DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM" 2 Hrs -- 02/12/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/492278-twenty-four-24-day-6-1-00-pm-3-00-pm-2-hrs-02-12-07-a.html)

LorenzoL 02-12-07 04:55 AM

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM" 2 Hrs -- 02/12/07

"Day 6: 1:00PM - 2:00PM/2:00PM - 3:00PM"
Spoiler:
The nation continues to deal with the aftermath of the terrorist attacks; Reed Pollock and Vice President Noah Daniels (Powers Boothe) find themselves increasingly involved; Gredenko and Fayed maneuver the threat.

Originally Aired: February 12, 2007

Doughboy 02-12-07 08:23 AM

Hopefully the show gets back into the groove it was in during the first 4 hours.

dadaluholla 02-12-07 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
Hopefully the show gets back into the groove it was in during the first 4 hours.

I was just about to say the same thing. I think a good way to get back on track would be to kill off the Pres, along with his cabinet, and all related staff members. Everytime DB Woodside shows up on screen, the show comes to a grinding halt.

Doughboy 02-12-07 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I was just about to say the same thing. I think a good way to get back on track would be to kill off the Pres, along with his cabinet, and all related staff members. Everytime DB Woodside shows up on screen, the show comes to a grinding halt.

That would leave Powers Boothe as the Prez. Now there's a scary thought.

Shannon Nutt 02-12-07 12:32 PM

That would leave Powers Boothe as the Prez. Now there's a scary thought.

And then we he could pick this guy to be the new VEEP. :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._al_cheers.jpg

clckworang 02-12-07 02:46 PM

The 2-hour little 24 events are usually really good, so I have hope that the show will have that old fire again tonight.

The following is something that I asked late in last week's thread, but I didn't get a response. Thought I would post it again in case I started to lose my sanity wondering about it.

Here's a question for all of you longtime 24 fans. When did we first see Graham or have mention of this mysterious company? I could have sworn that we had seen Graham before last season, but imdb only has the actor listed for this season and last season. I was thinking that we had seen him pulling the strings before. But maybe we've just had mention of the company before last season. I don't know. Am I crazy? Has this company been behind some other stuff in the past?

dadaluholla 02-12-07 03:14 PM

When did we first see Graham or have mention of this mysterious company?
I believe he had his arm cut off by a helicopter blade in an earlier season. They later faked his death by having the entire helicopter fall on him while he was standing outside of some hospital, which is probably when he joined up with this secret group.

Or I could have my shows mixed up.

Doughboy 02-12-07 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I believe he had his arm cut off by a helicopter blade in an earlier season. They later faked his death by having the entire helicopter fall on him while he was standing outside of some hospital, which is probably when he joined up with this secret group.

Or I could have my shows mixed up.

I thought he was killed by Clarence Boddicker's 6000 SUX after getting toxic waste dumped all over him.

dadaluholla 02-12-07 03:59 PM

I thought he was killed by Clarence Boddicker's 6000 SUX after getting toxic waste dumped all over him.

Well he's obviously been through a lot. Jack's little interogation must have been a cakewalk for him.

Rogue588 02-12-07 07:34 PM

Poor Morris. :(

stingermck 02-12-07 07:55 PM

Damn Jack is a surgeon with that shotgun

areacode212 02-12-07 08:06 PM

Wait a minute, this started at 8? I tuned in at 9:01, and was completely confused. I thought, "wow, a lot has happened in that one minute."

Patman 02-12-07 08:18 PM

Well, the thread title tells it all.

areacode212 02-12-07 08:28 PM

If only I had come to DVD Talk earlier today :(

Brian Gentz 02-12-07 08:49 PM

damn ruskies

Snowmaker 02-12-07 08:50 PM

I would have loved for her to just tell Jack about his dad right there. It would have been a nice switch from the usual "I have so-and-so, do as I say without leading on or he/she dies" formula.

Snowmaker 02-12-07 08:58 PM

Damn! I need a third hour!

Septemberbaby 02-12-07 09:09 PM

Anna Nicole's Medical Examiner needs to hook up with the folks at CTU... they get their toxicology reports in less than an HOUR!

bullwinkle 02-12-07 09:10 PM

Though I wished they had gone further with the plot (all the lead-up to the Pres stuff hasn't paid off... yet), they sure know how to continually ramp up the action and intensity on this show.

Rogue588 02-12-07 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I would have loved for her to just tell Jack about his dad right there. It would have been a nice switch from the usual "I have so-and-so, do as I say without leading on or he/she dies" formula.

Amen, brother. I was hoping "the Biscuit" would've done something like that. He went from "I might not agree with the President and be pissed that he sideswiped my Nazi, Germany proposal, but I still respect him and don't want him taken out" to "Dammit, that Fayid character is still loose. Kill Palmer!" in about 4.3 minutes...:rolleyes:

monkyskunk 02-12-07 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by areacode212
Wait a minute, this started at 8? I tuned in at 9:01, and was completely confused. I thought, "wow, a lot has happened in that one minute."

I was thinking I don't recalling seeing this stuff last week. I was totally thrown for a loop until I remembered it being on for 2 hours tonight.

Fricken eh! Can't believe I missed the first hour. Wish Fox would air their shows on the net like other networks do. Or maybe they do and I just don't know where to look?

Quatermass 02-12-07 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by monkyskunk
I was thinking I don't recalling seeing this stuff last week. I was totally thrown for a loop until I remembered it being on for 2 hours tonight.

Fricken eh! Can't believe I missed the first hour. Wish Fox would air their shows on the net like other networks do. Or maybe they do and I just don't know where to look?

http://creative.myspace.com/VOD/24/index.html

skatefan20 02-12-07 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Damn! I need a third hour!

YES! Great second hour, though I thought the show came to a grinding halt with that conversation between Lennox and Chad Lowe's character...or with anything that transpired outside of 24's Los Angeles.

"I already lost a son today, don't make me lose a grandson." YIKES.

- Was waiting for Chloe to smack Morris!
- Rena Sofer's looking HOT!
- Can't stop laughing when the camera pans to Graem's son, who's seems to be always lookin' constipated.

Patman 02-12-07 09:22 PM

Jack's dad must die.

Wasn't the actor playing Grendenko on "24" previously? I'm probably mixing him up with the guy with the young girl fetish in season 4.

The first hour was a good hour of action.

The 2nd hour was dragging in the first half, but the 2nd half made up for it.

MovieExchange 02-12-07 09:28 PM

Wow, that was a horrible 2 hours. Yes, we'll just leave Graem's cell phone, a vital piece of eveidence, DOWN IN THE GOD DAMNED MORGUE WHERE IT CAN BE TAMPERED WITH!

Oh yeah, there's a report about the interrogation session.... with absolutely no mention that the agent did NOT administer the drug despite Jack's orders.

I've tried to defend the inconsistencies in this show over the years, but I can't do it anymore.