Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: Midnight - 1:00 AM" -- 04/23/07

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-07, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I figure that situation was so stressful for Audrey that it gave her a case of... TEMPORARY AMNESIA!!!
Old 04-24-07, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Watch this interview with Joel Surnow. It's the 1st episode of 24 Inside this season. IMO, his ego is getting the best of him. He talks about this season and where the show goes from here.

http://www.24inside.com/
Old 04-24-07, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The show is now satire-proof: there is nothing sketch comedy could do that's as absurd as this season has become.
Old 04-24-07, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by metaridley
- Who else really wants to see Jack's dad come back before the end of the season? I like him only because James Cromwell is a great actor who so far has been wasted on this show.
Reportedly, Phillip Bauer returns in the season finale. At this point, I almost don't care anymore.
Old 04-24-07, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honestly I don't get you guys that bitch and moan every single week. Just quit watching. What's the point of going into the thread every week and saying how much it sucks?
Old 04-25-07, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
For us still sticking around, we want to see how it ends. Also, the point of these threads is to criticize the show whether it sucks or kicks ass. That's the whole fun of watching TV in the 1st place.
Old 04-25-07, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by clckworang
Actually, they were husband and wife on the show. And yes, they were pretty creepy.

I didn't hate this ep as much as some, but I totally see what everyone is saying. This has just been a pretty mediocre season, all in all. But unlike many of you, I know I'll still be there next season to go through it all over again.

In regards to the episode though, probably the development that was the most painful for me was the crazy Audrey thing. Do we really have to go through this? Is she going to be repeating those same words the rest of the season? Is this the producers' way of getting back at Kim Raver for going to another show?
Yeah, why even bring her back if they were going to do this to her....and Us!
Old 04-25-07, 01:21 AM

At this point the only solution is for Congressman Al Swearingen from Deadwood to take over CTU and handle Noah, while Al's old pal Mr. Wu and his hungry pigs take care of the Chinese agent.

Mr. Wu and the Hungry Pigs - sounds like a good name for a band?
Old 04-25-07, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by asianflow
Bill showed up in Season 4 which is a couple of years ago in 24 time. The same goes for Curtis.
OK, but after Season 4, Jack went into hiding until Season 5. And after Season 5, Jack was kidnapped until Season 6. So Jack knew Buchanan and Curtis for a total of 3 days. They're great friends.

Horrible episode. More of the same. Audrey going crazy looked completely stupid. I don't think the actress is talented enough to pull this off believably.

*Yawn* What a bore the rest of the season will be.

Last edited by Goldblum; 04-25-07 at 02:05 AM.
Old 04-25-07, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
My thanks to whichever poster a few weeks back revealed Dave Barry has a weekly blog about 24. I seem to be enjoying those more than the actual show. Here is this week's commentary as the hour progresses:

http://blogs.herald.com/dave_barrys_blog/24/index.html

UPDATE: Here's my badge, extra!
UPDATE: All available resources, against Jack? Hahahaha.
UPDATE: I know I have said this before, but: CTU could not track an elephant through a closet.
UPDATE: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
UPDATE: "Policy-wise, we are in alignment." This is also how Tom picks up chicks.
UPDATE: Wow. Even the Chinese dialog sounds wooden.
UPDATE: Darth Boothe, you HOUND DOG!
UPDATE: "The White House is telling me that if the Chinese get hold of this subcircuit board, we'll have an international incident on our hands." Thanks, Scriptwriters!
UPDATE: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
UPDATE: New subplot time!
UPDATE: Ah! Jack Bauer! So he's still in this series.
UPDATE: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
UPDATE: I'm sorry, but I don't care whether Bill or Karen goes down. Which is not in any way a reference to what is going on in the Oval Office.
UPDATE: That's IT??? We see TWO SECONDS OF JACK and then it's BACK TO THE FREAKING WHITE HOUSE?????
UPDATE: They should change the name of this show to "White House Gasbags."
UPDATE: JACK GOT BILL'S VOICEMAIL!
UPDATE: I'm sorry, but that just struck me as funny. I mean, this is a show where no matter WHAT situation Jack is in -- including clinging to the undercarriage of a nuclear terrorist garbage truck -- Jack always can get through immediately to anybody, anywhere, including the president. But THIS time he gets voicemail.
UPDATE: This is an excellent time for Bill to be pondering personnel matters. Nothing else going on!
UPDATE: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
UPDATE: This is the worst episode padding EVER.
UPDATE: "The public will make assumptions that don't exist." Huh?
UPDATE: Of course agent Ricky has no backup whatsoever. That would be crazy!
UPDATE: Don't ask any questions! I'm part of a subplot!
UPDATE: I have wasted the best years of my life watching this season.
UPDATE: So, do we think we're building toward the One Minute of Actual Action, and then the Shocking Plot Twist? Or what?
UPDATE: Wow! They are going to send help for Ricky! Having shrewdly waited until it is way too late.
UPDATE: Wouldn't it be cool if Jack said, "Whoa! Audrey! Have you gained weight?"
UPDATE: Ummm.... Couldn't the 97 Chinese guys just, you know, shoot Jack?
UPDATE: OK, if this guy gets away from CTU, then this is officially the least competent federal bureau EVER.
UPDATE: Wow! THREE CARS!! That is so CLEVER!! No way could the entire United States government successfully track THREE CARS!!!
UPDATE: The only explanation is that the writers, when they developed this "plot," were smoking a very high grade of crack.
UPDATE: Next week, Jack is under arrest. For a change! We now turn you over to the Amazing Steve, the lone ray of hope in this hideous formless mass of a season.

Old 04-25-07, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by MovieExchange
What hot assistant? All I saw was that shovel-faced hag that's always hanging around him.

Seriously, I do not see why people find her attractive...
It's a stupid discussion. It's called taste and not everyone has the same.
Old 04-26-07, 03:56 AM

My question is: what good would it serve Reed to turn in Buchanan or Hayes? Why would that even come up in regards to the attempted assassination of the President? Would that even serve as a legimate bargaining chip for the case against him?!?

This show officially SUCKS now. Blech.
-ringding-
Old 04-26-07, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by DrRingDing
This show officially SUCKS now. Blech.
Where were you the last 15 weeks?

While I actually liked this episode more than a lot of the mid-season ones (I like President Boothe, and enjoy Jack vs. The Chinese over Jack vs. The Wild Russian), I don't think anything short of George Mason wandering out of the desert could save this season.
Old 04-26-07, 12:17 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was prepared to hate this episode after reading the comments here, but I watched a recording of it last night and thought it was OK. Karen Hayes showed the kind of integrity that she had when she headed CTU (i.e., not much).
Old 04-26-07, 01:08 PM

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
They need to either bring Kim back, re-establish the Jack/Audrey thing, or get Jack back to actually working at CTU. While I still thoroughly enjoy the show, they've taken away all connections Jack has ever had with society. Seasons 1 through 3 worked the best because he actually had a personal stake in the plot; he actually had motivation to save the day. Now, he's basically just a "hired hand" who does what an entire agency devoted to counter-terrorism apparently can't do. It's just too much.
Old 04-26-07, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Where were you the last 15 weeks?

I don't think anything short of George Mason wandering out of the desert could save this season.
Old 04-26-07, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Vipper II
They need to either bring Kim back, re-establish the Jack/Audrey thing, or get Jack back to actually working at CTU. While I still thoroughly enjoy the show, they've taken away all connections Jack has ever had with society. Seasons 1 through 3 worked the best because he actually had a personal stake in the plot; he actually had motivation to save the day. Now, he's basically just a "hired hand" who does what an entire agency devoted to counter-terrorism apparently can't do. It's just too much.
I agree with this 100%. I've mentioned before that I don't get it when people come here and bitch about the show. I say just don't watch. However, even though I'm still a huge fan of the show and will continue to watch every episode, this season has not been great.

They really need to cut it with the whole "end of the world and millions of potential dead" storylines. Forget about the rest of the clowns at CTU. What made the show cool was how much of a badass Jack was. This season (as it's been mentioned countless times) Jack seems to play second fiddle every episode. I think instead of trying to make things so involved and complicated they need to go the other way and simplify everything. Just have Jack kill some bad dudes and save the day. Unless something else changes I think they screwed up bringing Audrey back. An entire season of Jack searching for Audrey in China only to be reunited (or possibly something else involving some kind of cliffhanger) in the last episode would have been gold.
Old 04-27-07, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by rennervision
My thanks to whichever poster a few weeks back revealed Dave Barry has a weekly blog about 24. I seem to be enjoying those more than the actual show.
That was me--and you're welcome! Yes, I agree, Dave Barry's view on 24 tops the actual show most nights for me. Great stuff.
Old 04-28-07, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Watch this interview with Joel Surnow. It's the 1st episode of 24 Inside this season. IMO, his ego is getting the best of him. He talks about this season and where the show goes from here.

http://www.24inside.com/

That is a really sad interview. He really seems to think that this season is going great. If they continue this route, I fear for the next season. However, I do agree with him that Peter MacNicol is doing a great job.
Old 04-28-07, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by whoopdido
Honestly I don't get you guys that bitch and moan every single week. Just quit watching. What's the point of going into the thread every week and saying how much it sucks?
Well then, I don't get you guys that bitch about us bitching. Just quit reading the thread.

Seriously, lighten up Francis. The thread gets pretty damned boring when everyone is on the same page.

Hell, I'd say that it's more entertaining when a large group of people think it sucks (at least for reasons that they can logically defend), because then the comments can get pretty damned funny. For example -

They need to either bring Kim back
Oh my god, does that demonstrate just how badly this show has gone downhill, that we actually have people wishing for Kim to come back?

Maybe the cougar can come back in a sesitive yet gruff supporting role as well?
Old 04-28-07, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They need to either bring Kim back,
NO! No more dumbasses on the show!
Old 04-29-07, 12:10 PM
ATX

The point was that Jack doesn't/didn't work at CTU at the time. He is basically a hired gun that came in for a day's(three days total) work and went home. So Jack has basically worked with/known them for 36 hours total. That is unless they hung out and went fishing on weekends.
yup, that's true about Bill

but somebody also mentioned the same about Curtis which isn't exctly true, when Curtis came in the show in S4... he and Jack met up at CTU and Jack was like "Aye, Curtis how you doing...handshake yada yada" So they wrote it in as Jack/Curtis been knowing each other

another thing i noticed about a similar continuity last season was between Bill/Chris Henderson... Bill didn't know of Chris Henderson, but CH asked Jack who the head honcho at CTU was now, and Jack was like Bill Buchanon... it appeared CH knew BB and not just "knew of him"

anyways, the show sucks... I been watching Heeroes and if i get time i'll watch the dvr or flip between commercials.

i count 5 episodes 1-4 and 17 that were good... hmm, the DVD sales for S6 gonna suck nuts

i don't think the show can recover.