Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM" 2 Hrs -- 02/12/07

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-07, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kenny79
Morris getting drilled in the shoulder ... owwwwwwww.

His fall to the ground afterward was in slo-mo -- a first for 24? Kinda undermines the real-time aspect, don't it?
I'm roughly 97.456% sure that it was not in slow motion. As opposed to simply dropping to the ground, he slid against the wall to his knees, and then used his hands to brace his fall.

Side note: Graem, for all intents and purposes, isn't dead. A little iodine, and Leonard Betts will be back on his feet, ready to serve the streets as EMT of the year.
Old 02-14-07, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
As for these episodes, they were better than the previous ones and I was glad that the Sandra Palmer storyline was off this week. Now if they could only do something with the President's story. Personally, wouldn't seeing Powers Boothe as the Prez be more interesting? The guy has 10x more on screen presence than Woodside.
Agreed. I'm rooting for the conspiracy against Wayne to succeed so we can see a Powers Boothe presidency.
Old 02-14-07, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
Yep, he was in M:I-2. He was also the villain in The Saint(the Val Kilmer one). And he was the homeless dude in Batman Begins.
He's one of the big go-to Russian actors. When I saw him I was surprised it took them this long to get him on the show
Old 02-14-07, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who's the actor that plays Lennox's assisant, or assistant weasel? He looks like Pinto from Animal House, where have I seen him?
Old 02-14-07, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cleaver
Who's the actor that plays Lennox's assisant, or assistant weasel? He looks like Pinto from Animal House, where have I seen him?
Chad Lowe. You may have seen him crying like a nancy boy when his wife Hilary Swank won an Oscar for, ironically, Boys Don't Cry.
Old 02-14-07, 02:59 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally Posted by Meglos
Chad Lowe. You may have seen him crying like a nancy boy when his wife Hilary Swank won an Oscar for, ironically, Boys Don't Cry.
Old 02-14-07, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Meglos
Is Chad Lowe Lennox's assistant, or his assistant's assistant?
Old 02-14-07, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So let me get this straight... programming this key is a very complicated thing. Complicated enough that a governmental agent working in counter-terrorism has to be kidnapped to do it.

So the programmer gets beaten with baseball bats, nearle drowned and then has a power drill run through his shoulder. He agrees to do the job and it takes him how long? 5 minutes? Maybe 10? I would think that this job, which is apparently so impossible to do by the average programmer, should take a little longer when one is in full health.... and after going through that much torture, it might just take a little longer.

Yet another reason that Monday night was an exercise in "how many ways can we screw up."
Old 02-14-07, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Yeah, when he was typing and was told he should hurry up or die, both my girlfriend and I said at the same time that he should tell him "Well, this is what happens when you stick a fucking drill bit in my shoulder you stupid prick..."
Old 02-14-07, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
I laughed out loud when Morris quickly finished the program and the laptop beeped loudly. You know, the standard Windows "You just created a program that can arm a nuclear weapon" beep.
Old 02-14-07, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Bandoman
Yet arguing about realism in 24 isn't dorky. At all.
Who's arguing about realism, Champ? You don't see my name appear in the weekly threads about the show picking apart every little inaccuracy or far fetched occurrence. I thought one thing the guy said was funny, because out of all the wacky stuff that happens, he chose something completely inconsequential to anything in the plot, and then decided to make an inquiry about why he needed to reference a character by another character's name the same actor played on a different show.

It is a discussion board. What do you expect people to do, knit you a sweater?

Last edited by SexualPudding; 02-14-07 at 04:25 PM.
Old 02-14-07, 07:26 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Who's arguing about realism, Champ? You don't see my name appear in the weekly threads about the show picking apart every little inaccuracy or far fetched occurrence. I thought one thing the guy said was funny, because out of all the wacky stuff that happens, he chose something completely inconsequential to anything in the plot, and then decided to make an inquiry about why he needed to reference a character by another character's name the same actor played on a different show.

It is a discussion board. What do you expect people to do, knit you a sweater?

No problem, Buddy.

Oh, and I'm a medium size for that sweater.

Last edited by Bandoman; 02-14-07 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-14-07, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Did anyone else laugh out loud when they cut to the split screen with Wayne and Lennox right after Assad warned Wayne that he needed to watch his back? The look on Lennox's face was comedy gold I tell ya!
Old 02-15-07, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I understand that 24 has always been a ridiculous show that nobody can take seriously when it comes to realism, but this season has just gotten too far fetched too soon into the season! My eyes may start to bleed due to the amount of times I roll them.

I hear about people who count how many people Jack kills. Someone needs count just how many CTU tact team agents die in every episode. Why do CTU tact teams even follow Bauer into missions anymore? How many agents does CTU even have in their disposal? They are all worthless, they never capture the bad guy, and they all die in explosions or in shootouts.

One final thing: DB Woodside is a horrible actor. Just flat-out bad! Why does he sound like hes whispering when he gets angry?
Old 02-15-07, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Hey, has Jack yelled "There's not enough time!" this season? I know he's said it in a low voice several times, but not yet with gusto...
Old 02-15-07, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
I think Powers Boothe or even Ray Wise would have been better choices to play the President this season.

Powers has only been onscreen in 2 segments, but I really felt his presence as an actor.
Old 02-15-07, 05:18 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by nohoaudiovideo
He's one of the big go-to Russian actors. When I saw him I was surprised it took them this long to get him on the show
He was in Eyes Wide Shut too. Rented Tom Cruise a tux.
Old 02-15-07, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
When Jack's dad offed Graem last week, I expected him to say "That'll do, son."
Old 02-15-07, 10:14 AM

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Lara Means
I hear about people who count how many people Jack kills. Someone needs count just how many CTU tact team agents die in every episode. Why do CTU tact teams even follow Bauer into missions anymore? How many agents does CTU even have in their disposal? They are all worthless, they never capture the bad guy, and they all die in explosions or in shootouts.

They're like the red-shirted guys in Star Trek. Jobs must be hard to come by in LA.
Old 02-15-07, 10:52 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Hmmm ... a man kills his own son and kidnaps his grandson and threatens to kill him too ...

Sounds pretty realistic in the 24 universe.

Last years first half season blows this years out of the water.
Old 02-15-07, 03:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
I've been with this show from the beginning, and my only "oh come on" moment was last night when they brought Bashir to the White House bunker. I mean, seriously, Osama Bin Laden decides to make nice nice 20 years from now and we'll let him into the White House bunker?
Terrorist and President, back to back (throw in Agent Pierce as well), defend against the attempted overthrow of the Govt? Sounds like fun to me.
Old 02-15-07, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lara Means
One final thing: DB Woodside is a horrible actor. Just flat-out bad! Why does he sound like hes whispering when he gets angry?
Because he whispers when he gets angry. Ironically, he also whispers when he's content. Going to also guess that he whispers when he's indifferent.
Old 02-15-07, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver
I'm going to be really mad if that's the case. So far this season seems to be trying to show the opposite ends of the ideological spectrum from other seasons. They seem to be trying to make an effort to show that not every muslim is a terrorist (indeed, the vast majority), and that we are dealing with the few zealots. But so far, it seems that Major League Hillbilly had his fear and violence justified when Kumar turned out to be ACH-med, and now if the peaceful reformed Assad turns out to be playing them, it will only reenforce that ideal. "They're all bad, don't trust them. Kill 'em all." I, for one, think that would cheapen this show.
"Cheapen this show"

This week was stupid, but last week's gaffe was the worst.

Pops Bauer (as he enters the interrogation room holding Graham): "I'd like to speak with my son."
CTU agent: "Okay! You were a suspect until just recently, but you go right on in there and have a nice chat with your boy. Oh, and don't worry about keeping the door closed, we definitely don't have any kind of monitoring in the room, let alone a guard. And when he mysteriously dies with only you in the room and an empty syringe on the table, we certainly wouldn't want to impeach your honor by suspecting you."
Old 02-16-07, 01:13 AM

Any how come we can track cars through heavy L.A. traffic from satellites but we can't track the bad guy's helicopter?
Old 02-16-07, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by vegasbaby
He was in Eyes Wide Shut too. Rented Tom Cruise a tux.
His name is Rade Serbedzija and he's been on my radar since the not-so-good film The Saint with Val Kilmer.

Great actor but very typecast.
-ringding-

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.