DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Sopranos Season 6 Part 2 Ep 13 "A Few Kind Words"...Leaked ! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/496832-sopranos-season-6-part-2-ep-13-few-kind-words-leaked.html)

JZ1276 04-01-07 07:30 AM

Sopranos Season 6 Part 2 Ep 13 "A Few Kind Words"...Leaked !

I just finished watching this episode....UNBELIEVABLE!

Has anyone seen it yet?

Flay 04-01-07 10:22 AM

It was just ok, pretty far from unbelievable. I did laugh at the brief Christopher bit though.

MrX 04-01-07 12:23 PM

I thought it dragged a bit after the fight.

Christopher's phone call was definitely the highlight:lol:

Jack Straw 04-01-07 12:48 PM

Can someone please post some spoilers (tagged of course)?

MrX 04-01-07 01:10 PM

Here's a good summary

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31979

Rypro 525 04-01-07 04:22 PM

(must refrain from watching....)

JZ1276 04-01-07 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Flay
It was just ok, pretty far from unbelievable. I did laugh at the brief Christopher bit though.

i thought it was wayy better than just ok...
anyway, how did hbo let this get leaked?

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 04-01-07 06:53 PM

HBO probably leaked it for more publicity

Shannon Nutt 04-01-07 07:04 PM

Good episode if your a Bobby Baccula fan.

Bad episode if your a fan of Christopher, Sil and/or Paulie (who, combined, have about 10 seconds of screentime).

I liked the episode, but considering we've only got nine of these left, not much was covered/dealt with plotwise. I get the feeling Chase may be giving each one of the supporting characters an episode to "wrap up" their story...and we started with Bobby B.

Patman 04-02-07 12:12 AM

There were a few scenes that I rewound because I found them funny or had that "WTF???" reaction from them.

JZ1276 04-02-07 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Good episode if your a Bobby Baccula fan.

Bad episode if your a fan of Christopher, Sil and/or Paulie (who, combined, have about 10 seconds of screentime).

I liked the episode, but considering we've only got nine of these left, not much was covered/dealt with plotwise. I get the feeling Chase may be giving each one of the supporting characters an episode to "wrap up" their story...and we started with Bobby B.

Not much was covered, but I think this episode showed the beginning of the end for Tony.
Spoiler:
Getting beat up by Bobby B in front of his wife and sister was bad enough, Itll be even worse if his crew finds out

GreenVulture 04-02-07 05:41 AM

Spoiler:

Getting beat up by Bobby B in front of his wife and sister was bad enough, Itll be even worse if his crew finds out
I don't think there's much chance of it getting out. Both Tony and Bobby agreed to put the issue to rest, and Bobby is not exactly a "loose lips" type of fellow.

I thought the episode was fantastic, and
Spoiler:
really, everytime I think Tony is as petty an asshole as a person can be, he manages to impress me by taking his pettiness even further.

That last shot was kind of heartbreaking. Nice song choice, too.

Shannon Nutt 04-02-07 10:34 AM

Bobby had the funniest line of the night:

Spoiler:
Saying that the Parker Brothers took a lot of time working out the rules of Monopoly when Tony and the others wanted to use "Free Parking" for a money pot

Jack Straw 04-02-07 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by MrX

Thanks!

SFranke 04-02-07 07:50 PM

What is the name of the music playing in the background during the Monopoly scene? Thanks in advance.

Chew 04-03-07 06:54 AM

Other than the important part in the middle and the Christopher phonecall, I found it to be pretty dull. Especially being the first episode.

rabbit77 04-03-07 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by SFranke
What is the name of the music playing in the background during the Monopoly scene? Thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwNrmYRiX_o

Flay 04-08-07 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Bobby had the funniest line of the night:

Spoiler:
Saying that the Parker Brothers took a lot of time working out the rules of Monopoly when Tony and the others wanted to use "Free Parking" for a money pot

I thought that whole argument was a bit stupid. But they were all drunk.

Brent L 04-08-07 04:34 PM

I thought it was a very well executed episode, from all of the setups to the dialogue as the evening went on. If you ask me, it was very solid and it call should lead to some very interesting episodes in the future leading up to the end.

whotony 04-08-07 09:52 PM

why re there 2 topics for this episode.

kspring 04-10-07 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
I thought it was a very well executed episode, from all of the setups to the dialogue as the evening went on. If you ask me, it was very solid and it call should lead to some very interesting episodes in the future leading up to the end.

I agree. I particularly loved the foreshadowing on this episodes. A lot better than the first episode of the 6th season.

Spoiler:
Especially when Tony was in prison with that "mulignan" who was using the toilet behind him as he stared off. Is this a foreshadowing of Tony's future in the can?

Another interesting part that even the review linked above did not mention was when Tony told Bobby that he was considering replacing Christopher with him as Tony's insulator-guy. Is Tony not going to consider Bobby for this position now that Bobby beat Tony or did that build respect with Tony. I always thought Bobby was a wuss until I saw that. It was like two gorrillas fighting. I think Tony made a point to Bobby not to cross him again when he sent him to kill that French Canadian that wanted custody of his daughter. Tony made it clear that he could lose his daughter the same way as that Canadian, which was why he held his daughter so tight at the end of the episode.