DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   One Tree Hill-"Pictures of You" 2/7/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/491854-one-tree-hill-pictures-you-2-7-07-a.html)

Bluelitespecial 02-07-07 02:47 PM

One Tree Hill-"Pictures of You" 2/7/07

Spoiler:
A class assignment reveals the deepest secrets and desires of Lucas and the students at Tree Hill High. Worried about college prospects, Skills turns to Haley, while Nathan wrestles with Deb's suicide attempt. Chase learns that Brooke cheated on her calculus exam, while nudity and drugs run rampant in the halls of the school.

As for the few of us who won't tune in to American Idol. I hope this one is good.

boogieman03 02-07-07 03:21 PM

Previews showed a
Spoiler:
Bevin sighting
!

Bluelitespecial 02-08-07 12:26 AM

I thought this would have gotten more responses by now, but I have to say this will probably go down as my favorite episode of season four. My favorite moments had to be Rachel being a pothead, Bevin show her real side saying how everyone thinks she is dumb but shows its just an act, and Mouth getting clean teen Shelly to really show who she is and scoring a date to prom.

Doughboy 02-08-07 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I thought this would have gotten more responses by now, but I have to say this will probably go down as my favorite episode of season four. My favorite moments had to be Rachel being a pothead, Bevin show her real side saying how everyone thinks she is dumb but shows its just an act, and Mouth getting clean teen Shelly to really show who she is and scoring a date to prom.

I was just indifferent to this episode. I'm really getting sick of One Tree Hill trying to do these "serious" shows. I don't tune in for a damn afterschool special. The reason I got into this show was because it was a fun teen soap. Well, that and I love basketball. But this episode gave me neither. At least the preview for next week gave me hope that it'll return to its roots.

About the only bright spot in this "life-changing hour" was the return of Bevin. She's been AWOL almost the entire season, so it was nice to see the writers make up for her absence. That Leno chin of hers still freaks me out though. Mouth potentially getting some is a nice development, although this feels like a rehash of Erica from Season 2. Hell, the actresses even look a little alike.

I guess at this point we'll have to wait til the end of the year for the Dan situation to be resolved. They've dragged it out so long, I'm starting to not care anymore.

Patman 02-08-07 07:31 AM

I liked the episode a lot, it did strip away a lot of veneer from these characters. BTW, Bevin's photo of Rachel was excellent!

Ayre 02-08-07 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
BTW, Bevin's photo of Rachel was excellent!

I took that shot to illustrate that Bevin isn't all that bright, even though she claims to be pretending to be dumb. It could have been read on a completely different level as Bevin showing that Rachel is only half a person. Naaaaahh, Bevin isn't that smart.

I enjoyed it a lot as well. Kind of "Afterschool Special", but I enjoyed the character revelations. Luckily the show didn't take itself too seriously (this time).

Red Dog 02-08-07 07:55 AM

I really enjoyed the episode. I actually always thought Lucas had some goth in him.

:lol: at Mouth. Hasn't gotten any, still won't get any, and he'll be all the more frustrated with a hot girlfriend.

Yeah, Bevin ain't bright.

Doughboy 02-08-07 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I really enjoyed the episode. I actually always thought Lucas had some goth in him.

You were probably thinking that because of the eye shadow he was wearing earlier in the season.:)

boogieman03 02-08-07 08:48 AM

I was cheerinig for Mouth until I realized he just asked a born again virgin to prom. Looks like the dryspell will continue.

Bevin's photo at the end was great. So was her revelation.

critterdvd 02-08-07 01:45 PM

I really, really, really enjoyed this episode and the previous one - there is something about this show that always grabs me and pulls me back in whenever I think about turning away.

The Bevin revelation was amazing! Me and my friend just looked at the screen in complete shock! I'm happy for Mouth because it seems like while he might not be getting sex anytime soon (does that really matter?), but he might have found an equal.

As for Brooke and Chase, eventhough its unlikely (even if this is the final season) I'm really rooting for that relationship to stick. He is so much better for her in just different ways that Lucas ever could be.

Patman 02-08-07 01:50 PM

Then they could bring in LC (The Hills) to cause havoc with Chase and Brooke's relationship.

boogieman03 02-08-07 02:03 PM

I don't think I would mind the Chase character if it wasn't Steven from Laguna Beach.

antennaball 02-08-07 11:08 PM

I thought it was a really good episode. Still feels like they're counting down to a series finale, but very good.

SexualPudding 02-09-07 01:01 AM

Too schmaltzy for my liking. To me, it just played like a happier version of the time capsule episode from last season.

meritocracy 02-09-07 02:06 AM

Frankly, I'm not a fan of these episodes, so this easily into the realm of too schmaltzy by far area for me. Whenever this show honestly attempts to be earnest, I see it more as ridiculously contrived and completely unconvincing.

A quick return to form next week and I'll forget all about this, but Doughboy's hit the nail on the head regarding these 'Afternoon Special' type outings for me. I understand this type of show demands a mandatory inclusion of an episode like this every now and again, but the tone of this show isn't exactly built around the shallow exploration of the deeper souls residing within the caricatures the writers have presented us with. The angst reveling and pseudo-profound 'life-altering' insights arrived at in an hourlong class presided over by Nicholas "Forever" Knight's partner border on the laughable.

Essentially the only enjoyment I got from this episode was Bevin's inclusion and Haley's imitation of Joey Potter's patented 'acting school of hair flipping'.

P.S. The faster Laguna boy vanishes back into obscurity, the happier I'll be.