Search this Thread

Old 04-02-07, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Silt
Thanks Silt,that made my day and thats not easy to do on a Monday
Old 04-02-07, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont understand why people think the Guidos couldnt build up a 1/2 hour lead over another team...if they reached the intersection 4th, teamed up with Dustin and Candice, found the Sausage place quicker, those 4 would have left the restaraunt WAY before the other teams...Dustin, Candice, Joe and Bill all finished the food in record times, they were all waiting for eric, danielle and Charla to finish eating.
Old 04-02-07, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
man, one of the guidos sure did finish that sausage fast! it's like he's been practicing his whole life!
Old 04-02-07, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
man, one of the guidos sure did finish that sausage fast! it's like he's been practicing his whole life!
Better yet, so did Dustin
Old 04-02-07, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
I dont understand why people think the Guidos couldnt build up a 1/2 hour lead over another team...if they reached the intersection 4th, teamed up with Dustin and Candice, found the Sausage place quicker, those 4 would have left the restaraunt WAY before the other teams...Dustin, Candice, Joe and Bill all finished the food in record times, they were all waiting for eric, danielle and Charla to finish eating.
Whos to say that making the pretzel would hage been faster, too?
Old 04-02-07, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Whos to say that making the pretzel would hage been faster, too?
Actually I think they WERE going to make the bagel, but got lost and found the sausage place first
Old 04-02-07, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
They were hamstrung by the Intersection. If it would have been an individual task, I wouldn't be complaining about it.
Old 04-02-07, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn! I don't know why my Tivo didn't record the second hour. I missed all the good stuff...an eating contest, Charla getting knocked over in a suit of armor. I didn't even see who came in last in the first hour. It was the Guidos and D&E racing to the finish. Did the Guidos come in last and get marked for elimination? Eliminated on the next leg?

But I love the tuning task and how they broke several strings. Charla and Mirna were silly with the polish sausage question to the driver.
Old 04-02-07, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Better yet, so did Dustin
you win.

is it sick and wrong that I would have still made out with her after she ralphed?
Old 04-02-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Brent_MN
is it sick and wrong that I would have still made out with her after she ralphed?
Hand her a stick of Doublemint and I'd be good to go.
Old 04-02-07, 11:22 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by big whoppa
Damn! I don't know why my Tivo didn't record the second hour. I missed all the good stuff...an eating contest, Charla getting knocked over in a suit of armor. I didn't even see who came in last in the first hour. It was the Guidos and D&E racing to the finish. Did the Guidos come in last and get marked for elimination? Eliminated on the next leg?

But I love the tuning task and how they broke several strings. Charla and Mirna were silly with the polish sausage question to the driver.
My TiVo was also set to NOT record the second hour. I think the problem was that the two hours showed up as separate episodes, but with the same title. So if your TiVo is set to only record first runs (not all episodes), it thought the second was a repeat. I changed it to record that second episode also.

guidos did come in last the first hour, after some teams had already started the next leg. it was a non-elim, so they were marked for elimination.
Old 04-03-07, 12:41 AM

Charla and Mirna were silly with the polish sausage question to the driver.
Yea I agree, i wouldn't talk to them either if they asked such a stupid question. personally even through some people might say- 'you should be nice to Charla because shes a little person'.-i couldn't personally i find both of them extremly annoying and i can't wait till they get eliminated.
nice of Oswald & Danny to give up the trip to Uch & Joyce, I hope one of those 2 teams wins the race.
Eric & Danielle are the new Rob & Amber in my opinion, actually they are more annoying then them, danielle is a moron & Eric treats her like shit.
Phil looks even more grumper this week then last, i can just think as he is standing there asking himself-'were's my check? so i can leave'.
pretty good episode, i was happy it as 2 hours but i would have liked to have seen it start an hr earlier so they could have both cold case & without a trace instead of just cold case, but both shows were good last night!
Old 04-03-07, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
My TiVo was also set to NOT record the second hour. I think the problem was that the two hours showed up as separate episodes, but with the same title. So if your TiVo is set to only record first runs (not all episodes), it thought the second was a repeat. I changed it to record that second episode also.

guidos did come in last the first hour, after some teams had already started the next leg. it was a non-elim, so they were marked for elimination.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check and adjust my recording.

Team Cha Cha Cha gave up a trip they won to Joyce & Uchenna? How come?
Old 04-03-07, 02:29 AM

anyone else find it funny that charla becomes bullemic (sp?) while teaming with "beauty queens". maybe just me, i don't know. lol
Old 04-03-07, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by big whoppa
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check and adjust my recording.

Team Cha Cha Cha gave up a trip they won to Joyce & Uchenna? How come?
All four held hands and jumped on the mat at the same time. Phil told them only one couple could win the prize. Cha Cha's immediately said Luchena and Joyce could have it. It ended up being a romantic getaway which worked out cuz Cha Chas arent a couple. Still they gave it away before they knew what it was. One of the classiest moments ever. Hope they win.
Old 04-03-07, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by nateman241
Eric & Danielle are the new Rob & Amber in my opinion, actually they are more annoying then them, danielle is a moron & Eric treats her like shit.
I do agree Daneille is annoying and not to bright and Eric treats her like crap, and that is why I dont agree they are the new Rob and Amber. Rob and Amber treated each other with great respect, ran the race as a team, and didnt run a freakin wimpy race like those two, who are consistenly at the end of the pack. Yes, I know they are still in the race, and Rob and Amber arent but hey, a bad leg can take you out any time. Other than that bad leg, Rob and Amber were consistenly in the lead, and that was in both races they won. I highly doubt Danielle and Eric will be together much longer past the end of this race.
Old 04-03-07, 08:19 AM

After watching the last episode, has anyone thought that maybe they should've make the eating challenge fairer by having the portion of food be proportional to their weight? It's not fun watching someone like Charla who probably weight 1/3 of the weight of one of the big guys but still have to eat the same amount of food. Watching a girl throw up after eating so much is just not entertaining to watch.
Old 04-03-07, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by mookiemeister
After watching the last episode, has anyone thought that maybe they should've make the eating challenge fairer by having the portion of food be proportional to their weight? It's not fun watching someone like Charla who probably weight 1/3 of the weight of one of the big guys but still have to eat the same amount of food. Watching a girl throw up after eating so much is just not entertaining to watch.
No, it was their choice to do that task. They could have done the bagels which would involved no eating.
Old 04-03-07, 08:38 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Also got burned by the Tivo non record. I was padding by 1/2 hour, but now I pad each show by 1 hour.

And for some reason CBS.com does not repeat TAR eps online.

Rooting for U&J, but really would have no problem with anyone winning at this point, I think the season has been fairly entertaining.
Old 04-03-07, 11:30 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did it seem like maybe there was a task that was cut (or edited out) from the first leg? Just seemed odd to me that it was flight, find Chopin, one detour, and go to the pit stop. Yeah, the flight situation was a task of sorts, but still..

And I agree the second leg was really poorly designed. If anything they should have had a less linear task after the Intersection broke apart. The only way Guidos would have had any chance is if they somehow made up the half hour in travel time. I can only assume that the producers were desperate to get everyone at least somewhat bunched up after two legs of wildly distant finish times.

It's kind of screwed up that only one prize was available. I could see if it became a situation where the teams were purposely finishing together to maximize prizes, but in this circumstance (Intersection + Fast Forward) I think it would have been okay to give them both the prize. Cheap ass Travelocity!
Old 04-03-07, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

When the second group of teams finally arrived, did anyone else get the impression they had to drag "Chopin" out of bed in order to be there?
Old 04-03-07, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's not fun watching someone like Charla who probably weight 1/3 of the weight of one of the big guys but still have to eat the same amount of food.
Her torso isn't smaller, isn't it just her arms and legs? I may be wrong, just a guess.

Originally Posted by Jadzia
When the second group of teams finally arrived, did anyone else get the impression they had to drag "Chopin" out of bed in order to be there?
yeah, that's unfortunate. he's probably a student or TA or something at that school, and his prof made him do it.
Old 04-03-07, 04:24 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Silt
Insert the sound of R2-D2 falling over in the original Star Wars and you've got yourself a clip.

All in all I thought these were some of most exciting episodes of the whole series. I have never seen one team start a leg before another team had even completed the previous one.
Old 04-03-07, 04:34 PM

I thought that. She has a tinier digestive system. Seems to me she had way more food to eat and it should have been adjusted. Just like her knight costume was adjusted.
Old 04-03-07, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by magiccmom
I thought that. She has a tinier digestive system. Seems to me she had way more food to eat and it should have been adjusted. Just like her knight costume was adjusted.
they didn't adjust tasks for Sarah, the girl with the artificial leg, on the last Race. Why should being a little person be any different?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.