Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Smallville Season 7 the last for Lex....

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville Season 7 the last for Lex....

Old 03-16-07, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Smallville Season 7 the last for Michael Rosenbaum (aka Lex)....

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...r_leaving.html

Michael Rosenbaum says whether the show goes on or not, Season 7 will be his last as Lex Luthor on "Smallville".

Last edited by alfredog1976; 03-16-07 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-16-07, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like it's contract time.

But seriously, 7 years should be enough to send the Smallville gang into the sunset. It's been a pretty good 6th season and now that
Spoiler:
Lana knows Clarks secret
it is time to wrap things up.

Chris
Old 03-16-07, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well if that's the case I see them having some storyline where something happens to Lex via the "reset button". He will forget just about everything that he has ever learned about Clark, leaves Smallville and Metropolis to become 100% evil Lex, return to Metropolis where Clark will be/ should be Superman by then and Clark is fully aware of just how dangerous Lex is and thus begins one of the greatest hero/vilian rivalries.

Cause at this point in this particular Superman universe there is NO way that the current Lex Luthor cannot figure out that Clark is Superman.
Old 03-16-07, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I believe Lana and Chloe have said they wouldn't be back after season 7, Lionel might be leaving after this season, and I doubt Tom Welling wants to stick around for too much longer.

Next season looks to definitely be the last.
Old 03-16-07, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So either the show is going to get a reboot and become 'Superman' or it will finally fade into the sunset...
Old 03-16-07, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't believe he's so willing to pass up future cross-promotion episodes with WWE Superstars.

das
Old 03-17-07, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think Rosenbaum is just pissed that he'll never have hair as good-looking as John Glover's.
Old 03-17-07, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
7 years is a darn good run but I could see the CW trying to stretch the series a bit more - say Clark finally moves to Metropolis and hangs out with Lois.

But no Lex - no sale!
Old 03-19-08, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Apparently also the last for Lana (though may guest star):

Report: Lana, Lex leaving Smallville
By Tim Surette - TV.com
March 5, 2008 at 11:54:00 AM | more stories by this author

Site says Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum may only be on board for Smallville's eighth season as guests.

When Kristin Kreuk began playing Lana Lang on the drama Smallville, she was 18 years old. Now in her prime at 25, the actress is apparently looking to branch out and make the transition to superstardom.
Kreuk's superpower? The ability to melt my heart.

Kreuk's superpower? The ability to melt my heart.

According to the snoops over at TVGuide.com, Kreuk is asking to not be back as a regular for Smallville's recently announced eighth season. The report states that both Kreuk and Michael Rosenbaum (who plays young Lex Luthor on the show) have essentially given notice that when the show goes back into production for what is likely its final season, they don't want to return as stars, but wouldn't mind dropping in for a few episodes.

Both Kreuk and Rosenbaum are two of four actors to be regulars since the show's inception (Allison Mack and Tom Welling being the others), and losing half of the show's core could be seen as a bit of a problem. However, Smallville has plenty of superpower left over thanks to the additions of several recurring Justice League characters such as The Green Arrow (Justin Hartley) and The Black Canary (Alaina Kalanj), as well as new series regular Supergirl (Laura Vandervoort).

As for Kreuk, her star is long overdue for a meteoric rise and it looks as though she's making the transition to feature films. The Canadian actress recently signed on to star as classic video game character Chun-Li in the upcoming Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.

Rosenbaum does not have any announced future projects, but by leaving Smallville, he will finally be able to prove that he does in fact have hair.
http://www.tv.com/story/10963.html

Last edited by alfredog1976; 03-19-08 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-19-08, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by alfredog1976
Apparently also the last for Lana (though will guest star)
Said it before, and I'll say it again. My prayers have been answered!

(But as for "superstardom", what is she smokin'?)
Old 03-19-08, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,959 Likes on 1,433 Posts
I will miss seeing Kristin Kreuk on a weekly basis.....despite all the hate for her character, I still love her. But, being on 1 show for 7 years is a long time and if there is an opportunity for her to transition to feature films and not work 9-10 months a year, then she should take it.

I am curious to see what Rosenbaum actually looks like with hair. His character will definitely be missed.
Old 03-19-08, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 462 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by rfduncan
Said it before, and I'll say it again. My prayers have been answered!
It's too late for my prayers. This whole Smallville run has been some Earth 16 version of Superman's origins. I would rather have Earth One origins. I mean is he ever going to college?
Old 03-19-08, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

pay michael what he wants so we can have a proper send off....

and please put Lana in her final episode in a car full of kryptonite and it explodes
Old 03-19-08, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJariya
I am curious to see what Rosenbaum actually looks like with hair. His character will definitely be missed.
Featured photo here:
http://imdb.com/name/nm0742146/

Also fully coiffed in the "Gun Fever" episode from S1 of Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Old 03-19-08, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
I love this show and all but I am sorry, none of these actors will have any sort of super stardom career after this show. They are going to get stuck in low budget hack B movies, and supporting roles in crappy tv shows. They are going to end up in the same acting world as Sarah Michelle Gellar, Eliza Dushku, 90% of the Firefly cast, and all the other actors from sci-fi shows that have either been canceled or are over with.

Don't get me wrong I love Rosenbaum as Lex, and Kristin Kreuk is amazingly beautiful, but IMO I just don't see them doing anything worthy. I mean look at Rosenbaums movie resume, not really impressive there buddy.

As for Kreuk, her star is long overdue for a meteoric rise and it looks as though she's making the transition to feature films. The Canadian actress recently signed on to star as classic video game character Chun-Li in the upcoming Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.
I mean come on, really? This is a joke right?
Old 03-19-08, 03:39 PM
Banned

If Rosenbaum leaves, the show will be dead in the water in my opinion. The two Luthors are the only good thing about the show, and the only reason I kept watching past the first two seasons.
Old 03-19-08, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Watch The Movie "Urban Legends" you will see him with hair!! I saw Smallville for awhile and then saw Urban Legends and I barely reconized him..

I will miss both Lex and Lana...

I hope they have success with their film.

I will follow most of them on there jorney's. i will watch movies with Michael,Kristin,Tom,and Allison.
Old 03-19-08, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts
Think I agree with all of the sentiments said above. As I said in last weeks' Smallville thread, I think they could have a really solid story next year with fewer episodes, and use the characters wisely. Unfortunately, my magic 8 ball of 7-seasons tells me this is "Highly Unlikely".
Old 03-19-08, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought this was the planned final season of Smallville up until about a month or so ago. This season has been really bad, especially last week's episode... er... gum commercial. While this might not hit an X-Files level of "sticking around way too long", it'll be close.

Oh, and I wish Lana was gone at least 2 seasons ago.
Old 03-19-08, 09:50 PM

thank god, they really need to end the show. the last couple seasons have been horrible. only good parts were the eps w/ justice league/green arrow
Old 03-20-08, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well I'm happy for a S8 if done right. I'd like to think the only reason we're seeing it is because the writer's strike would have prevented a proper ending.
Old 03-20-08, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Superman07
Well I'm happy for a S8 if done right.
After the way they've been writing the last two seasons, the likelihood of that is slim to nil.

Originally Posted by Superman07
I'd like to think the only reason we're seeing it is because the writer's strike would have prevented a proper ending.
That is a cop out at best. This show has needed a decent seasonal arc that made sense for several seasons. Since Jonathan died, we haven't had anything like that. A season long mystery that results in Clark finally leaving Smallville for Metropolis is the best way to end the show.

As for these two actors "agreeing" to guest star, how is that different from now? I mean it seems like Jimmy, Kara and Lois receive full credit billing but have really only been in a handful of episodes each this season:

Aaron Ashmore was only in 5 this season - Fierce, Cure, Lara, Gemini, Hero

Laura Vandervort was only in 8 - Bizarro, Kara, Fierce, Cure, Lara, Blue, Fracture, Hero

Erica Durance has been in 8 as well - Bizarro, Kara, Action, Wrath, Blue, Gemini, Siren, Fracture

Aside from the complete silliness that was lsat week's "Hero", that was the first episode all season that seemed come the closest to having every actor in the opening credits in the episode!!! (No Lionel or Lois)

Last edited by rfduncan; 03-20-08 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-20-08, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i just hope that he learns to fly soon
Old 03-20-08, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

rosenbaum also has fack hair in the movie with steve martin and queen latifah
Old 03-20-08, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm honestly surprised at your distaste of the past two years. For me, they have been large high points for the show. The arc may not be there as much, but I feel that the individual episodes (with a lose arc) has been very strong.

Besides, last time we had a season long mystery I'll point you to S5, which in my opinion was the worst of the entire series to date.

Also, as bad as "Hero" was, let's put it in some perspective - how bad was it next to "Thirst"?...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright İ 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.