Lost -- "the Man From Tallahassee" -- 03.21.2007

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-07, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"the Man From Tallahassee"

Ben offers to give Locke some of the island's secrets if he calls off his destructive plan; Kate discovers that Jack has made a deal with the Others.
Old 03-20-07, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Our local paper (Tallahassee Democrat) had a small thing on it. Mostly that everytime this city is mentioned, it's in a negative light... (and most of the FSU students find it funny and true (Waffle houses and STDs ftw!))
Old 03-20-07, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
So that means one of you Tallahassee-ers were responsible for Locke's accident?
Old 03-20-07, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Haha yup. Locke was crippled by a scientist from the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory down the street from me . I honestly wouldn't doubt that they chose this city based on that facility, considering the shows fixation on magnetic fields.
Old 03-21-07, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can't wait! This episode was written by Jeff Pinkner and Drew Goddard, who seem second in the pecking order behind Damon and Carlton. Drew Goddard co-wrote "Flashes Before Your Eyes", so here's hoping it's another LOST classic.

An interesting thing to note is that the promos for this one haven't really been overblown, and there haven't been any promo pics released ... sounds like Damon and Carton have requested this low-key promotion from ABC. The last time they did this was when they requested that the twist ending for "Two For The Road" be kept from any promotions.
Old 03-21-07, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I don't even know why but I've become very interested again in Lost lately. Ever since it started back up after the break I think I've liked every single episode. And that was after HATING the show from the beginning of season 2 on.
Old 03-21-07, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Let's just say there is rumored to be a MAJOR LOST question answered tonight.

Here are your spoilers:

Spoiler:

Episode 3.13: The Man From Tallahassee (Locke-centric)
Airdate: March 21, 2007

* 03/14 - Michael Emerson reveals: "There’s some role reversal that takes place there. Someone that’s used to being in power is dis-empowered and someone sort of takes charge in an interesting way in that episode." Source: BuddyTV
* 03/11 - Ben tries to talk Locke out of his destructive plan by offering him some island secrets. Meanwhile, Kate's reunion with Jack does not go off as planned when she discovers he has made a deal with the Others. Flashbacks focus on Locke. Richard Alpert: Nestor Carbonell. Source: TV Guide Online
* 03/05 - Guest starring are M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly/Tom, Tania Raymonde as Alex, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau, Kevin Tighe as Anthony Cooper, Patrick J. Adams as Peter Talbot, Barbara Baehler as Mrs. Talbot, Don Nahaku as Detective Reed, Marlene Forte as Detective Mason, Stephen Bishop as William Kincaid, Cleo King as government worker and Brian Goodman as Ryan Pryce. Source: ABC
* 03/03 - Ben offers to give Locke some of the island's secrets if he calls off his destructive plan; Kate discovers that Jack has made a deal with the Others. Source: WCHS
* 02/12 - [Scenes from episode 13 include] Juliet pushing Ben in a wheelchair, and Jack cheerfully lobbing a football to his sworn enemy Mr. Friendly. "Everyone should be wondering what the hell is going on," explains Fox during a break. "Has Jack been converted by the Others? Drugged? Is he pretending? All sorts of scenarios could be happening here." We will find out how Locke ended up in a wheelchair. "I was afraid it'd be anticlimactic," says O'Quinn. "It's not. It's pretty stunning. You're gonna go, 'Man, no wonder this guy wants to stay here!'" Also, the castaways discover that the Others possess a submarine. Source: Entertainment Weekly
* 01/21 - Also, a little casting news just broke regarding Lost's episode 13. Producers are casting the following: two O.C. homicide cops, a "firm" government employee, a twentysomething likable Caucasian guy, a "strong" and "likable" African-American guy. Source: Kristin on E!Online
* 12/20 - Over at TWoP, secretagentman recently spilled that episode 3.13 would feature two homicide detectives from Orange County. Source: SpoilerFix BuddyTV Spoilers Chat
* 12/20 - In the LOST article titled "When Stephen King met the 'Lost' boys..." featured in the December 1 issue, there is a blurb called "'Lost' clues you can use" in which Carlton Cuse says the following: "You heard correctly: The Others do have a submarine." Source: SpoilerFix BuddyTV Spoilers Chat
* 08/25 - Terry O'Quinn revealed that "I've heard that [the why was Locke in a wheelchair explanation is] going to happen this season. I'm not sure when it will happen but I have heard that it will." Source: Kristin on E!Online
* 07/22 - Among the revelations to come: Viewers will learn why Locke was paralyzed. Source: Sci Fi Wire
Old 03-21-07, 08:50 AM

No quotes from last weeks haters??

Trelach24, I don't blame you. Even though people have been dogging Lost pretty badly lately I think it's been better every week since it's return from haitus with the exception of the tattoo episode which I thought was one of the worst episodes of the entire run.
Old 03-21-07, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can't wait for tonight. I've been waiting for locke's story since season 1
Old 03-21-07, 10:10 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by hardercore
An interesting thing to note is that the promos for this one haven't really been overblown, and there haven't been any promo pics released
Nah, there were promo pics in the most recent EW (or was it TV guide, I forget). Anyway, the pics and the article made it very clear which Lost "question" will be answered tonight.
Old 03-21-07, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I see
Spoiler:
Batmanuel
listed among the credits again. Last time we saw him was the
Spoiler:
Juliet
flashback ep.
Old 03-21-07, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by RichC2
Our local paper (Tallahassee Democrat) had a small thing on it. Mostly that everytime this city is mentioned, it's in a negative light... (and most of the FSU students find it funny and true (Waffle houses and STDs ftw!))
I read the article kinda of funny how they interviewed 2 people from the Mag Lab so mabye it has some tie in.

Also the comment about the strip malls is so true it seems they are adding them(and Wal Marts) all over the place recently. I wonder what they will make fun of tonight regarding Tallahassee.
Old 03-21-07, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't wait!

And I'm really don't have an idea about the MAJOR Lost question that is going to be answered tonight. I mean besides why Locke is in wheelchair, but I don't consider that a major question.
Old 03-21-07, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looking forward to this one. I am almost enjoying the return of LOST almost as well as I enjoyed season 1.

Seems that things could be ready to really change loyalties of the survivors and send the stories in a whole other direction.

Glad that I am actually looking forward to this episode. That hasn't happened in a long time.
Old 03-21-07, 01:06 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Old 03-21-07, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs. Groucho
Old 03-21-07, 02:42 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrs. Groucho
Booooo! I say I can't wait each week, and then afterwards I say I enjoyed it. We need to make Lost threads a poll each week: "Can you wait?" Yes or no answer, with public results. Then those that vote Yes can be chastised if they complain about it afterwards.
Old 03-21-07, 02:50 PM

The last 3 episodes have been excellent, but the 2 before that were pretty lame. Good to see its going up and not down (so far.)
Old 03-21-07, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"Stranger In A Strange Land" was pretty lame ... but I don't see how anyone could call the mind-bending "Flashes Before Your Eyes" anything less than at least decent. I thoght it was one of the best episodes of the show's entire run.
Old 03-21-07, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RichC2 (spoilers hidden)
Haha yup. Locke was
Spoiler:
crippled by a scientist from the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory down the street from me . I honestly wouldn't doubt that they chose this city based on that facility, considering the shows fixation on magnetic fields.
Wow, that's some subtle spoilering you've employed there. Other likely verbs: embarrassed, head-butted, goosed, ...
Old 03-21-07, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
So this is the week we finally find out the answer to the great Locke mystery everyone has been asking...

"How did Locke lose his hair?"

(This one is right up there with the great mystery of "Where did Jack get those cool tattoos?")

Old 03-21-07, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Surprised there are no early postings from people that have seen the show. It ended about half hour ago here, and here are some quick spoilers:

Spoiler:
Locke broke his back by falling 8 stories after his father threw him out of a window, because Locke was going to blow one of his cons. Also, Locke blew up the submarine, even though he knew that Jack was just about to leave on it.
Old 03-21-07, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
Wow, that's some subtle spoilering you've employed there. Other likely verbs: embarrassed, head-butted, goosed, ...
The show is one big madlib anyway.
Old 03-21-07, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jack sporting a new tattoo on his forearm?
Old 03-21-07, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I noticed that too... who knows. I can't speak for the overall episode yet, but so far this episode has been very well directed/acted, nice change considering the ups and downs lately.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.