Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race All Stars -- Season Premiere -- 02/18/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will be eliminated first?
David & Mary
46.88%
Dustin & Kandice
6.25%
Uchenna & Joyce
0%
Charla & Mirna
18.75%
Joe & Bill
0%
Rob & Amber
6.25%
Kevin & Drew
3.13%
Eric & Danielle
0%
Oswald & Danny
6.25%
Other (John Vito & Jill, Teri & Ian)
12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race All Stars -- Season Premiere -- 02/18/07

Old 02-19-07, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Achtung
I definitely dislike Romber, but I'll never deny that they are great racers. I just get sick of Rob's trash-talking and smug attitude, even if he's got the ability to back it up. I guess I don't care for the whole "reality celebrities" thing. But anyways...

Decent opening, although its a shame so many teams got lost so easily. By this point they should know that the right way to find a place is to follow a taxi driver. Also I didn't watch the season with Kevin and Drew, but man, I fail to see anything "All-Star" in those two.
Kevin was actually a very effective planner/traveler in season 1. There is a reason why they finished fourth. They also were a big factor in "Momily" finishing fifth.
Old 02-19-07, 11:37 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why blame CBS for TAR starting late on the east coast? Blame Phil. He pulled another Mickelson. Seeing all the roving HD cameras on the golf yesterday got me wondering why they don't do that for Survivor and TAR.

It's kind of nice already knowing the teams so you don't have to spend the first few episodes trying to figure out who everyone is. It looked like an easy leg, but obviously the driving was more difficult than it may have looked. Even the teams on the right dirt road at the end were wondering if they were lost.

Someone else's description of JV&J as nondescript seems pretty accurate. They seem like nice people, but don't make great TV. Kevin & Drew had the best line of the night, but it was pretty worn out from all the commercials by the time it was shown in the episode. Lines like that ("Peru is nice." "I'm sure Peru is nice, we're in Ecuador.") are exactly why they were cast. I'm rooting for them to win this time, but after last night I don't think they're going to last very long. They look to be physically much slower than in TAR 1.

How deluded was David and his "This is the best of the best racing" comment? I just look at the "All Stars" designation as teams that have good entertainment value for the most part.

Glad to have TAR back.
Old 02-19-07, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 196 Likes on 158 Posts
I, for one, love Rob & Amber. Forget that they're probably one of the few mentally-stable teams (people) ever to do a reality show, they're just smart players. And since TAR doesn't depend on people voting you off, they should be in this thing for the long-haul (I'm guessing a top-3 finish, if not the winners).
Old 02-19-07, 11:42 AM

Here's an interview with Zach and Flo (season 3 winners). They wanted Flo back, but they wanted her to run it with Drew (of the Wonder Twins). She said she would only do it with Zach:

http://tarflies.com/downloads/Zach11_00.mp3
Old 02-19-07, 12:24 PM

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Achtung
Also I didn't watch the season with Kevin and Drew, but man, I fail to see anything "All-Star" in those two.
I invite you to watch Season 1. You'd see why they were selected.

To date, they are the only team who has appeared on three seasons of the show. (They gave out a clue on one of the legs in the Family Edition).
Old 02-19-07, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sharbhund
Here's an interview with Zach and Flo (season 3 winners). They wanted Flo back, but they wanted her to run it with Drew (of the Wonder Twins). She said she would only do it with Zach:

http://tarflies.com/downloads/Zach11_00.mp3
Interesting to hear, but I'm sorry...Flo did not win the Amazing Race. Zach won the Amazing Race with a ball and chain around his ankle.
Old 02-19-07, 12:59 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
I would have loved Flo back!
Old 02-19-07, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
I would have loved Flo back!
And that interview more than anything tells how this is not "All-Stars". Flo and Zach won the race, and Flo was probably the biggest trainwreck TV they've ever had. They don't invite them back? I just assumed that they didn't want to do it.
Old 02-19-07, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and I'm already tired of hearing "where's Rob and Amber?" or "there's Rob and Amber!!". who gives a damn, just run the race.
Old 02-19-07, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I forgot the specific detail, but it made me laugh when someone made the comment to Rob and Amber about having their own cable channel.
Old 02-19-07, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, Romber did have that short 5-week show on Fox Reality TV channel that aired these past 5 weeks (two 30 minute episode per week), and it ended with them getting the call to be on the Amazing Race All-Star edition.

Yes, I'm a little ashamed to admit to knowing that tidbit...

Last edited by Patman; 02-19-07 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-19-07, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 326 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by Nabalab
I forgot the specific detail, but it made me laugh when someone made the comment to Rob and Amber about having their own cable channel.

That was a funny line.
Old 02-19-07, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 262 Likes on 201 Posts
The funniest line of the night for me was when Drew said how beautiful Perú was and Kevin correct him by saying that "I'm sure Peru is beautiful but we are in Ecuador."
Old 02-19-07, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 492 Likes on 341 Posts
at Charla outrunning Drew.

Pretty good start, but the inclusion of Rob and Amber is almost enough to make me not watch this season. This will be my fourth time watching a show with them and ENOUGH ALREADY! I won't impeach their skills/abilities, but it's just the overall attitude. Can't stand it. But I am smart enough to realize that I'll probably be having to put up with them for many more weeks if I continue watching this season of Amazing Race.
Old 02-19-07, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LorenzoL
The funniest line of the night for me was when Drew said how beautiful Perú was and Kevin correct him by saying that "I'm sure Peru is beautiful but we are in Ecuador."
Yeah that one made me laugh
Old 02-19-07, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I love Rob and Amber's attitude. They don't pull any punches and they are in it to win it. Don't see any different from any once else's except that they can back it up. If I remember correctly, they actually should have won their season except that the plane actually waited and let on Uchenna & Joyce when it was already closed and ready for take off. And the challenge where Rob convinced everyone not to do the challenge of eating some disgusting thing because he chose not to do it, and put everyone else having to wait the 3 hour penalty with him was brilliant. I actually think they come in with strategies and have something up their sleeve. I cant wait to see it, and I am pulling for them!
Old 02-19-07, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by magiccmom
If I remember correctly, they actually should have won their season except that the plane actually waited and let on Uchenna & Joyce when it was already closed and ready for take off. And the challenge where Rob convinced everyone not to do the challenge of eating some disgusting thing because he chose not to do it, and put everyone else having to wait the 3 hour penalty with him was brilliant.
That WAS brilliant!

I too like Romber, but just wish every other team would stop bitching 'bout them.
Old 02-19-07, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

yea that and when team "Kentucky" said meeting Rob & Amber was like they already won.
I hope Uchenna & Joyce or team "Kentucky" win. i can't stand "the blondes" this isn't AR all-stars, if it was all-stars it would be all the winners from past races trying to win another mill, like U & J.

Pretty good start, but the inclusion of Rob and Amber is almost enough to make me not watch this season. This will be my fourth time watching a show with them and ENOUGH ALREADY! I won't impeach their skills/abilities, but it's just the overall attitude. Can't stand it. But I am smart enough to realize that I'll probably be having to put up with them for many more weeks if I continue watching this season of Amazing Race.
no kidding. survivor, AR, there stupid tv Wedding & AR AS. i didn't count there own reality show cause i never saw it or have any desire to.
Old 02-19-07, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I think people should immediately stop from getting hung up on the "all-stars" moniker. You may never enjoy the season if you don't. It clearly isn't a race of all-stars, otherwise they would simply invite the past winners and 1 or 2 of the best runners-up. Same thing applied when Survivor did it and that was still a very enjoyable season.

They needed a label for it, and all-stars sounds better than 'retreads' or 'former losers' (except for U&J). Accept it and move on.
Preach on brother! I totally agree with you. I am going to enjoy the heck out of this season, just like I did with All Star Survivor and Big Brother All-Star, even though they also didn't include all of the previous winners in their All Star lineups. I don't think the producers could come up with a cast of teams that would please everyone, and although some of the teams that I was hoping for to be in it are not here, I am pretty much pleased with what they came up with, even the choice of Mirna and Schmirna, which I know just kills a lot of you. I was disappointed though that their arch nemesis Colin was unable to race due to Christie pregnancy
Old 02-20-07, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I thought it was hilarious when Mirna and Charla were driving around lost and then Team Kentucky came up behind them. At that point M and C were all happy and Charla says something like "Well, if it gets down to it, we'll beat them in a foot race." and Mirna gives this look like "Yah, right!". And then they actually DO beat them to the mat!

Great start, but I am kind of sick of the two baldies. I loved them in the first season but in this one, ugh.
Old 02-20-07, 11:09 AM

Two questions:

1. What was the shirt that Team Kentucky wearing with the sign MISSING?
2. When they started in Miami, what model car where they driving to the airport? Is that a minivan or a SUV?
Old 02-20-07, 11:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Winky
Two questions:

1. What was the shirt that Team Kentucky wearing with the sign MISSING?
2. When they started in Miami, what model car where they driving to the airport? Is that a minivan or a SUV?
On the first - "Missing: The Cho Brothers" iirc, pretty funny!
Old 02-20-07, 12:18 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Mercedes R-Class was the car.

It's a minivan, but I'm pretty sure mercedes don't want you calling it a mini-van.
They classify it on the mbusa webpage as an suv oddly enough

http://www.mbusa.com/models/class-ov...e=r_class_main
Old 02-20-07, 02:47 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope Charla & Mirna win it, they're pretty funny. Rob and Amber, what a waste of time having them on the show
Old 02-20-07, 03:36 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Its amusing how all the other teams are focused on Romber.

I think teri and ian will do well, they were quite good in there season.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.