Search this Thread

Old 03-21-07, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friday Night Lights 3/21 Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Spoiler:
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes
Today at 08:00 pm NBC All Upcoming Airings
Julie makes it clear to her parents that she does not want to move out of Dillon and away from Matt; Jason gets bad news from the quad-rugby recruiters; Riggins befriends a single mother and her son.

Last 4 episodes of this season begin tonight!

Here are some clips from tonight's show.. MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/scp_v3/...7585&ch=529297
Old 03-21-07, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 03-21-07, 08:46 AM

Welcome back.
Old 03-21-07, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
Spoiler:
Riggins befriends a single mother and her son.
Didn't that already happen?
Old 03-21-07, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
Didn't that already happen?
Spoiler:
he befriended the kid, not the mother.
Old 03-21-07, 11:06 AM

All I can say is, Julie better be grounded.

First she gets caught skipping class. Then she gets thrown in jail for being underage at a strip club. Then she sneaks off to a cabin with Matt Saransen until 2 AM. Finally she gets busted at Tyra's party with strippers and booze.

I tell ya, parents these days need to tighten the screws a little.
Old 03-21-07, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

All I can say is, Matt and Julie better be on spring break at South Padre Island and she better be wearing a bikini.

Glad FNL is back tonight.
Old 03-21-07, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

'Tim Riggins is picking me up from school!'
Old 03-21-07, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Riggins is killing me in this episode!

'in the schoolyard, anything goes. kicks to the groins, eye gouging...'

'i must have misread the situation'

And 'Back to the Future' with a MILF... that's hot.
Old 03-21-07, 08:02 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
"Sergeant Riggins"

The scene at the football field with the 4 of them was great.

Mrs. Coach talking about tag-teaming Tyra
Old 03-21-07, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I got chills when Street was coaching up Saracen. Street at the beginning of the season would have never done something like that.

Riggins is my hero.
Old 03-21-07, 08:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
riggins is the man
Old 03-21-07, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Another outstanding episode. I guess Miss Lyla is thinking the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree in the infidelity department.. she didn't know it, but she was learning from the best... Her father.

I read some MAJOR spoilers today from TvGuide.com:

Spoiler:
Question: Please find out if there is going to be a second season of Friday Night Lights.— Richard Paul

Ausiello: I honestly don't think we have anything to worry about — and, as you know, I'm a big worrier. Having said that, I think it would behoove us all to spread the word that the show returns tonight with the first of four original episodes, culminating in the season finale on April 11. And, wow, what a season finale it's shaping up to be. Before we even get to it, the two things we never in a million years thought would happen happen: (Major spoiler alert) Coach Taylor accepts the coaching gig in Austin, and he and the missus contemplate going their separate ways. Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton sharing less screen-time together? Now that's something worth worrying about
Me: There are 3 more episodes left.. and from I see, there seems to be no trouble in paradise reqarding Mr and Mrs. Coach.. or at least not enough to separate.. Not sure how this is all going to playout. I do think that Street is going to be offered some sort of coaching position after seeing him tonight.
Old 03-21-07, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FYI: A few years ago, Kyle Chandler was in a Chili Cook Off:

http://www.topangamessenger.com/v26n24/news.shtml#N3

Clink on the link to see a picture.

Chili Cook-off Not Just a Hill O'Beans
PHOTO BY KATIE DALSEMER

Chili cook-off winner Tom DuKet, second from right, celebrates with Kyle Chandler, Randy Just and Laura Bateman.

By Susan Chasen

A few days of rain was not enough to take the steam out of Topanga's annual chili contest and swap meet. Postponed by one week, to November 16, this year's tournament of chilis was as heated as ever, with eight entrants--including a few wearing "Danger, Men Cooking" aprons. I just got the hell out.

These people will stop at nothing to be Topanga's top chili-monger. There they were in the Community House, with their little Coleman camp stoves, chopping away at their onions and veggies, and, one suspects, completely determined to psyche each other out. There is surely much to the chili cook-off game that is missed by the uninitiated.

Speaking of the big game, there was Laura Bateman, our chili champion in 2000, with the perfect rustic setup--something more rudimentary than even the Coleman stove--cooking with the only honest meat in the room--elk that her husband Chuck shot for her. How can you beat that?

She won two years ago with antelope chili. But this year, she came in third.

It was Tom DuKet, with his traditional chili-tasting chili, who took the prize this year--a gracious man in victory.

"There were so many good chilis," said DuKet. "I can't believe that I won....It was amazing that there were so many good chilis."

Without giving away too much of his secret recipe, DuKet said he uses ground beef and pork--"something to offend everyone."

According to DuKet, you need the fat.

"It makes a richer tasting chili....That's why I don't eat my chili everyday."

DuKet, 59, is also a frequent winner in his age group of the Tough Topanga 10K race, "when certain people don't show up," he joked. He also is an award-winning winemaker. His wine-sipping while concocting his pot of chili led to the suspicion that wine was responsible for his success in one way or another.

But no, he said, while he did put a little in, he wouldn't advise using too much wine.

"Cooking is balance," said DuKet.

Cooking and winemaking are a lot alike in that way, he said.

For DuKet, the Chili Cook-off is a treasured Topanga event.

"It's a great, great tradition. It's right up there with Topanga Days and other things we want to keep alive." We need to keep people interested in community, he said, "because it's disappearing off the face of the earth."

DuKet loves the competition and the camaraderie. It makes the chili come out better than at home, he said.

"It's always better because you're concentrating," said DuKet. Everything supports the effort, he said, smelling each other's chili, shopping for the perfect ingredients, and the spirit of competition.

"These folks are trying to win," said DuKet.

There are wide variations in the types of chilis people make. This year's one vegetarian entry was a mole, or chocolate, type recipe. When someone asked DuKet why there weren't more vegetarian chilis, he said he answered, "Why aren't you cooking it?"

"We really need that kind of diversity," said DuKet. Elysium Fields, Topanga's long-time clothing-optional retreat that is no more, he said, used to compete with a delicious vegetarian chili.

One word of warning, DuKet said, is don't try to compromise and use turkey.

"You gotta have the bad stuff," he said. "The more expensive the meat, the more you miss chili."

This year DuKet took his $50 prize money and put it toward a cornet he bought at the swap meet for $95.

"Now I've got to learn to play it again."

DuKet has been in the cook-off four or five times, he said, generally alternating with his wife Judy. Both have won before. When she won in 1992, he recalled taking her prize money and buying a drill from Thad Geer. He felt so bad about it that he had a special tile made with a bowl of chili and a spoon to commemorate her win.

Other chili competitors this year were Kyle Chandler, whose chili placed second; Randy Just, Thad Geer, Piper Norwood, Sarah Baisley and Erin Bowling.

There were six pies in the apple pie competition. Doug Kirby took the prize of $25.

Alan Boivin showed up with some friends to play music.

The swap meet was like a miniature Topanga Days with great browsing and many great buys. My favorite item of the day was a funny joke not suitable to print in a family newspaper, that one of the vendors told. He said if my friend and I came around again he would tell us another, but we forgot to. Darn it.

Topanga Elementary School's Tuck Shop, which is also open at the school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. was set up there.

"It was a good turnout considering we had to move it," said Lola Babalon, president of the Topanga Community Club. "It looked like much fun was had by all.

"I sold the things I brought," she said, and bought almost as much again.

Last edited by Septemberbaby; 03-21-07 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-21-07, 11:04 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Riggins is my hero.
No doubt. Every young boy should watch this show and attempt to emulate him. He gets the hot cheerleader AND the hot MILF next door. He drives a cool truck ( ). He looks awesome with his hat on backwards. He seemingly drinks 24/7. Damn.
Old 03-21-07, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
I got chills when Street was coaching up Saracen. Street at the beginning of the season would have never done something like that.

Riggins is my hero.
I got chills during that scene too. It was great, and reminded me of the scene early in the season where Coach picked up Matt at home and took him to the field late at night. The episode on the whole didn't do a ton for me, but that one scene made it all more than worthwhile.

Was anyone else's HD feed really wonky for pretty much the whole episode? Mine was like it was in slow motion, and I had to watch the SD feed

P.S. I bet Lyla kicks ass at bumper cars.
Old 03-22-07, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
P.S. I bet Lyla kicks ass at bumper cars.
That certainly doesn't help the cost of the production budget?

and my HD feed was fine. OTA.
Old 03-22-07, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Riggins has really started to steal the show lately, I'm really liking the storyline with him and the kid. I still don't know if the plan for this show (like a second season - praying we get one) is to follow the coach or the people in the town, so I am actually in the dark about if Coach Taylor will take the job or not. Regardless, another great episode in a show that week after week has been one of the best hours of TV anywhere.
Old 03-22-07, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
I loved Buddy's commercial.
Old 03-22-07, 09:00 AM

Buddy's commercial

In the span of a single football season, Riggins has hooked up with Tyra, Lyla, and the hot next door neighbor

Riggins is lucky that the only person in Dillon that doesn't recognize a star player on the Panthers works at the store where he buys his beer.

Next week looks awesome.
Old 03-22-07, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MadMark
Buddy's commercial

In the span of a single football season, Riggins has hooked up with Tyra, Lyla, and the hot next door neighbor

Riggins is lucky that the only person in Dillon that doesn't recognize a star player on the Panthers works at the store where he buys his beer.

Next week looks awesome.
As I understood it, the store clerk did know who Jason was, just didn't sell to him because he's not on the team anymore and/or he's because he's suing the team/school. I think he just pretended not to know who Sgt. Riggins really was.

Great episode again. Yes Riggins really is the man.
Old 03-22-07, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mdc3000
Riggins has really started to steal the show lately, I'm really liking the storyline with him and the kid. I still don't know if the plan for this show (like a second season - praying we get one) is to follow the coach or the people in the town, so I am actually in the dark about if Coach Taylor will take the job or not. Regardless, another great episode in a show that week after week has been one of the best hours of TV anywhere.
They will probably have the show follow the coach, and his senior players will be playing for him in college. My guess as to how they keep the same characters.
Old 03-22-07, 10:24 AM

yea, riggins stole the show.

i liked when he threatened the bullies "i'll punch a hole in your heart"
Old 03-22-07, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Don't forget to check out the deleted scene at NBC.com.
Old 03-22-07, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 906 Likes on 668 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunatikk
They will probably have the show follow the coach, and his senior players will be playing for him in college. My guess as to how they keep the same characters.
They couldn't really call it Friday Night Lights anymore if they do that though. The whole point of the show is the high school team. Although I would like to see another show based on college football. I miss Coach.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.