TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

One tree hill- "Prom Night at Hater High" 2/21/07

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-07, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 421 Likes on 305 Posts
One tree hill- "Prom Night at Hater High" 2/21/07

Spoiler:
It's Prom day, and emotions are flying high at Tree Hill. An emotional Haley confronts Nathan about the sex tape and asks for a list of all his past sexual encounters. Meanwhile, an angry Peyton asks Lucas to skip the dance altogether, but he refuses to take no for an answer. Finally, Brooke and Peyton let out all their tension in a confrontation that can tore them apart forever.

Well I am hoping for a another good episode. after this we won't get any new episodes until March 21st as stated on tv.com.
Old 02-21-07, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's kinda pathetic how excited I am for this episode...
Old 02-21-07, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This should be a good one. Enough with the afterschool specials. Bring on the infidelity and catfights.
Old 02-21-07, 01:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Doughboy
This should be a good one. Enough with the afterschool specials. Bring on the infidelity and catfights.
Word.
Old 02-21-07, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Doughboy
Hey I thought that was a good episode, but yes catfights and infidelity are fun.
Old 02-21-07, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts
Please don't tell me that Rachel is leaving OTH.

at Nathan telling his mom to clean up the liquor from the party.

Great catfight. Boney Peyton did a lot better than I thought she would.

at that ending. That storyline just flat out sucks.
Old 02-21-07, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Peyton was over-the-top in her "hurt" by video. Deep down, Peyton knows the skank potential of Brooke's. Peyton's reaction was really badly written.

I'll miss Rach.

The last cliffhanger wasn't needed.

Ken Marino should be playing Nathan's dad, skanky Nathan looks just like him when Marino is on Veronica Mars.
Old 02-21-07, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was pretty damn cool seeing BRooke walk up to Mouth on the basketball court to ask him to Prom. The cliffhanger at the end, it just sucks we have to wait a month to see what happens. Hopefully psycho Derick will be gone for good after these next few shows are done.
Old 02-21-07, 11:59 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
A MONTH? C'mon!
Old 02-22-07, 12:00 AM

I love that Mouth and Brooke went to prom together - that is amazing!

I really hope Rachel doesn't leave the show either, I've grown to like her character too much.

The cliffhanger WAS NOT NEEDED, that storyline was not needed to come back - bad, bad, bad... although its better than I was expecting (I initially thought that Peyton was going to to open the door to a police officer).

Finally, I wish that their had been more promy scenes...
Old 02-22-07, 12:28 AM

I noticed that Nathan's dad directed this episode. Does anyone know how many episodes he's directed?
Old 02-22-07, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by critterdvd

Finally, I wish that their had been more promy scenes...
This will all happen in the next episode.

I noticed that Nathan's dad directed this episode. Does anyone know how many episodes he's directed?
Paul Johanson has directed several episodes, I am not sure how many but he did a commentary for one of them on the season two dvd set.
Old 02-22-07, 05:14 AM

Good episode. Hated that ending, the only good thing I see coming from it is more hilarious face shots of terror from Hilarie Burton. If this gets a fifth season who's to say that Rachel won't be in it? Based on the plan for it to be set five years in the future she could possibly come back. Does anyone know anything on Danneel Harris' contract?
Old 02-22-07, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It was an OK episode. A little too mushy at times. The whole Dad and Mom going to prom was idiotic. Considering the history, they should never ever be together.

Best part was hearing The Shins, "Phantom Limb". Great song from a great CD.

Last edited by Ayre; 02-22-07 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-22-07, 08:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Lots of Drama this episode...that just cracks me up.

Well I hope Rachel isn't permanently gone. I love the smartass comments she's been giving lately. It doesn't hurt that she's hot as hell.

at Nathan telling his mom to clean up the liquor from the party. "Whatever Mom, just clean it up".

Aww the catfight. The only thing missing was them kissing and making out...I mean up.

Nice surprise at the end with E-vil Derrick. Hopefully Peyton will kick a little ass.
Old 02-22-07, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts
Originally Posted by boogieman03

Aww the catfight. The only thing missing was them kissing and making out...I mean up.

Speaking of making out, I was so hoping that Brooke and Rachel would have a nice goodbye kiss. Sigh. I guess I've watching too much Las Vegas lately.

Again, I'm going to be really pissed if Rachel is gone for good.
Old 02-22-07, 04:17 PM

3.15 Million Viewers... Most Watched Episode of 2007, and # 2 in several demographics - this is why I'm rather confident season 5 will happen.
Old 02-22-07, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw that as well, if they can keep the numbers up for the rest of the season, season five should happen. I still blame American Idol for the ratings slump at the beginning of 2007.
Old 02-23-07, 12:19 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by gatoinfeliz
Good episode. Hated that ending, the only good thing I see coming from it is more hilarious face shots of terror from Hilarie Burton. If this gets a fifth season who's to say that Rachel won't be in it? Based on the plan for it to be set five years in the future she could possibly come back. Does anyone know anything on Danneel Harris' contract?
5 years in the future? I am missing something....when was this announced?
Old 02-23-07, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
5 years in the future? I am missing something....when was this announced?
It hasn't formally been announced but it's an idea Mark Schwahn has. He said he doesn't want to set the new season in college because it would be too unrealistic having them all near each other. Instead he wants to skip the college phase and go from there.
Old 02-23-07, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by gatoinfeliz
It hasn't formally been announced but it's an idea Mark Schwahn has. He said he doesn't want to set the new season in college because it would be too unrealistic having them all near each other. Instead he wants to skip the college phase and go from there.
Hey it worked for the finale of The O.C.

As for this episode, it was a major letdown for me. Why do they insist on always wrapping things up as nicely as possible at the end of each episode? Let people stay pissed at each other for at least a little while.

I hope we haven't seen the last of Rachel and Clean Teen chick(although that storyline can stay buried for all I care). They're both too hot to let go.

And did we really need fake Derek's return? Didn't Peyton say the cops caught him? I guess they mistakenly picked up another half-brother of hers. I did like all the first person punches thrown in this episode though.