Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Dancing with the Stars 4/23

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who should be eliminated?
Laila Ali
0%
Billy Ray Cyrus
26.67%
Joey Fatone
3.33%
Heather Mills
40.00%
Apolo Anton Ohno
0%
John Ratzenberger
23.33%
Ian Ziering
6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-07, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sixth round of competition. Last week, Clyde "the glide" Drexler glided right off the dance floor. New poll created.

Last edited by big whoppa; 04-24-07 at 12:19 AM.
Old 04-24-07, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
I vote for the hostess to be voted off. How hard is it to read the damn cue cards and engage in some mindless chit-chat? Congrats on the 28 score ... vote for ... oh wait, let's go to the judge's table to see them flip the paddles over.
Old 04-24-07, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
The judges seem to be pretty hard on Ian. Not really with the scoring though. They were highly negative in their comments and then it surprised me that they all gave him 8s.

While it wasn't a work of art, I was once again most entertained by Billy Ray and Karina.
Old 04-24-07, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joey/Apollo finale. These guys are highly entertaining while being technically sound. I think Heather's time is up.
Old 04-24-07, 08:29 AM

Received 804 Likes on 523 Posts
I like John... it's time for Heather to go.

I agree with the Joey/Apollo/Laila three way dance, with Apollo eeking out the win over the Fat-one.
Old 04-24-07, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Have to keep John around just so Edyta sticks around.

Hopefully Heather is voted out.
Old 04-24-07, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Heather deserves to be there longer than Billy Ray or John. What was up with Carrie Ann Ann-Arbor or whatever her name is giving Heather such a low score? I can't believe she gave the same score to Heather as she did to Billy Ray and John. I think she is much harder on the female contestants than the males.
Old 04-24-07, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Inaba.
Old 04-24-07, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I know, but whenever I hear them say her name it sounds like "Carrie Ann Ann-Arbor".

I am just a Wolverine at heart. Go blue!
Old 04-24-07, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The judges really do seem to have a hate on for Ian. They are all over him, and I am not quite sure why. Their marks don't always back up their comments either. Strange.

At any rate, I thought Apolo and Laila were the best last night, so the judges at least go that right. The group dance was also a whole lot of fun. I liked the bits with them getting ready for it too. I didn't know much about these folks going into the show, but I sure am starting to like them.
Old 04-24-07, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Apolo and Joey are the 2 best by far.
Apolo and Julianne should win it.
Old 04-24-07, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Heather will probably go but honestly John should (even though I don't want Edyta to go).
Old 04-24-07, 10:37 AM

Inaba is always harder on the women. If Mills had done the routine that Cyrus had done, she'd have fives and sixes. Mills's routine was much hardedr than those done by Ziering, Cyrus, and Ratzenberger, and she completed it. She didn't wimp out like they did. IF this is meant to be a dance contest, she deserved a few more weeks.

Cyrus does not move his feet. Who cares if he has enthusiasm? I preferred Laila last night, but for the first time, I liked Apollo.
Old 04-24-07, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Women celebrities are scored harder it seems. They have to do more dancing.

Apolo and Juliane were dynamite. Great cherography. Great dancing team.

I really enjoy John. The man is obviously trying and can do the steps. The judges are too hard on the guy. If they keep it up, they'll have a problem getting a guy over the age of 40 on this show.

Billy Ray was OK to watch. The guy is just too stiff though and he'll never change. Smart move on Karina's part to resolve herself with the fact that she has to focus on the performance instead of the technique. In other words, he's not Mario.

Heather dances well enough to stay on longer IMO. Given the remaining stars, I guess Billy Ray should go though I'd hate not to see Karina again.
Old 04-24-07, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by big whoppa
Women celebrities are scored harder it seems. They have to do more dancing.

They don't have to lead though.
Old 04-24-07, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by big whoppa
Apolo and Juliane were dynamite. Great cherography. Great dancing team.
yeah, their chemistry last night was so great. looks like Apolo has finally realized he's no more than a brother to Julianne. bummer. Imagine how much better they would be if they were bumpin' uglies...
Old 04-24-07, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like Apolo & Julianne's as dancers, but I thought the choreography of their dance last night was boring. It seemed like the routine never got off the ground; I kept waiting for it to really begin, and then it was over. I agreed with the one judge there was was too much chair, not enough dancing.

Apolo would be much more attractive if he shaved that nasty chin-scruff and stopped wearing the stupid bandanas all the time.

I thought it was funny how Julianne's brother kept saying he can dance with a Rumba with his sister and it's no big deal. I don't think he needs to worry about getting aroused!
Old 04-24-07, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does Leila cover her tattoos for her performances every week? I usually notice them during her practice but not during the actual performances.

I love Edyta
Old 04-24-07, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Apolo would be much more attractive if he shaved that nasty chin-scruff and stopped wearing the stupid bandanas all the time.
Agreed. I think that was his father sitting next to Leeza Gibbons. He must be half Japanese which would explain his last name.

One vote for Fatone. Someone must not like boy bands.

Last edited by big whoppa; 04-24-07 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-24-07, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Joss Stone is awesome. Why don't I have any of her songs on my Ipod? I am going to have to remedy that tonight.

As for the results.... thank goodness. I have nothing against them personally, but... thank goodness.
Spoiler:
She had one really good performance, but I think Heather was overblown every week besides that. I am very ok with her leaving.

Last edited by onebyone; 04-24-07 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-24-07, 09:24 PM

I know this board has had it out for the voted off person from the beginning, but I think it's ridiculous that that person is gone. I always enjoyed the dances which is more than I can say for some of the other people still there. It was obvious the show wanted this person gone as the scores last night made no sense, and the song choice was ridiculous. I did like the swipe at Carrie Ann.

It's interesting to me that Ian was not marked down last night for failing to do any of the required steps, but Laila was during the week she did the Tango. The double standard is annoying.
Old 04-24-07, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by onebyone
Joss Stone is awesome. Why don't I have any of her songs on my Ipod? I am going to have to remedy that tonight.

As for the results.... thank goodness. I have nothing against them personally, but... thank goodness.
Spoiler:
She had one really good performance, but I think Heather was overblown every week besides that. I am very ok with her leaving.
Thought the same thing, and went to Itunes to begin the downloading. She is amazing. Saw her on Leno the other night and her back up singers are amazing also.

That "DreamGirls" performance was phenomenal! And Julianes brother? AMAZING! The performances tonight were first class. No fast forwarding at all. Great Show.

If Ian would dance like he did the swing numbers, he would be more favored to win. He danced with no thought during that number, but when he dances to be judged, he is to uptight, thinks to much and has no joy. I didnt think he missed any steps though? I think the judges just said his performance was lacking.

Thought it was a good time for Heather to leave. Two judged dance numbers from now on. I dont think she could have handled it. Her artificial leg became more and more obvious each week. I noticed it a lot this last time and especially during the swing number.

I dont think I can take week after week of Billy Ray doing that Bubba Chicken dance move. I'm over it already.

Last edited by magiccmom; 04-24-07 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-25-07, 12:22 AM

Received 804 Likes on 523 Posts
I'm not going to give away the name of the person that was eliminated tonight, but I can say that the remaining couples have four legs between each of them.

Old 04-25-07, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Good to see Heather gone. At least the carbon blobs are good for something.
Old 04-25-07, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Joss Stone's early stuff (including the first song she did) is better than her latest CD, IMO. Love her Fell In Love With A Boy remake.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.