Search this Thread

Old 03-25-07, 01:46 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Battlestar Galactica *Season Finale* - "Crossroards, Pt. 2" - 3/25/07

"Crossroards, Pt. 2"
Spoiler:
Gaius Baltar's trial takes many surprising turns; a series of coincidences creates new alliances aboard Galactica.
Old 03-25-07, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts
I've heard that tonight's ep will run a few minutes over, so if you're recording it you might want to be aware of that.

Being the season finale, I'd wager that nobody wants to miss the final scenes.
Old 03-25-07, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If what I read turns out to be true........I am affraid this show without a doubt jumps the shark with the ending.

They have been close to the jump a few times this season but this one means no turning back. (Goes into a corner to cry )
Old 03-25-07, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Mike2
If what I read turns out to be true........I am affraid this show without a doubt jumps the shark with the ending.

They have been close to the jump a few times this season but this one means no turning back. (Goes into a corner to cry )
I haven't read the spoilers yet, but didn't a lot of people say this last season with the settlement of New Caprica? I felt that paid off in a major way so right now, without having seen this finale, I trust in the narrative direction.

Can't wait!
Old 03-25-07, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Sucks we're going to have to wait a year for season 4.
Old 03-25-07, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts
Face it, there's just no way to have a satisfying ending for the show. It was one of the inherent flaws in the idea and it goes all the way back to 1979.

If they totally and completely defeat the Cylons, it's corny, like the ending of Independence Day.

If they just elude them, or the cylons give up, it's a cop-out, which is what the original series did.

If they all die, it's too depressing, which is what would happen if this were actually real.

And once they reach earth, well, we all remember what happened in 1980.

I greatly enjoyed this episode, and I've greatly enjoyed the entire series. It took an even bigger chance than it did when it skipped ahead a year. I can't wait for 2008.
Old 03-25-07, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So... Starbuck's a cylon? Any other explanation for her sudden reappearance? We are, obviously, wanted to believe that the other four are cylons, but does everyone look at that as a done deal? To me, a real shocking finale would have been to actually see the final five revealed in a flashback at the temple when Zena checks each of them out. Maybe the lawyer is one of the final five and he is playing games to cause major havok in the fleet with key personnel (pilot, command officer, presidents number 1, and chief deck hand)? I don't really care if the other four are Cylons, but I really do not want Starbuck to be one...

Last edited by Bcolon; 03-25-07 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-25-07, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts
Well, when Zena saw the final five, she was shocked at the one and said something like "Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't know." That makes a lot of sense if one of them was Tigh, who suffered quite a bit at their hands.

And it should come as no suprise that Tory is one, since all Cylon women are absolutely smoking hot
Old 03-25-07, 10:28 PM

I enjoyed the episode until the end. What the hell did they do to the music? I think Bear McCreary changed the style way too much that it felt like I was watching something else.....
Old 03-25-07, 10:33 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I enjoyed the episode until the end. What the hell did they do to the music near the end? I think Bear McCreary changed the style way too much that it felt like I was watching something else..... :
I don't own any of the BSG soundtracks, but will definitely pick up season 3 if it has some of this music on it.

Overall, the series has been hinting for a long time that there is something going on beyond the cylons and colonials, although I have no idea if they will be able to carry it through to the end (one can hope). The re-appearance of Starbuck only makes it weirder, but I'm definitely interested in seeing how they close it out.

In addition, we will have a BSG movie to look foward to at the end of the year to bridge into season 4, so perhaps some answers might be there as well.
Old 03-25-07, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well now it's confusing me.

All Along the Watchtower is obviously a 20th century Earth song. But in the context of "Battlestar Galactica" is it a 20th century Earth song...or just 'a song.'

I wish they could have gotten the rights to the REAL song and not have to create a cover version.

If it was the real song they were hearing, then we may have something. But since it's just a facsimile, what are we left with?

I don't think all of the 4 in that room are Cylons. I think it's part of "The Plan."
Old 03-25-07, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No way are those four Cylons. They're something else. Tyrol has a kid, right? So how can he have kids with a human, unless Cally is also a Cylon?

I suspect that Roslin is a hybrid. Her cancer is the result of the imperfect union, and that's also why Hera's blood helped her the first time around.

Starbuck is real. I can't wait till they find Earth and have to learn to play "spaceball" to save a bunch of kids.

I figure the series will end by showing Earth hundreds of years from now... Now renamed Caprica, with everything happening all over again with different people with the same names...
Old 03-25-07, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts
I enjoyed the episode until the end. What the hell did they do to the music? I think Bear McCreary changed the style way too much that it felt like I was watching something else.....

Here's his blog, pretty detailed, maybe a minor spoiler.

http://www.bearmccreary.com/html/blog/blogmain.htm

I'm still puzzling it all out, but Lee on the stand was just awesome. I'm sure someone's going to just call it fanservice, but every point he made was valid.
Old 03-25-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Shazam
No way are those four Cylons. They're something else. Tyrol has a kid, right? So how can he have kids with a human, unless Cally is also a Cylon?

I suspect that Roslin is a hybrid. Her cancer is the result of the imperfect union, and that's also why Hera's blood helped her the first time around.

Starbuck is real. I can't wait till they find Earth and have to learn to play "spaceball" to save a bunch of kids.

I figure the series will end by showing Earth hundreds of years from now... Now renamed Caprica, with everything happening all over again with different people with the same names...
Boomer and Helo have a kid, so why not Tirol and Callie?
Old 03-25-07, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Shazam
They're something else. Tyrol has a kid, right? So how can he have kids with a human, unless Cally is also a Cylon?

(Psst. Helo and Athena have a kid...)
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bcolon
Boomer and Helo have a kid, so why not Tirol and Callie?
Because it's supposed to be really, really, really hard for hybrids to happen. Which is why Hera is supposed to be so special.
DVD Talk Special Edition

When do the podcasts usually come online? I have never listened to one, but I think this might be my first.
Old 03-25-07, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know much about the old Battlestar series, but my thinking was that Starbuck is a Cylon (maybe not a "bad" Cylon) and is a descendant of a Cylon creator giving her a sort of "god" status among them.

It was an interesting finale, although some of the episodes this season were a bit boring (for me).

I also feel the series will end with them finding Earth, but perhaps it's closer to current day.
Old 03-25-07, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by BlackCapTen
I also feel the series will end with them finding Earth, but perhaps it's closer to current day.
To be honest, I don't think even that would be a satisfactory ending since too many mystical/coincidental things have happened. I have a feeling it's going to be on the reality altering level, which for the anime fans out there, probably on the scope of Evangelion/Rahxephon.
Old 03-25-07, 11:16 PM
Suspended pending providing a working email address

Originally Posted by BlackCapTen
I don't know much about the old Battlestar series, but my thinking was that Starbuck is a Cylon (maybe not a "bad" Cylon) and is a descendant of a Cylon creator giving her a sort of "god" status among them.

It was an interesting finale, although some of the episodes this season were a bit boring (for me).

in old BSG, Starbuck got ditched on some lame planet, found a chick who lived there, knocked her up. Met a cylon he eventually became friends with (or was that some Dennis Quaid Movie), and sent his pregnant chic back go BSG while he died on the planet.
Old 03-25-07, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Let me just say ...

With that out of the way, the courtroom stuff was fantastic ... especially Lee on the stand. And I love the revelation that Adama's vote was the swing. And the defense was right. Baltar was a slime-bag and a coward, but that's not a crime.

Regarding the "shocking" finish - I really wish I didn't see the previews last week. They pretty much spoiled it, and I wasn't surprised at all (don't you hate when previews do that - not only did they spoil that certain crew-members thought they were Cylons, it showed Baltar celebrating after a 3-2 decision). I'm not convinced who is and isn't a Cylon. There's a lot of other things that could be at work here (including them being human and the Cylons doing something to them without their knowing on New Caprica to make this stuff happen).

2008 is a long way away
Old 03-26-07, 12:09 AM

I've decided that BSG's final episode was Exodus pt 2. That way, I can remember it as one of the best tv shows of all time. Otherwise...

D
Old 03-26-07, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 327 Likes on 199 Posts
Wow, best episode since they got off the planet

But who is the other Cylon?

Baltar? Did it seem like at the end before those women scooped him up that he was hearing the music>?

Which cover of All Along the Watchtower was that one?
Old 03-26-07, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought it was great. Left me wanting more and that's what it set out to do.
But why was Starbuck so coy? Hi, I'm back, it's me Lee.
Old 03-26-07, 01:24 AM

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Derrich
I've decided that BSG's final episode was Exodus pt 2. That way, I can remember it as one of the best tv shows of all time. Otherwise...

D

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.