Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 2:00 A.M.-3:00 A.M." -- 05/07/07

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-07, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but Cromwell was going to kill his grandson a couple of hours ago, now he's killing people to save him? Also, Nadia thinks she has fallen in love with Ricky Schroeder, who she's known for a total of about 10 hours and had about 3 5-minute conversations with? Why wouldn't Jack & the girl and "junior" have picked up the dead bad guys' machine guns & body armor? Wouldn't CTU be aware of empty warehouses 600 Meters away? Those are just off the top of my head.
Old 05-07-07, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Quatermass
Wouldn't CTU be aware of empty warehouses 600 Meters away? Those are just off the top of my head.
Not to mention that's twice now this season CTU's been undermined by terrorists whose hideout was within a few hundred yards of their facility.
Old 05-07-07, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm still laughing over the fact that Tom Lennox and Vice President Cy have been watching/listening to that chick getting nailed for nearly 30 minutes now...with no signing of stopping...
Old 05-07-07, 10:40 PM
Cool New Member

are you people kidding me?
stop watching the show if you hate it so much, Christ.
This episode was one of the best of the season. The past few have been leading to this.
I dont watch previews.. i try not to pay attention to the credits.. so everything that happened in this episode was a shock to me.

The season has been slacking but this is one of the redeeming episodes. Some of you are so far gone you find little ways to bash 24. DIE HARD DID IT DIE HARD DID IT. THEY DID THIS IN SEASON FOUR, BLAH BLAH.

Yeah, they re-use plots.. but, what would you do? I think the Bauer in the air duct and shooting the mom was quiet necessary and appropriate.
Old 05-07-07, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think people are still watching because they're hoping it will get better. but come on, this is the 3rd time the VP tried to overthrow the pres, 3rd time CTU was attacked, 2nd time presidents assistant slept with a spy & had to wear a wire. Almost every "twist" this season was done better & before. Last week I was joking that they were probably going to be attacking CTU again. And it's so ridiculous how every week they alternate Jack leading CTU and being chased by them. And does anybody believe that a computer geek like Morris would be totally fine & back to work half an hour after a power drill was jammed into his arm? That would twist & rip your muscles, not just make a nice little hole. He would be F'd up.
Old 05-07-07, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Doughboy
What I wanna know is how they'll be able to wrap up all the dangling plot threads in the last 3 hours. We've got the Bauer family drama, the CTU soap opera nonsense, Audrey and her dad, Wayne Palmer's condition, Logan's fate(yeah, remember him?), the situation with the Chinese and Russians, and the rumored final scene of the finale.
Don't forget the unsigned resignation in the VP's pocket.

Why wouldn't Jack & the girl and "junior" have picked up the dead bad guys' machine guns & body armor?
Part of me was thinking "yeah, don't give guns to the scared lady and kid with no combat experience. The other part was saying "shit, at least have them lugging extra weapons in case you run out of ammo, Jack!"

Originally Posted by JustAn0th3rFace
are you people kidding me?
stop watching the show if you hate it so much, Christ.
Oh look, it's the weekly "stop watching the show" shit. Hey, if you don't like us pointing out the plot holes in the weekly thread, stop reading it.

We're going to criticize the show when stupid things happen or we see blatant re-hashes. Deal with it.
Old 05-07-07, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,369 Likes on 931 Posts
At least we got some decent gun battles.
Old 05-07-07, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Now William Devane's appearance last week. THAT was definitely ruined by the credits.
I missed the beginning last week, so it was a surprise for me.

Thank you Pizza Hut delivery man!
Old 05-08-07, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Man I actually busted out laughing in this thread... Those guys watching that check and Dr. Daniel Jackson banging for half an hour.. oh many this might be my favorite comedy next to the Office.
Old 05-08-07, 12:03 AM

Logan's fate(yeah, remember him?)
Am I the only one who remembered Logan flatlining after being stabbed as the clock ran out or am I going crazy?
Old 05-08-07, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 741 Likes on 543 Posts
Y'know, if Jack knew all this because of prior experience, maybe he should have taken the extra guns when he rescued Marilyn and grandson Bauer.
Old 05-08-07, 12:16 AM

BOOOORIIIIING!

Yes the "CTU gets infiltrated" rehashed plotline was lame. And I couldn't be more fed up with the White House political bullshit. Milo dying = *shrug* (despite how much I enjoyed him in the first season, this year they gave him nothing to do so I stopped caring)

I am glad though that Bill left CTU when he did otherwise he would've been capped instead (I only care about him, Jack and Chloe now)!

Knew Jack's Big Bad Dad would be back before I even saw Cromwell's name in the opening credits. Looks like he and Cheng will be the main enemies Jack will have to take down in the final 3 hours.

Seriously, if they can even resolve half of this nonsense in 3 eps I will be surprised.
Old 05-08-07, 12:22 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 268 Likes on 203 Posts
A lot of build up with no payoff. Marisol Nichols acting during the raid was terrible even by this shows standards.
Old 05-08-07, 12:31 AM

i really dont care who gets killed anymore. the whole killing off major/supporting characters has turned into a gimmick
Old 05-08-07, 01:48 AM

Of course the other obvious question we must ask is why would Daddy Bauer even need to have the Chinese attack CTU to get his grandson? Didn't Marilyn say they were about to be released so they could go home? Just nab the kid at their house.
Old 05-08-07, 03:02 AM

Of course the other obvious question we must ask is why would Daddy Bauer even need to have the Chinese attack CTU to get his grandson? Didn't Marilyn say they were about to be released so they could go home? Just nab the kid at their house.
Yet another reason why no thought at all was put into any of this season's storylines.
Old 05-08-07, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by metaridley
Yet another reason why no thought at all was put into any of this season's storylines.
so we're supposed to assume jacks dad is psychic? sounded to me like they needed him immediately
Old 05-08-07, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Scotts35
Am I the only one who remembered Logan flatlining after being stabbed as the clock ran out or am I going crazy?
He flatlined, but that doesn't mean he was dead. They could have lost him for a moment, and then brought him back.
Old 05-08-07, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by kinetic
so we're supposed to assume jacks dad is psychic? sounded to me like they needed him immediately
Why? Daddy Bauer is trying to lay low so he can get out of the country. It makes a helluva lot more sense to wait til Josh is processed and sent home then to attack a government agency and kill a bunch of people.

The obvious answer is they only have 3 more hours left in the season. But again, that goes back to the writers having no f'ing clue what they're doing and just making stuff up on the fly.
Old 05-08-07, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 920 Likes on 653 Posts
Your logical and rational thought does not belong here. So is Josh some kind of computer hacker genius that grandpa Bauer needs? Even smarter than Rain Man?

Originally Posted by El Kabong
I think people are still watching because they're hoping it will get better. but come on, this is the 3rd time the VP tried to overthrow the pres, 3rd time CTU was attacked, 2nd time presidents assistant slept with a spy & had to wear a wire. Almost every "twist" this season was done better & before.
Forgot about that one. The assistent screwing the bad guy to get information. Highly original... 6 years ago. I don't hate the show, it is just hard to enjoy when every 5 minutes you are reminded of a scene or plot element they are re-using... that was done better before.
Old 05-08-07, 08:15 AM
Banned

I also got a good laugh when Doyle was heading the team going into the warehouse, the entire team has automatic weapons and Doyle has his trusted handgun....
Old 05-08-07, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If they really wanted to shock me, they would have killed off Nadia.

As it was, I just shrugged when Milo bought it.
Old 05-08-07, 08:20 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Also, Nadia thinks she has fallen in love with Ricky Schroeder, who she's known for a total of about 10 hours and had about 3 5-minute conversations with?
Not to mention the whole holding cell interrogation thing.

Why the hell was Nadia made the acting director anyway? I think just about everybody at CTU has more seniority.

And why was Tom Lennox, a high ranking White House official, in the surveillance van?

I love how, even though the mercenaries were American, they made sure to only cast Asians in case we forgot they were working for the Chinese.

Only surprise: after the conversation at the beginning with Chloe, I thought Morris was dead for sure, and would go down in some heroic fashion. Still could happen, I suppose.
Old 05-08-07, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kinetic
Well certainly sounds more reasonable than a tactical assault they managed to throw together in under two hours into an anti-terrorist government facility. If they had enough intel to basically cripple CTU's systems (including COMM), couldn't they have just hacked in to check their systems to see that Josh was being released?

I have to admit I was playing my DS while listening to this episode I was so bored.

What I wanna know is how they'll be able to wrap up all the dangling plot threads in the last 3 hours. We've got the Bauer family drama, the CTU soap opera nonsense, Audrey and her dad, Wayne Palmer's condition, Logan's fate(yeah, remember him?), the situation with the Chinese and Russians, and the rumored final scene of the finale.
Are you kidding? They ALWAYS leaving stuff dangling. For instance, whatever happened to Kim? How did Palmer get away from the Sherry Palmer murder debacle? What happened to the President that crashed on the plane that Logan replaced? Think back. There are always tons of "what about"s left at the end of each season...
Old 05-08-07, 09:10 AM

The name in the credits has always been an issue on TV. X-Files, Lost, Buffy...it has something to so with SAG I think. Actors are contractually required to be listed in the credits for their work. Though I seem to remember someone making a deal not to do that...for Angel or an ep of Buffy or something.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.