Reload this Page >

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: Midnight - 1:00 AM" -- 04/23/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-23-07, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, no one started a thread in advance this time?

That doesn't bode well for the show when no one cares to start the thread until after the ep airs...

It looks like we're back to the cliches and convenient BS again.

Jack sends a message to Bill telling him what is going down, but leaves the message conveniently just when Bill is getting fired.

Speaking of Bill getting fired, oh look... the cliched blackmail angle again.

Definitely a major step backwards this week.
Old 04-23-07, 09:23 PM

I think I'm finally done with it. Before, the episode from two weeks ago saved me from "I'm only in it because I've been into it since the beginning." Now, I'm really done.

Really.
Old 04-23-07, 09:26 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Can anyone post a recap of the last 5 minutes? I saw
Spoiler:
Jack get pissed off at little Ricky about not being able to blow himself up after the exchange.
Any twists at the end?

Sadly, I've regulated 24 to commerical breaks during Heroes.
Old 04-23-07, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Terps54423
I think I'm finally done with it. Before, the episode from two weeks ago saved me from "I'm only in it because I've been into it since the beginning." Now, I'm really done.

Really.
I'll stick with the rest of the season just because that's my level of obsession - I can't quit before the story ends. I won't be scrambling to buy this season on DVD when it comes out, though. I'll wait for it to be on sale for $19.99, and even then I'll think twice. As for next season, I don't care how spectacular the last few eps are, I don't see this being "must see it first run" for me anymore.

Originally Posted by Flay
Can anyone post a recap of the last 5 minutes? I saw
Spoiler:
Jack get pissed off at little Ricky about not being able to blow himself up after the exchange.
Any twists at the end?

Sadly, I've regulated 24 to commerical breaks during Heroes.
Not much else. Just that we find out Audrey is now batshit insane.

No need for spoilers, anyone reading this thread should have watched the episode first, since discussion of the ep is what this thread is for.

Last edited by MovieExchange; 04-23-07 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-23-07, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I still haven't forgiven this season for killing off Bashir...

And another disappointing thing about the Audrey plot, is that there goes the chance of Jack going after her in China next season. In other words, if 24 stays in LA next season, I really think I'm done. They seriously need something new and different.
Old 04-23-07, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
is this the part where I am supposed to say "good transition episode" like everyone got suckered into doing last week

this season is a steaming turd
Old 04-23-07, 09:51 PM

WOW, that episode mad me angry. I really can't stand the childish stupidity that goes on at CTU. It's like a damn kindergarten class. Where the hell are the next 4 episodes going?? That episode was garbage and the rest of the season will most likely be as well.
Old 04-23-07, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Thought it was a meh episode.

-- First, a hostage standoff during a bank robbery, and now being held captive by the Chinese...all that trauma in one season is taking its toll on Kim Raver.

-- Bill & Nadia. Heck, I'd even get Chloe to take over as CTU director before ever letting some scientologist preside.

-- And Bill's wife wanting to resign again was just stupid. The Helen Mirren look-a-like needs to go.
Old 04-23-07, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by skatefan20
And Bill's wife wanting to resign again was just stupid. The Helen Mirren look-a-like needs to go.
I gotta say, the highlight of this episode was the quick framed picture a distraught Karen Hayes was crying over...a smiling Hayes and Buchanan in their Hawaiian leis.
Old 04-23-07, 10:12 PM

Tivo decided to skip this episode without telling me, and it looks like I didn't miss anything special at all....guess Tivo knows me all to well now.

Thanks Tivo
Old 04-23-07, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was that also all Audrey said the last few episodes when Jack got to talk to her on the phone? I forget.

Morris: "Mr Buchanan, Chloe's picking on me!"
Old 04-23-07, 10:24 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts
The only good part was Chloe with the verbal bitchslap of Morris with the line about him arming the nukes
Old 04-23-07, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
OK episode. Noah getting it on with his hot assistant was great.

I don't understand what the heck Tom Lennox's ultimate goal is.

Audrey going crazy is fine but didn't she calmly answer Jack on the phone when he called earlier?

And of course, Bill will get his revenge.
Old 04-23-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ranger
OK episode. Noah getting it on with his hot assistant was great.
What hot assistant? All I saw was that shovel-faced hag that's always hanging around him.

Seriously, I do not see why people find her attractive...

Originally Posted by Ranger
I don't understand what the heck Tom Lennox's ultimate goal is.
I think Tom's goal is what is best for the country. Right now he probably figures that the country is traumatized enough having a nuke go off and seeing the President collapse on TV in a 20 hours span, so he's not going to put the screws to the VP right now because this time he does have the authority to assume power and bringing the perjury issue to light will simply cause more chaos.
Old 04-23-07, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by MovieExchange
I think Tom's goal is what is best for the country. Right now he probably figures that the country is traumatized enough having a nuke go off and seeing the President collapse on TV in a 20 hours span, so he's not going to put the screws to the VP right now because this time he does have the authority to assume power and bringing the perjury issue to light will simply cause more chaos.
Tom wanted the VP to withdraw his irrational push for power, but since his assention is now LEGAL, what does Lennox care?
Old 04-23-07, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 708 Likes on 516 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Tom wanted the VP to withdraw his irrational push for power, but since his assention is now LEGAL, what does Lennox care?
He told him that most of it is to save his own ass. Kinda like Mitch McDeer.
Old 04-23-07, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I kinda felt bad for Audrey.
Old 04-23-07, 11:55 PM

I was so bored and disappointed with this ep that I'll just list off random thoughts instead of writing a coherent criticism of it (I'll leave that to other people here).

- So. Do you think they'll ever let us know if President Logan is actually dead or not? Kinda pissing me off that 2 phenomenal actors (Itzin & Smart) were relegated to mere cameos this season and we have no idea what will happen to either of their characters.

- I actually felt sad when Bill left. Granted, he's been gone & come back before but I think this is really it for him. Now I only have Chloe to care about at CTU

- I love Audrey & especially Kim Raver but was kind of hoping she would die just so SOMETHING interesting would happen this ep. And now she's crazy. Guess getting tortured by the Chinese would do that to anyone (except Jack), but is this really the melodrama we have to look forward to for the final 5 eps?

- Who else really wants to see Jack's dad come back before the end of the season? I like him only because James Cromwell is a great actor who so far has been wasted on this show.

- Memo to Jack: Please catch Cheng and put an END to this now-interminable Chinese subplot.

- I wonder what else they're gonna try to do to make Powers Boothe's character more unsavory. At this point he could launch a nuclear strike against a Middle Eastern preschool and I'd still like him a lot more than DB Woodside's President.
Old 04-24-07, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
They probably are saving Jack's dad for next season or the movie.
Old 04-24-07, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So is Wayne dead and off the show? I noticed on IMDB that he's in a pilot tv show called Viva Laughlin. I guess I don't know anything about it so maybe it's just a cameo. Didn't they "kill off" Audrey so she could go do The Nine and then brought her back after it was cancelled? I assume if The Nine had been successful Audrey would not have come back to 24.

I noticed that Kim Raver is also in another pilot tv show called Lipstick Jungle. Does this mean she's done with 24 AGAIN? Can an actor/actress actually be on 2 different shows at once?

Last edited by whoopdido; 04-24-07 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-24-07, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh brother.

This show is almost like Airplane now. Just a parody of it former self.
All the White House crap and Audrey being crazy was just pathetic.
Old 04-24-07, 01:24 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

The first 50 minutes were a snooze fest.

The ratings should be interesting.
Old 04-24-07, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
I personally loved Jacks comment to Bill on voice mail that he has "been a great friend" If my numbers are correct haven't Jack and Bill known each other for exactly 2 days in their lives separated by 18 months?
Old 04-24-07, 01:41 AM

Yeah I noticed that too. He also said the same thing about Curtis, who he has also known for...2 days out of his entire life.
Old 04-24-07, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by johnnysd
I personally loved Jacks comment to Bill on voice mail that he has "been a great friend" If my numbers are correct haven't Jack and Bill known each other for exactly 2 days in their lives separated by 18 months?
LOL...that's why you have to leave all reasoning at the door while watching this show!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.