Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

American Idol -- Top 12 "Music of Diana Ross..." -- 03/13/07 and 03/14/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which contestant will get the least amount of votes?
Haley Scarnato
20.00%
Gina Glocksen
0%
Jordin Sparks
2.50%
Sanjaya Malakar
31.25%
Brandon Rogers
32.50%
Phil Stacey
6.25%
Stephanie Edwards
3.75%
Chris Sligh
0%
Chris Richardson
2.50%
Other (Lakisha Jones, Melinda Doolittle, Blake Lewis)
1.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

American Idol -- Top 12 "Music of Diana Ross..." -- 03/13/07 and 03/14/07

Old 03-15-07, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by candyrocket786
...and how long have you been watching this show?
Long enought to know that a show with 30+ million viewers a week and is a national phenomenon would NEVER EVER get away with cheating.

Do you really think this hasnt been investigated.

Hell, Ive never even SEEN an unfounded story about the producers cheating. Not even close to it.

But idiots on the internet know the REAL deal...the mainstream media hungry for the biggest scandal in TV history...they missed the story...internet dudes...they are ALL OVER IT.

You dont think that another network who is getting BEATEN in the ratings by IDOL would love to expose this show as a farce?!?!!?!?

Come fucking on...give me ONE shread of proof gathered by ANYONE EVER!!!!
Old 03-15-07, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think TPTB have too much at stake to play with the outcomes of the voting.
Old 03-15-07, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Besides, I think last season is a perfect demonstration that TPTB don't have to get hung up on the winner if there's someone they like better. Taylor seems to have been completely disowned while Chris has been practically crowned the "unofficial" winner.
Old 03-16-07, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,014 Likes on 838 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I also think Melinda is serving up too much humble pie. Lakisha is playing it about right in her display of humility.
Yeah, I'm sick of the "Ohmigosh, you're really saying all those nice things about ME?" look.

Doesn't help that every week Paula asks, "Melinda, can you believe you're REALLY HERE?"

Last edited by davidh777; 03-16-07 at 02:44 AM.
Old 03-16-07, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts
Originally Posted by davidh777
Yeah, I'm sick of the "Ohmigosh, you're really saying all those nice things about ME?" look.

Doesn't help that every week Paula asks, "Melinda, can you believe you're REALLY HERE?"

Paula doesn't even know she's there.
Old 03-16-07, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Paula doesn't even know she's there.
Next week's TV Guide has a nice interview with Paula discussing on her behavior and her relationship with Simon. It's a good read and she debunks some of the rumors said about her.
Old 03-16-07, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The way I see it, none of these contestants are marketable. Melinda's cd tracks of Funny Valentine? And I'm a Woman? not exactly pop marketable. Yes, she is so talented, but that's not a cd I would buy and I think I'm her market. Lakisha's remakes of Gladys Knight and big soul sounds might sell a little better, but not much. Blake to me, is like Taylor, you have to see him to even enjoy him a little bit. Doesnt translate to CD's well. Chris S., Chris R, unremarkable in just the voice department. I guess Stephanie has the voice and the looks, but she has no distinct sound. I guess they could work on Jordin Sparks for the younger audience but she is best suited to Broadway for me. So who does that leave? Gina is a rocker, but I dont think she can carry a CD by herself. Eh, weak group.
Old 03-16-07, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by magiccmom
The way I see it, none of these contestants are marketable. Melinda's cd tracks of Funny Valentine? And I'm a Woman? not exactly pop marketable. Yes, she is so talented, but that's not a cd I would buy and I think I'm her market. Lakisha's remakes of Gladys Knight and big soul sounds might sell a little better, but not much. Blake to me, is like Taylor, you have to see him to even enjoy him a little bit. Doesnt translate to CD's well. Chris S., Chris R, unremarkable in just the voice department. I guess Stephanie has the voice and the looks, but she has no distinct sound. I guess they could work on Jordin Sparks for the younger audience but she is best suited to Broadway for me. So who does that leave? Gina is a rocker, but I dont think she can carry a CD by herself. Eh, weak group.
Hello!? Rude! What about Sanjaya???

Heh heh
Old 03-16-07, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Robertwoj
Next week's TV Guide has a nice interview with Paula discussing on her behavior and her relationship with Simon. It's a good read and she debunks some of the rumors said about her.
She can debunk all she wants. Girlfriend is on something.
Old 03-16-07, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Hello!? Rude! What about Sanjaya???

Heh heh
Oh yeah, sorry, Sanjaya will score big in the excrutiating elevator music business.
Old 03-16-07, 02:31 PM

Talk of this being a weak season had we wondering how far they can go with AI if year after year they produce a weak winner. In other words, is the process of getting to a winner more fun and exciting than actually producing a winner that is highly marketable like a Kelly or Carrie.
Old 03-16-07, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, does Idol have to be so concerned with marketable winners when even the so-called "losers" have hit singles (Kimberley Locke), gold (Pickler) and multi-platinum albums (Aiken, Daughtry), and a Golden Globe and Oscar via Hudson? This show has gotten too pervasive. I'd be happy just to never hear about Idol after the season is over but that's hard to do unless you live in a cave.
Old 03-16-07, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Robertwoj
Next week's TV Guide has a nice interview with Paula ...
The TV Guide channel also has a weekly American Idol TV show, it is interesting at times with interviews of past constestants. Also, Fox Reality channel has a pretty good American Idol show, they'll be doing long interviews (hour long specials?) on each contestant as they are eliminated. The part I saw had Brandon Rogers on it - I really like that guy's personality.

Also they had Jared Cotter, the interesting thing he said was that he is a foot taller than Ryan Seacrest (6'4" vs 5'4"(?)), so when he went out he was able to easily look over Seacrest's head and see that his name wasn't on the card. So he knew right off the bat that he was being eliminated.

The Fox Reality channel is currnently on a free preview on Dish Network, Channel 286.
Old 03-17-07, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by magiccmom
You get blake with a Timberland producing him and you have another Timberlake which is what the show is loking for.
Old 03-18-07, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think Jordan Sparks can be VERY marketable. She has that personality that just makes you like her. She also has one of the top 3 voices in the competition.
Old 03-18-07, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Jordin would have done well if Star Search was still around.
Old 03-18-07, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mytzplyx
I think Jordan Sparks can be VERY marketable. She has that personality that just makes you like her. She also has one of the top 3 voices in the competition.
I also find it funny that when she explained who her father was, she said "The guy that played opposite Jason Sehorn"

the girls knows what real fame is about