Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 6:00PM - 7:00PM" -- 03/12/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 6:00PM - 7:00PM" -- 03/12/07

Old 03-13-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the whole bring em back/kill em off thing is really starting to piss me off.
Old 03-13-07, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by vegasbaby
Watching Aaron & Martha's neighbors playing tennis when Itzin arrived after a nuke was let loose was pretty embarrassing.
I got to thinking about that... she's institutionalized. Sure she's in a bungalow instead of a padded room, but Charles is in a sparwling ranch home instead of an 8x10 cell getting assraped by a big black man. The rich and important get better confinement and treatment. It's possible that the people playing tennis are fellow crazy people that just don't grasp the enormity of what happened.

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Everyone is hating this show this season, but we still watch (looking at the viewer numbers)
I can't speak for everyone, but for me I still watch for two reasons - I am obsessive enough that I have to see how it ends, no matter how bad it gets, and I keep hoping that the writers miraculously turn things around like they did last season after revealing that Logan was behind everything.

OK, three things... the trainwreck factor is part of it also. That's also why I keep watching pro wrestling.
Old 03-13-07, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MovieExchange

I can't speak for everyone, but for me I still watch for two reasons - I am obsessive enough that I have to see how it ends, no matter how bad it gets, and I keep hoping that the writers miraculously turn things around like they did last season after revealing that Logan was behind everything.

OK, three things... the trainwreck factor is part of it also. That's also why I keep watching pro wrestling.
For good or bad, I am in till the end.
Old 03-13-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Robertwoj
However, in my defense the blast happened many weeks ago in real time, so my brain took the scene off.
In your defense, we could have been in an insanse asylum for all we knew in terms of how cut of the tennis players were.

The episode was boring in retrospect. I went to the bathroom at one point during live broadcast (a scene involing the VP, Tom and foreign national) and couldn't help NOT worring about missing crucial dialogue. Of course the best dialogue seems to have been omitted in terms of Martha Logan's scenes! :-(
Old 03-13-07, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think my favorite part was Aaron going to buy fruit for his crazy ex-First Lady girlfriend during the nuclear fallout too.

Of course, the citizens of 24-Universe LA should be above panicking by now. It's like living in Gaza. And if a President or ex-President ever comes to town, it's time to hop on the first train to Jericho and get the hell out of there.

das
Old 03-13-07, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy

Where's Jack Almeida when you need him, or Michelle, or Curtis for that matter.
Jack had to kill Curtis a few episodes ago when he was going to payback Habib, and for Tony and Michelle:

Spoiler:
They were killed last season.
Old 03-13-07, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I didn't think this episode was that bad. The Logans(along with Aaron) kept it interesting. That is one messed up couple.

It is troubling though that the two top-billed actors on the show, Keifer and Mary Lynn, are barely around lately. Again, if the supporting cast was worth a crap, it wouldn't be such a problem.

Are we to assume the whole Bauer family drama is over? His dad hasn't been seen for hours. I'm not saying I was enjoying that storyline all that much, but there has to be some sort of resolution.
Old 03-13-07, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by n.phelge
Jack had to kill Curtis a few episodes ago when he was going to payback Habib, and for Tony and Michelle:

Spoiler:
They were killed last season.

I know, I just wish they were back the show could use them...
Old 03-13-07, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 113 Posts
[chloe]I'm feeling ambivalent right now.[/chloe]

Chloe still gets the best lines!

I'm really enjoying the ride this season. The plot lines on 24 have always been over-the-top with absurdities and this year they've not only gone over-the-top, but they've built a new top and went over that one as well. It works if you don't take the show too seriously.
Old 03-13-07, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Doughboy
Are we to assume the whole Bauer family drama is over? His dad hasn't been seen for hours. I'm not saying I was enjoying that storyline all that much, but there has to be some sort of resolution.
Resolution? In the 24 universe?

The writers of 24 are notorious for dropping stories before they're resolved. Chase's baby. Jack's drug addiction. The list goes on and on.

Last edited by MovieExchange; 03-13-07 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-13-07, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
Where's Jack Almeida when you need him, or Michelle, or Curtis for that matter.
Yeah! Where, and who, is Jack Almeida for that matter!?

And let's resurrect Curtis and Michelle as foreign-terrorist ass-kicking American zombies!

Do you write for the show?

Last edited by Fanboy; 03-13-07 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-13-07, 12:46 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Fanboy
Yeah! Where and who is Jack Almeida for that matter!?
Everybody else has family members coming out of the woodwork this season, why not Tony? In the last episode Jack Almeida can be revealed to be the villain, and the whole think can be concluded with a huge Jack-off.
Old 03-13-07, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 345 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by lunasoleil
I lurve me some Martha and Aaron. They need to spin off into their own series.
They've already had one.
Old 03-13-07, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If that Josh kid doesn't turn out to be the lab result of some genetic merging between Jack and Ricky Schroder, I'm going to be very disappointed.

das
Old 03-13-07, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,896 Likes on 2,782 Posts
I thought it was a fun episode. Considering it was one of Joel Surnow's better written episodes this season and Jon Cassar directed it, I will give it a thumbs up. Bringing back Jean Smart as a whack job was quite surprising. I do think she has great onscreen chemistry with Greg Itzin, which were some of the more interesting scenes of the episode.

Some people have mentioned that Doyle (Ricky Schroder) brought nothing to the show. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt since he was just introduced and see where his character goes in the next few episodes.

The thing that bugs me when a TV show especially 24 has foreign characters is only part of the dialogue is in their language and the rest of it is in english. It's been very inconsistent with this show with all the foreign characters. It would have been much more realistic if Suborov's dialogue with Markov was in Russian with subtitles. I guess that's what you get when you cast American actors doing bad accents.
Old 03-13-07, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Meglos
I see that Kiefer Sutherland guest-starred in this episode...
LOL, best post all morning...

I agree with most of the sentiments here. I'm waning. Long time fan of 24, there's simply no "surprising" me anymore...

STILL WATCHING EVERY MONDAY THOUGH
Old 03-13-07, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This was easily the worst episode of the season, which might put it in the running for worst episode of 24 ever... so. damn. boring.
Old 03-13-07, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by mdc3000
This was easily the worst episode of the season, which might put it in the running for worst episode of 24 ever... so. damn. boring.
I don't think any episode which doesn't co-star a cougar can take that award.
Old 03-13-07, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Fanboy
Yeah! Where, and who, is Jack Almeida for that matter!?

And let's resurrect Curtis and Michelle as foreign-terrorist ass-kicking American zombies!

Do you write for the show?
Just Pining for an old reliable character, I don't mean to say to bring him back from the dead.

But that could be a good idea for next season!
Old 03-13-07, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
In your defense, we could have been in an insanse asylum for all we knew in terms of how cut off the tennis players were.
But wouldn't there be a caretaker or someone resposible to move the patients to safety? While the inmates couldn't be expected to take care of themselves, someone of authority should be!

Hey, they could do a plot line similar to the current Walter Reed Hospital fiasco and have someone lose their job over the inmates playing tennis during a nuclear alert.
Old 03-13-07, 02:59 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

But wouldn't there be a caretaker or someone resposible to move the patients to safety? While the inmates couldn't be expected to take care of themselves, someone of authority should be!

Hey, they could do a plot line similar to the current Walter Reed Hospital fiasco and have someone lose their job over the inmates playing tennis during a nuclear alert.
I think a lot of you are looking at things too analytically.

I believe all these scenes (including Ricky without any protective gear) are just sloppyness ...
Old 03-13-07, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 120 Likes on 86 Posts
"Martha Logan's bungalow..."

The scene with those two playing house was way uncomfortable. Aaron should stick to wearing an earpiece and suit. Holding a bag of groceries is not his thing.
Old 03-13-07, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by vegasbaby
I think a lot of you are looking at things too analytically.

I believe all these scenes (including Ricky without any protective gear) are just sloppyness ...
Of course we are. And of course it's sloppiness on the part of the writing staff. We're having fun. Sorry for injecting a bit of humor in this thread.

I'll try to keep it more serious next time....
Old 03-13-07, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MovieExchange

I watch it for the same reason. I need to see how it ends.
Old 03-13-07, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I, on the other hand, watched the scene and THOUGHT NOTHING OF IT at the time. Only after reading your post did I realize how ludicrous that would be. When 9/11 happened, I remember being glued to the TV non-stop for practically the whole day. I would NEVER think to go play tennis or do anything else during that crisis. If I were in the 24 universe, I would be glued to the TV after a nuclear detonation in the US to find out what's going on.
I was trapped in Connecticut (was supposed to leave from JFK on 9/12) on 9/11 and I was glued to the TV non-stop for practially the next week!

However, the neighbors (on 9/11; not even 2 hours after the towers went down), were mowing their lawn and doing other yardwork. So I can see how someone would play tennis during a nuclear blast. It happens.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.