Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

San Francisco has the worst audiences EVER! (Conan O'Brian related)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-02-07, 02:49 AM

I'm from the Bay Area and I'm watching Conan in San Francisco and the audience is loud and obnoxious. In my experience, recent concerts and movies I've seen in the city have been equally annoying. I went to see Tenacious D last year and the audience was embarrassing. Why the crap would someone go to a comedy show and think they can out funny the act? I don't know, maybe it's just me. It does seem like a more recent thing, maybe it's nationwide douchebaggery. I just needed to get that off my chest.
Old 05-02-07, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you think the SF crowd is obnoxious, then I'm guessing you didn't see the shows he did in Chicago.
Old 05-02-07, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah the Chicago crowd was pretty much the same way. I don't see it as obnoxious just excited to see Conan. Conan comes across as a "Regular Guy" and tons of people love him.
Old 05-02-07, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I thought the crowd in Chic town was pretty good, San Franciso has been pretty good over the last 2 episodes but Chic town seemed just a tad bit more excited.
That part with Mr.T in Chicago was one of the great talk show pieces ever. The bob saget one was pretty good on monday & him breaking that star wars toy was fricken hilarous today.
I love when he takes his show on the road.
Old 05-02-07, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Chicago crowd seemed just as bad. I remember being bummed that I never won a ticket to Conan when he was in town, but after watching one of the Chicago-broadcast shows, I felt like I dodged a bullet.
Old 05-02-07, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Anytime there are that many people in a crowd, you can't really control them. When you go to his actual taping, they warn you about yelling out.
Old 05-02-07, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by nateman241
...& him breaking that star wars toy was fricken hilarous today.
I love when he takes his show on the road.
"Herniated Disk C3-PO" had me cracking up for several minutes.
Old 05-02-07, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Judging by Monday's show, I liked it. They were just enthusiastic. I TIVO'd his shows in SF based on how good it's been. His shows in NYC are too tame.
Old 05-02-07, 04:39 PM

This sort of thing happens to any show that tapes in a "guest city". When Conan tapes in NYC, there's a lot of tourists in the audience who show up that day and just want tickets for whatever show happens to be taping.
Old 05-02-07, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think people are just generally more obnoxious now a days. They were raised to think they could talk loud and not care of others around them. This goes for movie audiences and people who use their cell phones too.
Old 05-02-07, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From what I saw, Conan wanted the audience riled up. They looked like college kids for the most part.
Old 05-02-07, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When Conan was in Chicago, they taped at the Chicago theater, which holds 3,600 people. From the looks of the audience we get on a regular show, there can't be more than 300-400 people in the audience. That's 10 times as many people, its only natural that its a little rowdier....plus, how often do you get to see a live taping if you live outside LA/NY?
Old 05-02-07, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You have to keep in mind also that where he's taping the show in SF holds way more than the little studio in NYC.
Old 05-03-07, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by MvRojo
You have to keep in mind also that where he's taping the show in SF holds way more than the little studio in NYC.

I'm aware. It's just think of that audience in a screening of 300...not a advance screening or even opening weekend, but a Tuesday night screening. The first night the Conan audience was fine, and as i watch tonight they aren't as bad. But last night reminded me of the Tenacious D concert I went to last year when the audience booed/heckled off the opening act (Whose name escapes me). If I had a superpower I would like to control the volume of all people in a 1 mile radius.