Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Galactica *Season Finale* - "Crossroards, Pt. 2" - 3/25/07

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-07, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by das Monkey
Ask him why they can't find anything for Kandyse McClure to do. She's a better actress than both Park and Clyne, but largely gets nothing outside of her 90210 plot with Lee.

Ask him why the lyrics in "All Along the Watchtower" didn't match the lyrics being spoken by the characters.

Ask him if he knows who the final cylon is or if he'll worry about that in Season 4 and make it sort of work.

Also ask him who would win in a fight: Samuel Anders or Riley Finn.

das
Riley, duh. He fights demons. Anders plays pro-whatever-that-sport-is-called.

Interesting turn of events. Not sure I liked everything. Will have to see how things play out.
Old 03-28-07, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by kakihara1
Bilbo found the ring in the cave BTW.
Old 03-28-07, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Smoking hot? Really?? To each his own, I guess.
She's smoking hot to me too.
Old 03-28-07, 11:05 PM

Does anybody know when Ronald D Moore's podcast for this episode will be up?
Old 03-28-07, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joefrog91
She's smoking hot to me too.
What about Lee and Helo?
Old 03-28-07, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
Well going by the explanation that Ted the Bug just posted....it seems it's NOT an Earth song, but a "Galactica" universe song that us earthlings happen to recognize.

That's lame.

What the hell is the point of them hearing a song, then? Shouldn't it have been the fact that they were "channeling Earth" somehow?

If it's not going to be explicitly an Earth song, then why not just make it some made up song that no one has heard before.

This irks me.
I think it had more to do with the general "trigger" then the actual song itself....They needed a common trigger for them to "wake up" and just chose a song (good or bad it will always be up for debate)...This way there was a commonality between them and thus now we know that they are Cylons.

Its going to be a long break and hopefully it will be worth it (I think ti will) Doing the 1 shot I think will be a positive for the show, when we have the mid season breaks I think peopel tend to become disconnected with the show hopefully this will help keep some of the viewers that they may "loose" during the break.
Old 03-29-07, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
What about Lee and Helo?
Meh. Anders is way better looking, IMO.
Old 03-29-07, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I wonder if the reason for the late start of Season 4 has to do with Katie Sackhoff working on The Bionic Woman TV series? Moore did say she was signed on for next season.
Old 03-29-07, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
I think they're starting in January in order to not get their asses kicked by the networks in the fall again.
Old 03-29-07, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I think they're starting in January in order to not get their asses kicked by the networks in the fall again.
That too.
Old 03-29-07, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Ph8te
Its going to be a long break and hopefully it will be worth it (I think ti will) Doing the 1 shot I think will be a positive for the show, when we have the mid season breaks I think peopel tend to become disconnected with the show hopefully this will help keep some of the viewers that they may "loose" during the break.
Hopefully, they'll start showing some reruns of the previous seasons.
Old 03-29-07, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think the long break is going to cost them viewers! By the time it comes on again, it's possible that the masses will forget about BG and will have moved on to other shows.
Old 03-30-07, 11:12 AM

Help! I missed the very, very end of the season finale. Can someone tell me what happened? (use appropriate spoiler cover here if you feel it necessary)

I don't get Sci-Fi channel, so my father (who lives in a different city) tapes the shows for me and then mails the video tapes to me. I just watched the season finale tape he sent, and I think he missed the very, very end of it.

I saw the screen where they list the names of the two producers of the show (which would make you think that it was over...). But then there was a momentary screen that said "Stay tuned for more Battlestar Galactica" and then it went to commercials. But during the commericials, the tape had stopped recording so I never got to see what came next (after the final commercial break). Was it just a "bonus scene" maybe like they had been doing for the few previous weeks? Or was there actually something else that happened after the commercial break? I'm dying to know what I may have missed.

Thanks!

PS: From what I've read here, I take it that when it came back they announced that the next season would begin in 2008? And that there will be some kind of 1-shot deal in the meantime? I missed all of this, so please fill in the details for me. Thanks!

Last edited by moonraker; 03-30-07 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-30-07, 11:29 AM

I don't think you missed anything. I think it was a stupid bonus scene again.
Old 03-30-07, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, there was that incredibly awesome preview of the upcoming season. I'll spoil it for those who don't want to know:
Spoiler:
they cut together scenes from recent episodes and played loud music over it!!!

das
Old 03-30-07, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by moonraker
I don't get Sci-Fi channel, so my father (who lives in a different city) tapes the shows for me and then mails the video tapes to me. I just watched the season finale tape he sent, and I think he missed the very, very end of it.
I have a friend who doesn't get Sci-Fi either. He just buys the episodes for $1.99 the day after they air on iTunes. You can watch them on your PC if you don't mind that and the quality is great.

If you have an iPod, you can get a video-out cable for about $20 and watch them on your TV.

Maybe cheaper and faster than going through US mail.
Old 03-31-07, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Has there ever been a show that has had a wider disparity in the quality of episode within a season than BSG?

I mean, it goes from flat-out great to all-out suck within just a week or two.
There are other shows with this range, but never within the same season.

And as for this finale, I don't watch BSG to see a court-room drama. ugh.
Old 03-31-07, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
I didn't watch Star Trek TNG for courtroom drama either, but would you remove The Drumhead from Trek's canon just because it didn't neccesarily have anything to do with aliens or spaceships?

BSG has had some ups and downs this season, but picking on it for having a trial is just silly. We've been waiting since the miniseries to see Baltar brought to justice. And the way it was done made perfect sense to me.
Old 03-31-07, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think it will end on Earth, but when everyone shows up it will be thousands of years in our past and they'll find out that the 13th tribe devolved into what we know as neanderthals. And thus we all are descended from the population of the fleet.
Old 03-31-07, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by waporvare
I think it will end on Earth, but when everyone shows up it will be thousands of years in our past and they'll find out that the 13th tribe devolved into what we know as neanderthals. And thus we all are descended from the population of the fleet.
I don't think we're going to see anything specific about the condition/level of human society at the end of BSG.
Old 03-31-07, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Originally Posted by slop101
Has there ever been a show that has had a wider disparity in the quality of episode within a season than BSG?

I mean, it goes from flat-out great to all-out suck within just a week or two.
There are other shows with this range, but never within the same season.
Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Almost every season has had at least one brilliant/great episode and a dog or two. (Season three might be the exception, as it was the most consistently strong season.)

Season Two -- Passion, The Becoming Some Assembly Required, Bad Eggs

Season Four: -- Hush, Restless Where the Wild Things Are

Season Five: -- The Body, The Gift Out of My Mind

Season Six: -- Once More With Feeling Doublemeat Palace

Season Seven: -- Selfless, Conversations with Dead People Sleeper, Never Leave Me

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 03-31-07 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-31-07, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, Buffy's one of the worst offenders of this. When it was great, it was the absolute best thing on television; but when it was bad (often just a few episodes apart), it was embarrassing.

While not a chronic offender, I can't help but remember that "Exogenesis" and "Grey 17 is Missing" both occur in Season 3, the latter so bad that its creator immediately expressed his desire to visit the home of every viewer and personally apologize.

das
Old 03-31-07, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 357 Likes on 231 Posts
Farscape had some clunkers in the midst of great seasons too.
Old 03-31-07, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Yeah, you're all correct (and what is it with sci-fi/genre shows that makes them more guilty of this than other shows), all I'm saying is that BSG is the show with biggest gap between great and shit.
Old 04-01-07, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Please. There has not been one episode of BSG yet that was downright bad. The biggest problem with episodes like The Woman King and Hero is that they are predictable, cliched storylines. After two seasons of hard-hitting, well written stories, it's simply disappointing that they feel the need to fall back on these well used plots.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.