Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 11:00PM - 12:00 Midnight" -- 04/16/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 11:00PM - 12:00 Midnight" -- 04/16/07

Old 04-17-07, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 894 Likes on 632 Posts
She was also on the last seen episode of Studio 60 this year.
Old 04-17-07, 12:43 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good transition episode
Old 04-17-07, 01:28 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I find it strange that Audrey's parents didn't want her "dead body" after the "car accident". You would think they would want a funeral for their daughter.

At least Chloe got more than 2 lines tonight.
Old 04-17-07, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ranger
I loved that shot of them both standing together as Wayne fell down. They looked so sinister and ominous.

Anyone have a screencap of that?

musick ,

Old 04-17-07, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
That is great. Thanks.
Old 04-17-07, 01:59 AM

Hahaha very funny stuff here, guys!

Anyway, I admit I liked this ep a lot more than most from season 6, but it still wasn't as good as last week's. Also, they are continuing to rehash old plotlines (Jack going against the White House, Chloe ONCE AGAIN subverting CTU authority to help him, 25th Amendment being invoked, Wayne Palmer suffering from his injuries, Jack threatening a partner, prisoner exchange, and about a billion other subplots).

I dunno, I just really hope the Chinese plot gets resolved this year. Getting kinda sick and tired of it popping up every now and then but not going anywhere.

And yes, I agree that Powers Boothe is a welcome change from DB Woodside, even if it's becoming ridiculous how they keep switching back and forth in the position of President.

More Jack, More Audrey, More Chloe, please, sirs.
Old 04-17-07, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Kari Matchett, very lovely Canadian actress who was in Invasion last year. She has a new series with Treat Williams on TNT this summer.
I'd debate the use of the word "lovely." That woman is ugly as sin.
Old 04-17-07, 08:02 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was praying that Boothe, once the president collapsed, would have looked at his resignation and torn it in half before he put it in his pocket. That would have been supreme awesomeness.
Old 04-17-07, 08:40 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 566 Likes on 329 Posts
Originally Posted by rennervision
(10) Demand an exchange for Russian technology which is between 20 to 30 years old but is apparently so valuable that everyone from the President to the Vice President to Bill Buchanan to Chloe to Morris to Jack can immediately recite off the top of their heads what a J-47 Circuit Board Whooziwhatsit is capable of doing.
Old 04-17-07, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Is it too much to ask for an episode with Jack in it for more than 3 minutes?
Old 04-17-07, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"You owe me."

He's always been such a selfless patriot that it was nice seeing Jack do something for Jack. He deserves it.
Old 04-17-07, 09:01 AM

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
I was praying that Boothe, once the president collapsed, would have looked at his resignation and torn it in half before he put it in his pocket. That would have been supreme awesomeness.
What I was thinking too...if not that, at least crumple it up with a fist.
Old 04-17-07, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Geofferson
What I was thinking too...if not that, at least crumple it up with a fist.
But then it wouldn't have been there in full legally presentable condition for someone to find and use against him two or three episodes from now.
Old 04-17-07, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
This was a weak episode though, but its a transition episode.
Yeh, I'm transitioning from must see TV to thankfully, only six more episodes - I might as well finish out the season.
Old 04-17-07, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by asianflow
I find it strange that Audrey's parents didn't want her "dead body" after the "car accident". You would think they would want a funeral for their daughter.
Um, I don't think we've seen anything about Audrey's father since he drove his car off a cliff into a river. Her mother has never been mentioned leading me to believe that she has long since passed. Her ex-husband is dead so that leaves Jack as the only person who would request the body... and well he's been in a Chinese prison.

Originally Posted by marty888
Yeh, I'm transitioning from must see TV to thankfully, only six more episodes - I might as well finish out the season.
I'm with ya, bra. This season just can't end fast enough.

I was praying that Boothe
Did you switch to Bones mid-program?

Last edited by rfduncan; 04-17-07 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-17-07, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was hoping for some nonchalant whistling, maybe with "Ix-nay on the esignation-ray" out of the side of his mouth.
Old 04-17-07, 09:59 AM

Received 121 Likes on 83 Posts
A real slide back in quality after last week.
Old 04-17-07, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
time for jack vs. us military.
Take Jack to cover the spread.
Old 04-17-07, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by flagstone
I was hoping for some nonchalant whistling, maybe with "Ix-nay on the esignation-ray" out of the side of his mouth.
Maybe throw in some shifty eyes?
Old 04-17-07, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Um, I don't think we've seen anything about Audrey's father since he drove his car off a cliff into a river. Her mother has never been mentioned leading me to believe that she has long since passed. Her ex-husband is dead so that leaves Jack as the only person who would request the body... and well he's been in a Chinese prison.

I'm with ya, bra. This season just can't end fast enough.
Actually, they mentioned at the end of season 5 that Secretary Heller survived his car diving into the ocean, so William Devane MIGHT come back (I have no idea so this isn't a spoiler)...and in season 4, Heller told Erin Driscoll a story about his wife's death after Driscoll's schizo daughter killed herself.

And yes, I am happy that there are only 6 more eps left! Almost there, almost there!!
Old 04-17-07, 10:56 AM

what did the chinese want to get from interrogating Jack anyway? Just an admission of guilt for the death of the diplomat at their embassy?
Old 04-17-07, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lucasorion
what did the chinese want to get from interrogating Jack anyway? Just an admission of guilt for the death of the diplomat at their embassy?
I'm sure Jack knows a hell of a lot that they would like to get out of him. He was head of CTU for a while, wasn't he?
Old 04-17-07, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MovieExchange
I'm sure Jack knows a hell of a lot that they would like to get out of him. He was head of CTU for a while, wasn't he?
At least once.
Old 04-17-07, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by CharlieK
"You owe me."

He's always been such a selfless patriot that it was nice seeing Jack do something for Jack. He deserves it.
Seriously. I wanted him to say something like:

"I singlehandedly rode underneath a truck to find the terrorists, shot and killed six guys firing at me with automatic assault rifles using only a handgun, and then killed their terrorist leader in hand-to-hand combat using my fists, my head, a giant wrench, and a chain, thereby securing the two suitcase nukes alone and saving tens of thousands of people from death. And that's just in the past hour."
Old 04-17-07, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 694 Likes on 505 Posts
Originally Posted by MovieExchange
I'm going to guess that they took Audrey with the intention of using her to get Jack to talk, but saw a new opportunity with the day's events.
I just don't understand why they (assumingly) brought her back to the states. I'm hoping that she is, in fact, still in China and that the cliffhanger for the end of the season is Jack on a plane to Beijing or wherever the fuck he was being held going to rescue her. Until then, he's just gonna be a tool for them. There's only a few hours left.

I also love that Milo can lean on a desk and put his full weight on his arm and has ditched the sling. I'm still surprised I don't see any blood seeping from Morris' shoulder being drilled. They must have half of Wolverine's healing factor.

Last edited by devilshalo; 04-17-07 at 01:18 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.