Reload this Page >

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 6:00PM - 7:00PM" -- 03/12/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 6:00PM - 7:00PM" -- 03/12/07

Old 03-13-07, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
I was trapped in Connecticut (was supposed to leave from JFK on 9/12) on 9/11 and I was glued to the TV non-stop for practially the next week!

However, the neighbors (on 9/11; not even 2 hours after the towers went down), were mowing their lawn and doing other yardwork. So I can see how someone would play tennis during a nuclear blast. It happens.
definately, it's not like these people are world leaders, they can't control what's going on. Sometimes a little normalcy is comforting
Old 03-13-07, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm not entirely certain if anyone else has mentioned this, but I think the funniest thing for me about this episode was "Send a medic to the basement. I'm Mike Doyle."
Old 03-14-07, 01:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone else think they might kill Jack eventually and have Shroeder take his place? Maybe this is why Sutherland is being phased out this season -- or appears to be being phased out. Each episode his appearance gets smaller.
Old 03-14-07, 04:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by AllHallowsEve
Anyone else think they might kill Jack eventually and have Shroeder take his place? Maybe this is why Sutherland is being phased out this season -- or appears to be being phased out. Each episode his appearance gets smaller.
I don't know.... the child actor stigma is hard to overcome. The producers of NYPD Blue had a hell of a time trying to get the viewers to accept little Ricky Stratton as a sidekick to a cop, so I can't see them having an easy time getting viewers to accept him as a leading man in a more badass role.

I'm guessing that we have about 3 or 4 episodes before they start making it look like he might be involved with the big plot somehow, and then if the fans take well to his character he'll be Jack's sidekick or something next season, and maybe then they'll start thinking about transitioning the show to him.

Last edited by MovieExchange; 03-14-07 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-14-07, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 945 Likes on 667 Posts
Originally Posted by Terps54423
I love the classic "the Russians will sacrifice their consulate and dozens of their own people, on the word of a crazy ex-first lady just because she's a friend" logic.
He did ask the guy to surrender and he didn't and in a tone of voice that implicated himself.

Originally Posted by rfduncan
When did he stop being "Rick"? I thought he'd insisted on dropping "Ricky" when he wanted to be a "serious adult actor".
I had to back it up when I saw the opening credits to make sure I saw that right. I'm positive it was Rick on NYPD: Blue, and pretty sure it was on Scrubs as well.He was the highlight of this overly convoluted mess of an episode.

Gregory Itzen and Jean Smart play off each other great, but the outcome? Come on. I was willing to write off the evil twin brother and evil pops storyline, but after this I am confident in saying that 24 has officially jumped the shark this season. There was absolutely no reason to kill his character. I could see the writers resorting to it if it was a dull episode with no action, but CTU stormed the Russian Embassy by force racking up a body count.

Season 4 is widely considered to be the worst, but so far this season is giving it a run for its money.

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
The writers of 24 are notorious for dropping stories before they're resolved. Chase's baby. Jack's drug addiction. The list goes on and on.
Behrooze is still running around L.A. somewhere. The evil daddy plot won't be over until they bring him back to kill him off.

Originally Posted by philo
"Martha Logan's bungalow..."

The scene with those two playing house was way uncomfortable. Aaron should stick to wearing an earpiece and suit. Holding a bag of groceries is not his thing.
Agreed.
Old 03-14-07, 08:48 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 413 Likes on 258 Posts
Is Jack Fucking Bauer even in this show anymore?!? C'mon!
Old 03-14-07, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I dont like him.

He reminds me of the guy who died after handcuffing jack in one of the past seasons(4?). Except lamer.
Old 03-14-07, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts
Child actor stigmata?

Damn, that's a rough punishment just for being a child actor.
Old 03-14-07, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Child actor stigmata?

Damn, that's a rough punishment just for being a child actor.
Posting when you should be sleeping - it's a bad thing. Fixed.
Old 03-14-07, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by AllHallowsEve
Considering Sutherland is under contract for two more seasons, I doubt there going to kill him off.
Old 03-14-07, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
So... tell me again why everyone is so enamoured with Powers Boothe? That was some major over-acting there, even by 24 standards.
I think that's why I liked him. A bit over-the-top, yes, but for me, much more watchable and entertaining than D.B. Woodside & Rena Sofer's wooden acting and Regina King's hysterics. Ramon Salazar in Season 3 had a similar scenery-chewing style, and I enjoyed it then, as well.

I've given up on watching this show live because nearly all of this season has been complete shit, but I liked the past two episodes quite a bit. It really helped to bring in Logan, Martha & the VP and to back-burner lame subplots like the Bauer extended family and the petty Morris/Chloe/Milo wackiness at CTU. I like Kari Matchett as the VP's aide, too. I can deal with plot retreads like yet ANOTHER embassy storming, just as long as there's something compelling & exciting to hook me in.

Martha killing Logan was lame, though. My longest-standing pet peeve about this show is its insistence of killing off characters instead of just shuffling them offstage when they don't feel like using them any more.
Old 03-14-07, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Apparently, the Russians moved into JAG headquarters?

I doubt we have many other 24 and JAG watchers
Old 03-14-07, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by clappj
Considering Sutherland is under contract for two more seasons, I doubt there going to kill him off.
I always thought they could kill him off, then have future seasons cover the gaps between previous seasons (like the 3 year gap or so between season 2 and 3 or whatever).