Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jericho Season Finale "Why We Fight" 5/9/07

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-07, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I enjoyed the finale, definitely hope this gets picked up again. The stuff about the pseudo shadow government trying to consolidate their power via the attacks is very cool.
Once again I'll say it though: WHERE WERE THE FREAKING MOLOTOV COCKTAILS!?!?!!? A few of those could take out a truck or at the very least help hold a defensive line from a ground assault.

Employ scorched earth tactics when you're outnumbered and outgunned that badly.

Either way really hope to hear this gets renewed.

Last edited by Cardiff Giant11; 05-10-07 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-10-07, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I think the movie Patton references the Nuts line too
although me research last night made claims that the real line was either "shit" or "fuck you" but the newspapers couldn't print that
Old 05-10-07, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mikehunt
I think the movie Patton references the Nuts line too
There are many WWII movies that tell that story. I know I have several that re-create it.
Old 05-10-07, 08:30 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
21 stars on the new flag. Also, the Commander at the camp was the man trying to
buy back the bomb in one of the previous episodes.
Old 05-10-07, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally Posted by dek
Also, the Commander at the camp was the man trying to

Interesting - I forgot about that.
Old 05-11-07, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got into this show after they did the season re-cap in the middle. I had tried watching an early episode or two but they never stuck. But now I'm really into it.

I like the "Red Dawn" vibe it has - which was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid.

I also hope they bring it back. And I'm glad they clear up mysteries and questions on a bit of a quicker basis than Lost. And I agree that killing off dad was not good.
Old 05-11-07, 07:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
Once again I'll say it though: WHERE WERE THE FREAKING MOLOTOV COCKTAILS!?!?!!? A few of those could take out a truck or at the very least help hold a defensive line from a ground assault.
The perpetual lack of fuel or alcohol they mentioned? But, aye, makes sense to be alive w no gas than dead w gas. So, blame it on scriptwriters...
Old 05-11-07, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

When I watched this episode yesterday I had no idea it was the season finale until the last scene with the helicopters flying overhead. Then I got suspicous and went to tv.com where I finally figured it out.........damnit

I started off watching this show just whenever I had the time and really wasn't that into it but each week I find myself looking forward to it more and more. Hopefully a second season is in the cards.
Old 05-11-07, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dek
21 stars on the new flag. Also, the Commander at the camp was the man trying to

Interesting stuff. So now it looks like it was some sort of revolution/coup to overthrow our own government.
Old 05-11-07, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I really enjoyed this show...hopefully it gets picked up for a Second season (unlike Surface, which was my other guilty pleasure)
Old 05-11-07, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great ending...although I hate cliffhangers. I hated that they killed the dad but hopefully the writers had a good reason. As far as the battle...it seemed a little on the small side. I mean there is a mile long convoy of trucks and only 20 men fighting. It also seemed like there were only about 15 Jericho people fighting although they mentioned something like 60. I guess the budget had an effect on all of that.

I will definitely be disappointed if there is not a second season.
Old 05-11-07, 09:33 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Once again I'll say it though: WHERE WERE THE FREAKING MOLOTOV COCKTAILS!?!?!!?
Old 05-11-07, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think they blew their budget on the tank. Because those Chinooks flying over Hawkins was absolutely awful.

Speaking of the tank. How did they make it shoot that homemade mortar? That was a bit of a stretch.
Old 05-11-07, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mopower
Speaking of the tank. How did they make it shoot that homemade mortar? That was a bit of a stretch.
Maybe they've been doing test shots over at whathisname's farm?

Btw, I liked Hawkin's comment about having driven tanks before.
Old 05-11-07, 02:59 PM

I don't like that they killed Major Dad either, but what a great death scene. I thought it was pretty moving, for Jericho standards.

Next season without him, though...eh.
Old 05-12-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

they managed to steal one mortar from new bern which is the one they fired in the tank. As for my constant questioning on where the molotovs are, in an earlier episode Johnston helped Mary Bailey get her stills all setup so that she can make more booze so they should have some.
Old 05-12-07, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

With this episode, I felt like I was watching a knockoff of "Band of Brothers."

Similarities:

1. "Why We Fight" was the title of an episode of "Band of Brothers."
2. "Band of Brothers" and "Jericho" both feature Richard Speight Jr. (Skip Muck in the former, Deputy Bill in the latter).
3. Both feature the "Nuts" story from the Battle of the Bulge. (Speight's character dies during the Battle of the Bulge.)

I expected the Jericho men to have a lot better battle plan than the had --- hiding behind junk cars and shipping pallettes.
Old 05-12-07, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
This kinda felt like the season one finale of Lost to me. It had great potential and then it just ended. Crap. I'll definitley be watching if this gets a season two pick up.
Old 05-13-07, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Mike2
Pretty good episode except they let the trucks from New Bern park, unload the men and then set up the big machine gun. A big WTF????

Open fire on them before they even have chance to get a round off. Sigh
Yeah, I thought that was a pretty stupid move on their part too. Also thought it was pretty stupid that they didn't have that doctor or some other medical help set up at the house. Didn't they think there would be any wounded?
Sorry to see the dad killed off. I would have prefered that they killed any of the other characters but him, Jake or Hawkins.
Old 05-13-07, 05:48 PM

they managed to steal one mortar from new bern which is the one they fired in the tank. As for my constant questioning on where the molotovs are, in an earlier episode Johnston helped Mary Bailey get her stills all setup so that she can make more booze so they should have some.
how about launching a night assault on the munitions storage to acquire at least a few dozen? With all the experience Hawins, rebellious son, and dead dad supposedly have, they haven't displayed any real military ingenuity.
Old 05-22-07, 08:23 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by abrg923
Ironically enough, the title of the episode was the same as the final episode of Angel - "Why We Fight".

Not really ironic since the series finale of Angel was actually called "Not Fade Away". The "Why We Fight" episode of Angel was slightly over halfway through season 5.

Anyway, I just watched the Jericho finale and it was very good. I hate it when the cancel a series without any resolution. They should be sued for wasting peoples' time. They should be required by law to finish the story to their shows somehow.