Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Galactica *Season Finale* - "Crossroards, Pt. 2" - 3/25/07

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-07, 08:26 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason
Please. There has not been one episode of BSG yet that was downright bad.

Didn't you see "Scar"?
Old 04-01-07, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
I actually enjoyed Scar more than some of the others people pick on (like The Woman King or A Day in the Life). The idea of a raider gaining sentience and not wanting to fight? I kinda hope that idea is explored a little more in the future, it really helps to make the Cylons more three-dimensional as a race.
Old 04-01-07, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
Didn't you see "Scar"?
That's one of my favorite eps.

Old 04-01-07, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Please. There has not been one episode of BSG yet that was downright bad.
I disagree - strongly. I actually feel that about 25% of the episodes range from bad to downrigh awful. (with about 25% being mediocre, 25% pretty good, and 25% great). But I guess that's just me.
Old 04-01-07, 02:38 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Can't we all just get along?
Old 04-01-07, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What made "Scar" bad to me was the horrible acting by Starbuck and Kat.

Maybe it was the bad lines they were told to say.

But to call back to an earlier post...why would the space traveling 13th Colony "devolve" into neanderthals?
Old 04-01-07, 02:41 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 04-01-07, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just made the fireplace/rug my wallpaper...NOW I get spread legs??!?

Geeezz...
Old 04-01-07, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
But to call back to an earlier post...why would the space traveling 13th Colony "devolve" into neanderthals?
What if there hasn't been a 13th Colony until the remnants of the 12 make the 13th?
Old 04-01-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Jesus... I could spend a week with my face buried in that ass.
Old 04-02-07, 06:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
What made "Scar" bad to me was the horrible acting by Starbuck and Kat.
That was a HUGE part of it for me as well. As good as the acting in this show was the first season, it has been equally as bad at times. I also thought the whole "Scar" story was retarded, but the acting was the worst part of that episode.
Old 04-03-07, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Please. There has not been one episode of BSG yet that was downright bad

Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
Didn't you see "Scar"?
Or "Black Market"? Or "Downloaded"? Or just about every other episode of Season 3? I loved Season 1. Liked Season 2. Didn't care for Season 3 much at all.
Old 04-03-07, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well after watching episode after episode pile up on my TiVo until I had 8 unwatched episodes just sitting there, I deleted them all last night.

Any word on when season 3 is coming out on DVD? That might be the only way I watch them.
Old 04-04-07, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
Well after watching episode after episode pile up on my TiVo until I had 8 unwatched episodes just sitting there, I deleted them all last night.

Any word on when season 3 is coming out on DVD? That might be the only way I watch them.
Probably EOY or right before the next season starts........They are also releasing the 1st season on HD DVD (so rumors say) at the EOY as well.....You culd always ITUNES it or if you have universal HD catch the episodes when they air on there.
Old 04-04-07, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe

Can't we all just get along?
Oh come on.
Guess we get equal time then.

Last edited by riley_dude; 04-04-07 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-05-07, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My interview with Ronald Moore is now up (we talk about the finale, where the show is going, will we ever see earth, the upcoming tv movie, will we see a theatrical film, etc.):
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/155...30/story.jhtml

It was cut due to length, but one of the topics that people have been asking about here is why is there a 9-month stretch between seasons. Moore said the reasoning was because when they premiered in the fall for the 3rd season, they got killed by baseball playoffs and a ton of other shows also premiering. Because of that, the network thought it'd be better to go back to launching in January, which is BSG's traditional premiere date and where they did relatively well. They hope the two-hour event in Q4 will help make the weight a bit easier.
Old 04-06-07, 05:35 PM

A little late to the ball game, but here is my theory. And I am going way out there with it! The Final Five are not cylons The cylons think they are but they are just humans.

The four are part of the final five but they are humans. The reason the cylons are not supposed to see them is because the Final Five changes, due to death, age, etc.

With respect to the trial, yea, I figured out Baltar was going to Not Guilty, to bad Rosilyn had an agenda and did not abide by it. Seems once people get close to each, they break apart because of something else.

Were those Cylon baseships at the end? I thought it may be the Ship of Lights ala Battlestar Galatica 1979. When the lights appeared the instruments went all screwey on the ships. At the end of the War of the Gods, Apollo, Starbuck and Sheeba recieved the coordinates to the way to Earth. I am guessing Starbuck, had encountered the Ship of Lights, and the "angels" and was given the way to Earth!

Well that's my guess.

***Well finally read everyones elses thoughts, Ron Moore says they are cylons? Hmm, throw my theory out the window...

Last edited by tronmaster; 04-06-07 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-06-07, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BJacks
My interview with Ronald Moore is now up (we talk about the finale, where the show is going, will we ever see earth, the upcoming tv movie, will we see a theatrical film, etc.):
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/155...30/story.jhtml

It was cut due to length, but one of the topics that people have been asking about here is why is there a 9-month stretch between seasons. Moore said the reasoning was because when they premiered in the fall for the 3rd season, they got killed by baseball playoffs and a ton of other shows also premiering. Because of that, the network thought it'd be better to go back to launching in January, which is BSG's traditional premiere date and where they did relatively well. They hope the two-hour event in Q4 will help make the weight a bit easier.
As much as I would love to deliver a good tasering to the unwashed heathens that aren't giving this show it's proper due, I'm glad to see them working around the problem instead of just trying to pigheadedly bash their way through.
Old 04-07-07, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry to follow my own post, but something came to me earlier tonight. I was listening to Eric Clapton on my wife's iPod, and I started to mentally catalog the Clapton CD's I had, and when I got to the Crossroads box, a lightbulb went off in my head, making a connection to the old blues tradition of making a deal with the devil at a crossroads in order to gain musical talent. Combine that with the use of All Along the Watchtower in this episode, and it made me wonder if the title Crossroads had another meaning, like the RTF was going to have to make some kind of deal with the Cylon's in order to get to Earth.

Anyone? Am I stretching here?
Old 04-09-07, 05:17 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 04-09-07, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by milo bloom
Sorry to follow my own post, but something came to me earlier tonight. I was listening to Eric Clapton on my wife's iPod, and I started to mentally catalog the Clapton CD's I had, and when I got to the Crossroads box, a lightbulb went off in my head, making a connection to the old blues tradition of making a deal with the devil at a crossroads in order to gain musical talent. Combine that with the use of All Along the Watchtower in this episode, and it made me wonder if the title Crossroads had another meaning, like the RTF was going to have to make some kind of deal with the Cylon's in order to get to Earth.

Anyone? Am I stretching here?
I wouldn't see that 2 far from the truth since as long as they are both around they will try to destroy each other and NOT focusing on getting to earth, getting there together though would be much quicker, BUT I doubt that will happen........
Old 04-15-07, 09:00 AM

I just got around to watching this.

Originally Posted by riley_dude
My question is, why are they hearing an Earth song from the 60's?
Could we see a Galactica: 1960 in our future?
When Anders realizes that Tyrol is hearing the same song as he is they agree that they only half remember the song like it was something from their childhood. What if the final 5 were created by the 13th tribe on Earth. That would explain why they are different then the others and why they know 60s Earth music. Tigh says in this ep that he served the Fleet for 40 years. So if they final 5 left Earth around 1960 something and returned to the 12 colonies the times work out. Plus Starbuck says she has been to Earth so perhaps she did die when her viper blew up and downloaded back to Earth then returns to the Fleet to show them the way back.

That's my theory anyway.
Old 04-17-07, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nope. The reason has been linked to multiple times in this thread, but Moore told the show's music person to re-arrange the song so that it sounded like it came from within the show's universe. He also said that it was to seem as if the Colonial artist and the Earth songwriter had possibly tapped into the same ethereal inspriation to write the song.

And this came to me recently also: How pissed off would we have been if they had licensed a current cover and then not been able to use it on the DVD set?
Old 04-17-07, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
This guy was at the Grand Slam this weekend. That is unless it was one that looked like him.
Unfortunately couldn't stay to see the actors who play Kira and Apollo on Sunday but it would have been nice.
Old 04-19-07, 05:27 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anybody know if that version of All Along the Watchtower is available to d/l anywhere? I personally really liked it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.