DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   HBO Free Preview April 7th to April 11th (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/497344-hbo-free-preview-april-7th-april-11th.html)

Heat 04-07-07 02:58 AM

HBO Free Preview April 7th to April 11th

On Dish Network there's an HBO free preview going on, April 7th through April 11th (next Wednesday). I'm assuming that DirecTV and some cable companies will also have this free preview.

On Dishnetwork it's channels 290 through 297. You also have Boomerang (Channel 281), Discovery Health (Channel 282), and some college sports network (Channel 283) - these three stations you have through May 2nd.

GuessWho 04-07-07 07:33 AM

Comcast in Chicago has a free HBO weekend too

kantonburg 04-08-07 12:09 PM

Nice timing for the Sopranos final stretch. :up:

Tom Banjo 04-08-07 12:52 PM

I just checked, Charter has HBO and Cinemax for free.

invisiblegt 04-08-07 02:05 PM

Time Warner... Negative on anything free this weekend.

Lee Harvey Oswald 04-08-07 05:51 PM

Is there a way to figure out what channel the Free preview on Comcast cable is on?

I've looked on TV Guide channel, Comcast.com, hbo.com, flipped through channels...and can't find it.

uteotw 04-08-07 06:11 PM

Very smart to do with, what with the Sopranos & Entourage starting this weekend.
Too bad DirecTV isn't offering anything like this.

slappy 04-08-07 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by uteotw
Too bad DirecTV isn't offering anything like this.

You may want to double check... I'm getting the HBO freeview channels on my DirecTV receiver.

Snowmaker 04-08-07 08:42 PM

I have it. Would like to watch Entourage, but then I have to find other means to see the rest of the season.

DJ_Longfellow 04-09-07 07:26 AM

I just noticed I had it last night (Comcast in the lower MI area)...AFTER the Sopranos were over...grrrrr.

Anyone know of any way to get FREE HBO through Comcast for a few months? I would like to finish Sopranos and Entourage in real time, rather than waiting for DVD....oh well.

*No Go on FREE HBO. I contacted Comcast and they said they would give it to me for $5 month, but still too much. I'm already paying $100+ for Cable/Internet/DVR.

Patrick G 04-09-07 08:04 AM

I wish there was a site on which you could sign up for email notifications when premium channels have free preview weekends.

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 04-09-07 08:14 AM

No free HBO for me on comcast.

acdcrocks1980 04-09-07 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Patrick G
I wish there was a site on which you could sign up for email notifications when premium channels have free preview weekends.

me too, i always find out about them late lol, i noticed theres a few good movies on hbo on tuesday. Police Academy, Wakko's Wish, Big Top Pee Wee, etc.

Heat 04-11-07 11:20 PM

There are a few hours left. I watched just one movie though I have five more on my DVR plus watched a few Ali G shows.

AudioWizard 04-12-07 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Patrick G

Damn, I was just coming back to this thread to ask if anybody knew of a service like this. I guess the answer is no.