DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   the Sopranos -- "Chasing It" -- 04.29.2007 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/499220-sopranos-chasing-04-29-2007-a.html)

Rogue588 04-29-07 02:10 AM

the Sopranos -- "Chasing It" -- 04.29.2007

"Chasing It"

This week, Tony hits an unlucky stretch and AJ makes a life-changing decision. Meanwhile, Vito's widow Marie turns to Tony for help with her troubled son.

kinetic 04-29-07 08:54 PM

well this season sucks so far... :\

dadaluholla 04-29-07 08:57 PM

Ugghh. I am really starting to regret turning my HBO back on for this show. At least there's only 5 left. That's a plus I suppose.

Lara Means 04-29-07 08:59 PM

is there going to be a terrorist attack during the series finale?

tommy28 04-29-07 08:59 PM

I agree....The Sopranos for me has "jumped the shark"

Smidget 04-29-07 09:03 PM

Wow. I didn't expect that reaction. Thought the episode was great and showed even more so how $@#!ed up Tony is
Spoiler:
with his gambling debts, especially that scene with Carmella.

I loved it a lot, but I've loved every episode this season (and most of the series too).

Michael T Hudson 04-29-07 09:29 PM

I thought the fight was some great acting from both Tony and Carm.

kiddk1 04-29-07 09:35 PM

what happened to Renada?

Spoiler:
did tony and bobby kill her

Ted The Bug 04-29-07 10:11 PM

Did the audio pop in and out, and the video freeze a few times, for anybody else watching standard def HBO in DirecTV? Entourage was the same way

Tommy Ceez 04-29-07 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by kiddk1
what happened to Renada?

Spoiler:
did tony and bobby kill her

She was killed by the convienent plot point goblin

Charlie Goose 04-29-07 10:41 PM

Tony really swung for the fence in his argument with Carmella, saying her roof will collapse and kill the unborn baby. In the meantime, she is beginning to realize that there is little chance of her and Tony spending their twilight years together. He'll either be dead or incarcerated. Tony isn't helping his chances by alienating yet another associate.

As for the other part, six episodes left and we get 30 minutes of Vito Jr.? As if there isn't enough shit going on to fill the time. Nine years to wrap up, but we get a shot of some kid we've seen twice taking a shit in the shower.

Nancy Sinatra, what the FUCK has she done to herself? She must be half serpent now.

raven56706 04-29-07 10:48 PM

wow..... this is sum sh!t..... this episode had me at a big huh...

JasonF 04-29-07 10:58 PM

I guess I'm in the minority, but I enjoyed this episode.

I loved Tony's line "There's no geographical solution to an emotional problem." Real wisdom from him, and for once he didn't steal it from Melfi. Against all odds, selfishness leads to the right answer.

cungar 04-29-07 11:03 PM

You guys missed a major plot turn that will effect all future episodes. AJ got dumped by a Puerto Rican chick that no one gave a shit about. Which means he'll be depressed the rest of the season. Groundbreaking stuff there Mr. Chase. Glad you filled that major plot hole.

cungar 04-29-07 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by JasonF
I guess I'm in the minority, but I enjoyed this episode.

I loved Tony's line "There's no geographical solution to an emotional problem." Real wisdom from him, and for once he didn't steal it from Melfi. Against all odds, selfishness leads to the right answer.

I think at this point a lot of people are looking for more than enjoyable episodes. They're looking for the catalyst for a monumental closure for the series. Vito's kid taking a shit in the shower doesn't seem too monumental.

tonymontana313 04-29-07 11:11 PM

I liked the episode as well. I thought Tony and Carmella's fight was quite intense.

GuessWho 04-29-07 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by cungar
You guys missed a major plot turn that will effect all future episodes. AJ got dumped by a Puerto Rican chick that no one gave a shit about. Which means he'll be depressed the rest of the season. Groundbreaking stuff there Mr. Chase. Glad you filled that major plot hole.

In the bigger picture, it was about her turning her back on the mafia lifestyle before she got too deep. As we saw with Paulie last week, their way of life is on the way out... they're not respected and admired like the old days.

JasonF 04-29-07 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by cungar
I think at this point a lot of people are looking for more than enjoyable episodes. They're looking for the catalyst for a monumental closure for the series. Vito's kid taking a shit in the shower doesn't seem too monumental.

Vito's kid taking a shit in the shower ratchets up the tension between Tony and Phil Leotardo. Between that and Tony's escalating money problems -- those, in turn, leading to tensions between Tony and his wife and between Tony and the man who was more like a father to him than any character we've seen in the series -- we got a whole episode full of catalyst.

Tommy Ceez 04-30-07 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by JasonF
Vito's kid taking a shit in the shower ratchets up the tension between Tony and Phil Leotardo. Between that and Tony's escalating money problems -- those, in turn, leading to tensions between Tony and his wife and between Tony and the man who was more like a father to him than any character we've seen in the series -- we got a whole episode full of catalyst.

Bull-fucking-shit

Rypro 525 04-30-07 01:09 AM

I just read potential "spoilers" for the last few episodes, and if they are true then 'Holy Shit" I won't spill the beans (unless you all want me to) but things are going to pick up these last few episodes, and the second to las episode(this isn't a biggie)
Spoiler:
will be about 90 minutes long and some of it will be in black and white dealing with many of the major characters introductions into the mob

Tommy Ceez 04-30-07 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
In the bigger picture, it was about her turning her back on the mafia lifestyle before she got too deep. As we saw with Paulie last week, their way of life is on the way out... they're not respected and admired like the old days.

You honestly think she was getting out before she got too deep?!?!?!?
rotfl

You must be watching deleted scenes, because it seems to me she was breaking up with a guy she didnt like....but apologize for Chase all you want and add layers where none exists

brainee 04-30-07 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
watching deleted scenes, because it seems to me she was breaking up with a guy she didnt like

That's what I saw too. The last couple of episodes have been dropping unsubtle hints of this break-up coming (with her being bitchy to AJ at nearly every opportunity, and AJ cheating).

And I really could've done without Vito Jr. Yeah, I know ... it's setting stuff up for the finale. But there must've been better ways to get Tony and Phil to that emotional state. That was shit I didn't need to see (in more ways than one).

JZ1276 04-30-07 02:30 AM

Vitos kid is ugly even without the makeup. His teeth are jacked and his talks weird....

they werent insinuating that Tony had anything to do with Hesche's GF were they?

Also, where did Tony suddenly come up with the $$$ to pay him back???

Bateman 04-30-07 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Also, where did Tony suddenly come up with the $$$ to pay him back???

I was guessing from Carm's house sale proceeds after he finally fessed up to her about his gambling and money issues.

coli 04-30-07 05:24 AM

I still think the acting is great, the humorous one liners still make me laugh, but I think Chase has just run out of ideas and everything is a setup, when these last 9 episodes should be anything but that. The show is becoming so predictable, especially when Tony & Bobby came over Hesch's house and because it looks like they are going to wack him, you know nothing will happen.

I thought the Carm/Tony fight was too reminiscant of the finale of Season 4, and maybe that was the point, but I felt like I was watching the SAME exact fight over again.

I really love the show, but I just think Chase ran out of ideas during Season 4 and it just seems like we are going through the motions just to get to the end of the show.