has probably been the final straw. I'll miss the show when they cancel it on Thursday, but it may be for the best. I can't imagine how they'd screw this FBI concept up.
Old 05-16-07, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dhmac
Decent episode. Plus we even got a little "arc" in this one with the return of the Kendall Casablancas killing storyline, something which has been missing all season ever since a good setup in the first few episodes of this season.
Well, they DID start that storyline. Since next week's is a two hour episode I'm hoping they'll attempt to wrap that all up.

Not the best epsiode, but even crumby Veronica Mars is better than none. And next week's looks to be the last of them.
Old 05-16-07, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I liked it, although I am praying for Jack Bauer to show up and torture Pizz to death.
Old 05-16-07, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I was also underwhelmed by this episode. My Veronica with PISS? That tightens my colon.

I did like Dick finally showing some emotion about his looney brother. And I hope the FBI thing leads us to another season.
Old 05-16-07, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I was also underwhelmed by this episode. My Veronica with PISS? That tightens my colon.

I did like Dick finally showing some emotion about his looney brother. And I hope the FBI thing leads us to another season.
Your review is disgusting ... but acurate.
Old 05-16-07, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Looks like it is gonna be cancelled. Rob Thomas should pitch it to USA. I think the FBI themed Veronica with a season long mystery arc would be a great fit and match with Monk and Psych.
Old 05-16-07, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good thing Piz is gonna be on that Grey's Anatomy spin-off, cause it isn't looking good for Veronica Mars
Old 05-17-07, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by johnnysd
Looks like it is gonna be cancelled. Rob Thomas should pitch it to USA. I think the FBI themed Veronica with a season long mystery arc would be a great fit and match with Monk and Psych.
I smell a crossover!