Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "Stranger In A Strange Land" -- 02.21.2007

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-07, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brizz
well that didn't answer jack shit. what jack's tatoos say hasn't exactly been a burning curiosity. this show is pissing me off.
Same here. I enjoy this show, but this episode made me angry. About halfway through I just knew it was going to be a bit of a disappointment.

Curious to hear what other people think.

When did that flashback happen? Right after the divorce?

Last edited by BlackCapTen; 02-21-07 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-21-07, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

tonight's ep was strange.... what was up with Sawyer and Kate drama? It seemed very forced.

And what was up with "marking" Juliette? So all the "others" will know she's bad? I just don't get it. I was perplexed this whole episode.

And the stewardess is an other too? I'm lost.

Last edited by suziq999; 02-21-07 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-21-07, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was the first boring episode of the season for me. What was with that flashback???
Old 02-21-07, 10:06 PM

This episode answered absolutely d*ck. It's time to drop the show like a hot rock.
Old 02-21-07, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This episode answered absolutely d*ck. It's time to drop the show like a hot rock.
I agree that this episode didn't answer crap. Big deal, we know how jack got his tattoos. Why the hell did those guys beat him up?
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
I didn't expect answers, I just wanted a good episode, it didn't deliver.
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
bai ling is hot. the 3 questions that were supposed to be answered didnt help any. the others took the kids to give them a better life, but why?
jacks tattoos mean he walks among us but isnt one of us....so when he was getting tattoed was he supposed to think she was actually tattoing that he was a great man and leader on his arm or what? and what was the third question that was supposed to be answered? what happened to the stewardess? I forgot all about her after the first episode. who cares?
Old 02-21-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So, is Juliet still playing Jack? Was the trial/judgment a sham or for real? I'm leaning towards sham, to get Jack into Juliet's confidence.

Sawyer and Kate was sort of weird, maybe a little dumbed down in terms of how they related to one another.
Old 02-21-07, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
At least we know that the kids are ok. Also, I think the tattoo plays significance in aspect of religion and relation to what people on the outside world believe as to what these people believe or are made to believe. The Others are seeming more and more like a cult as the weeks go on. I think what Cindy meant by "we came to watch" was referring to the "trial" of Juliette and nothing related to what they were going to do to Jack.

Last edited by dsa_shea; 02-21-07 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-21-07, 10:12 PM

so-so episode Bai Ling looked super hot!. Not any answers though. Next weeks looks really good though (like seeing that hand in the dogs hand, reminded me of the slave ship) . Cant wait to get away from the others alittle. I wished they revealed alittle more then Jacks tattoo, i dont think anyone was really wondering about that.

I still love this show, i don't know why people have all these problems with this show, still alot of fun to watch. I can see getting upset not getting anwsers but this is still one of the funniest and most enjoyable shows to watch. I just dont know why people would drop this show or want it canceled. Its still an excellent show. They just need to get away from the others.

Originally Posted by JZ1276
and what was the third question that was supposed to be answered? what happened to the stewardess? I forgot all about her after the first episode. who cares?
well she was in that episode with the tailies when she just disappeared while they were walking to find the other camp
Banned

Originally Posted by brizz
well that didn't answer jack shit. what jack's tatoos say hasn't exactly been a burning curiosity. this show is pissing me off.
I concur. Wasn't this episode supposed to give away three major secrets? Since when were Jack's tattoos, and where the children went "major secrets"...? Stupid. I can't believe they're dragging this show on still.

First Season: This show kicks ass!
Second Season: Decent, still one of my favorite shows.
Third Season: Wtf is going on? Why am I still watching this?

If Jack's tattoos were one of the major secrets exposed today, I have lost all intrest, and hope in the show. Sadly, I can see this show lasting another 5 seasons now. In season 7 a complete mind blower is going to happen when they tell the world find out that Kate has her belly button pierced!!

*sigh*

[/end rant]
Old 02-21-07, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Lost ads
The answers to three of Lost's biggest questions will be revealed
Huh? What exactly was answered in this episode other than how Jack got his freakin' tattoo? Who even cares about that? Even if the other "answer" was the stewardess' "We're here to watch," that would still be only two answers. I enjoyed the episode, but what a blatant lie that ad was. This episode didn't answer Jack, except for the origin of his uninteresting tattoos.

Edit: I see that the children issue is the other "answer." I doubt that anyone would consider that reveal a "big" one.
Old 02-21-07, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by king slug
I concur. Wasn't this episode supposed to give away three major secrets? Since when were Jack's tattoos, and where the children went "major secrets"...? Stupid. I can't believe they're dragging this show on still.

First Season: This show kicks ass!
Second Season: Decent, still one of my favorite shows.
Third Season: Wtf is going on? Why am I still watching this?

If Jack's tattoos were one of the major secrets exposed today, I have lost all intrest, and hope in the show. Sadly, I can see this show lasting another 5 seasons now. In season 7 a complete mind blower is going to happen when they tell the world find out that Kate has her belly button pierced!!

*sigh*

[/end rant]

last week everyone is saying how great the episode was, one of the best episodes ever, then you get a so-so episode and you get post like this. This show is still alot of fun and enjoyable and still a excellent show. its not that horrible. I think the shows ad's was misleading though
Old 02-21-07, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
We would be lucky if all fortune tellers dressed like Bai Ling in Phuket.
Old 02-21-07, 10:17 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
another gripe I have with this show dont get me wrong, still the best show on TV right now IMO, until Sopranos starts up again)....none of the Losties EVER bother to ask the others WTF is going on with Dharma, the hatches, the smoke monster, etc. Another good question is how the Others are able to make their voices (whispers)heard all around the jungle whenever they were planning an attack.
Old 02-21-07, 10:18 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
So, is Juliet still playing Jack? Was the trial/judgment a sham or for real? I'm leaning towards sham, to get Jack into Juliet's confidence.
I think she's still playing him. The whole trial was a setup. I don't believe a single word any of the Others say, which actually gets kind of annoying at times, because you never really know if the info they're giving out is real or just BS in the show.
Old 02-21-07, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I'd guess the signficance of the tattoo is that Bai Ling's character told him he was a leader but angry, yet he was marked with, "he walks among us but is not one of us."

That would explain the beat down and banning he got, as well as Jack stating, "that is what it says but it's not what it means."

I also think it is a clue storywise that Jack is being tricked by another woman again but I digress ....
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Definitely a so-so episode. Some interesting character stuff going on, but some shoddy dialogue kind of ruined it.

Oh well, next weeks looks to get things back on track.

I'm getting frustrated with Lost myself. It's been a fun show, but this season just seems like they are grasping at straws for ideas; and not moving the plot forward.

I was speaking with a friend and she too feels bleh about Lost these days, its almost becoming a chore as the episodes just don't have the pop they did in S1 and to a certain degree in S2. Last week's ep was great I too will agree, but I've almost forgotten about the other people (Like Rose and Bernard if they are still even on the show)Here's hoping Lost is like 24 and picks up in the second half!
Old 02-21-07, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love this show, by far the best show on Tv for me. I just thought this episode sucked fat monkey parts.
Old 02-21-07, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle

Oh well, next weeks looks to get things back on track.
It's a Hurley-centric episode. Should be awesome. I swear I saw him driving an old school Volts on the island in the preview!
Old 02-21-07, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by maingon
last week everyone is saying how great the episode was, one of the best episodes ever, then you get a so-so episode and you get post like this. This show is still alot of fun and enjoyable and still a excellent show. its not that horrible. I think the shows ad's was misleading though
The ad was misleading, and on the last Official Lost podcast the writers say that they were kinda pissed at the ABC marketing department for saying that there would be 3 major mysteries revealed, because they knew that the mysteries were minor at best. The writers do NOT deserve the ire of the fans for that because they had nothing to do with what the ads promised.

Because I knew all that going into the episode, I was not disappointed. I think that Juliet is still playing Jack, and I'm still wondering where the rest of Jack's tats came from. We only saw the chinese lettering on his bicep after Bai Ling gave him the tattoo, so I'm wondering where the design work came from and who did it. Should be a good episode next week when we finally get back to the beach and the rest of the survivors.
Old 02-21-07, 10:33 PM

Received 806 Likes on 524 Posts
I liked the ep. But I enjoy being "Lost."
Old 02-21-07, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No one mentioned it, but i thought it was obvious that "he walks among us but is not one of us" had implications to Jack being with the "others," he is with them, but not one of them, Im trying to make sense of it in those terms, and how that makes him "a leader / angry / frightened" or whatever else Bai ling said...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.