DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Smallville -- "Noir" -- 05/03/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/499589-smallville-noir-05-03-07-a.html)

LorenzoL 05-03-07 05:09 AM

Smallville -- "Noir" -- 05/03/07

"Noir"
Spoiler:
At the Daily Planet, a mysterious gunman shoots Lana. Later, Jimmy is knocked out while studying photographs of 1940s. Suddenly, Jimmy is transported to 1940s. He dreams about Lana, Lex, Clark and Lionel. Lana appears as a coquette who orchestrates the murder of her tycoon husband Lex. Clark works at the Daily Planet as a reporter. Lois is a sultry singer working at a bar owned by Lionel. Meanwhile, back in 2007, Clark discovers why Lana married Lex.

Originally Aired: May 03, 2007

Puzznic 05-03-07 09:13 PM

This crap was awful. If your going to have a 30 minute dream sequence at least make it the dream of one of the main characters and actually have a purpose besides some pointless gimmick.

This might be the worst episode of the entire series, even beyond the vampire and witch episodes.

Patman 05-03-07 09:17 PM

I thought it was just plain weird, and a little pointless as well.

But, we did get to see Clark in glasses.

aktick 05-03-07 09:22 PM

After seeing the preview last week and reading the episode description on Tivo, I thought it would terrible. Much to my surprise, it was only really bad. Not terrible...it gets the upgrade because they DID move things forward a teancy bit.

SuperBatMan 05-03-07 09:51 PM

It wasn't the best, but it wasn't that bad. It felt kinda Lois&Clark-ish. I thought Tom Welling did a good job playing the goofy Clark Kent, and then the confident Clark later on. It really showed me for the first time he would make a good Superman in a movie.

bboisvert 05-03-07 10:30 PM

Meh.

raven56706 05-03-07 10:37 PM

:suicide:.... after watching this episode

kinetic 05-03-07 10:37 PM

glad i skipped this episode.

Ranger 05-03-07 10:41 PM

I didn't think it was THAT bad. Yes, it did use a pointless gimmick but it was nice to look at for a while.

riley_dude 05-04-07 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Puzznic
This crap was awful. If your going to have a 30 minute dream sequence at least make it the dream of one of the main characters and actually have a purpose besides some pointless gimmick.

This might be the worst episode of the entire series, even beyond the vampire and witch episodes.

I couldn't agree more about the pointless gimmick but this was by all means not worse than the witch episode.

Was just reading on Kryptonsite that Welling is signed through a season 8 but Rossenbaum only has a 7 year contract.

Orbi-Wan Techno 05-04-07 06:04 AM

I watched this last night with my sister in law, who has not watched the show since about season 2. We enjoyed it.

bboisvert 05-04-07 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Was just reading on Kryptonsite that Welling is signed through a season 8 but Rossenbaum only has a 7 year contract.

I don't know if this is a spoiler really, but I err on the side of caution. Also keep in mind that I'm getting this from US Weekly, not exactly the most realiable of sources (I'm getting that sent to me to replace my outstanding Premiere issues, since they went belly up.)

Spoiler:
Rossenbaum said that he's definitely not coming back. The sound bite that they used was him saying that he's looking forward to growing back his hair

MrX 05-04-07 05:49 PM

I will agree with the terrible comments.

Red Dog 05-04-07 06:04 PM

Well I can say that the HD presentation of the b/w part looked fantastic.

Michael Ballack 05-04-07 07:53 PM

Pointless episode. I do have to agree that Tom did look good in glasses and would make a great Clark/Superman in a movie. To be fair with Brandon Roth, the entire Superman Returns movie was miscast if you ask me.

Ayre 05-07-07 09:50 AM

I finally got around to watching this episode and I was pleasantly surprised.

Although pointless in the grander arc, it show off the acting talents of quite a few regulars. Aaron Ashmore did a great job as Jimmy Olsen Bogart. Chloe was perfect as always. The real star was direction and dialog. They got the feel of a film noir movie and that is pretty darn ambitious for a fantasy superhero show.

I also watched Superman Returns and what a steaming pile of crap that was. Casting and script were horrible. I can honestly say Season 6 of Smallville was more enjoyable than Superman Returns.

Welling should be Superman <period>

Michael Corvin 05-07-07 07:27 PM

damn. My dvr didn't pick it up. Odd. Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Rogue588 05-13-07 12:35 AM

Haven't watched this yet, but would I be okay skipping this and watching this past week's? I wouldn't want to miss any important Lana developments..

MrX 05-13-07 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Haven't watched this yet, but would I be okay skipping this and watching this past week's?

Yes

TruGator 05-13-07 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Haven't watched this yet, but would I be okay skipping this and watching this past week's? I wouldn't want to miss any important Lana developments..

I would actually recommend watching "Noir," but fast forward through all the black and white stuff.