Old 02-07-07, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 493 Likes on 393 Posts
Lost - "Not In Portland" - 2/07/2007 *New Time*

Episode: Not In Portland
Original Air Date: 2/07/2007

Synopsis:
Spoiler:

Jack has the Others in a desperate situation as he holds Ben's life in his hands. Meanwhile, Kate and Sawyer try to escape from their captors. Back at the beach, Charlie and Hurley search through Sawyer's belongings and discover his hidden possessions. Flashbacks reveal Juliet's past.

New later time thanks to AI... unless they want to start showing some nudity.

Last edited by RichC2; 02-07-07 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-07-07, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its been so long it took me a minute to even remember who Juliet was.
Old 02-07-07, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, considering how much they've milked the series in seasons past, I'm amazed they didn't do a recap episode.
Old 02-07-07, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 127 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by RichC2
Yeah, considering how much they've milked the series in seasons past, I'm amazed they didn't do a recap episode.
I'm pretty sure there's a recap episode directly before the new one.
Old 02-07-07, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I'm watching it tonight, and I love the new timeslot, but to be honest, I can wait.
Old 02-07-07, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by boogieman03
I'm watching it tonight, and I love the new timeslot, but to be honest, I can wait.
Ditto. I find myself wishing this was another Heroes episode instead. I sure hope Lost turns it up and makes me anxious for the next episode like it used to do. 16 weeks without a break will definitely help.
Old 02-07-07, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, there's a recap episode at 9pm. pretty smart to change to 10 so they dont have to compete with AI. cant wait!!!!!
Old 02-07-07, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Gotcha, didn't notice (I don't look at tv listings so much).

Hope it's good.
Old 02-07-07, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

LOL - Thought this thread orginially was about LOST not airing in Portland, Oregon (or Maine) this evening for some reason. (On the page where it lists the various forums and then shows the title of the thread where the latest post is made in that forum - said: LOST - Not In Portland. Didn't know thats actually the episode title.)

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 02-07-07 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-07-07, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I still can't remember who Juliet is. I for one think this time slot blows. I may just not watch it and buy the DVDs. That may be one reason why Season 1 IMO was way better than Season 2- b/c I missed the first and watched it all on DVD, but watched the second on TV.
Old 02-07-07, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Besides Ben (Fenry), Juliet's the only one that has had any interaction with Jack over the last 6 episodes. She's the one that has seemingly convinced Jack to kill Ben on the operating table.
Old 02-07-07, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
My weekly contribution - cutting and pasting spoilers for this week.

Spoiler:

pisode 3.07: Not In Portland (Juliet-centric)
Airdate: February 7, 2007

* new 01/31 - Co-executive producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz reveal: It was exciting to show [Juliet's] backstory. What you see on this island is a very strong woman, and in her backstory she was a little timid and was getting bullied -- so you see the evolution of her character from that. Source: The Official Lost Magazine, Issue #9, March/April 2007
* new 01/30 - You see that Kate does have very strong feelings for Jack. And they are sorta kinda displayed in front of Sawyer. Source: Kristin on E!Online
* 01/24 - This episode continues exactly where the last one finished. Ben’s life is now in Jack’s hands. Jack wastes no time using this to his advantage by helping Kate and Sawyer to escape. What perils lie ahead for Kate and Sawyer? Could they find unexpected help from one of the Others? We also get the opportunity to learn more about Juliet and her past. Charlie and Hurley go through Sawyer’s personal belonging and food stash back at the beach and Charlie finds himself under attack by Desmond. Source: UK DigiGuide via spoilerslost.blogspot.com
* 01/23 - Someone dies. (But it’s not someone you’ll cry over.) Kate does have feelings for Jack (which will be open to your interpretation!). Sheera comes to the rescue of Kate and Sawyer! Source: Kristin on E!Online
* 01/22 - Jack is in command as the fate of Ben's life literally rests in his hands. Meanwhile, Kate and Sawyer find an ally in one of "The Others," and Juliet makes a shocking decision that could endanger her standing with her people. Guest starring are Robin Weigert as Rachel, M.C. Gainey as Mr. Friendly/Tom, William Mapother as Ethan, Blake Bashoff as Karl, Tania Raymonde as Alex, Michael Bowen as Pickett, Ariston Green as Jason, Teddy Wells as Ivan, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Steve Labrash as morgue employee, Kimberly Estrada as Sherry, Rob McElhenney as Aldo and Zeljko Ivanek as Edmund. Source: ABC
* 01/21 - On the operating table, Ben's life is in Jack's hands, but the doc's gambit to free Kate and Sawyer hits a geographical snag. Still, the runaways elude Danny and the other guards, with the help of unlikely allies. Flashbacks follow Juliet's medical career, which has a very personal component to it. Rachel: Robin Weigert. Ethan: William Mapother. Edmund: Zeljko Ivanek. Alpert: Nestor Carbonell. Source: TV Guide Online
* 01/18 - The episode, titled "Not in Portland," picks up where the midseason cliffhanger left off, with Jack demanding the release of Kate and Sawyer in exchange for saving the life of Ben, the leader of the mysterious Others, on the operating table. Mitchell said that the episode will help explain Juliet's motivations for joining the Others, as well as actions in the previous six episodes of season three. "I think they're giving you an insight into what's happening, and they further develop what happens at the end of the episode, which is something we've kind of been waiting to happen," she said. "So that's how they kind of mix it in there. I can't really say anything more than that because I don't want to give anything away if you haven't seen it, ... but I do believe they further it. What happens to Juliet and what her experience is then kind of feeds into what she's doing and why she's doing it." Mitchell also urged fans to remember that although her character seems nice, she may have an ulterior motive. "She did what she set out to do, which is break Jack," she said. "So yes, she's nice, but look what she did to him. I mean, she kept at him. So that's not particularly nice. Nor is it friendly to take a friendship and twist it so the other person cries. That's not, to me, very nice. However, there was obviously a reason behind it. If you take any good person and give them an ultimate objective that they have to fulfill, they're willing to do almost anything. What we might do for our children, what we might do to save a parent or save our loved one, we're willing to do almost anything. So that, to me, is Juliet." Source: Sci Fi Wire
* 12/21 - Jack is in command, as the fate of one of The Others' lives rests in his hand. Meanwhile, Kate and Sawyer find an ally in one of The Others, and Juliet makes a shocking decision that could endanger her standing with her people. [...] That first episode looks like it may give us another look at Others Town before the crash, as it features William Mapother as Ethan. We'll also be seeing more of Alex (Tania Raymonde) and Karl (Blake Bashoff), the kid who was Sawyer's cage buddy for a short time early in the season. Source: Zap2it
* 11/16 - Kimberly Estrada will be appearing as Sherry in Episode 7. Source: Kimberly Estrada Official Website
* 10/31 - On a remote Hawaiian beachscape where turquoise waves slither up tan sands, Josh Holloway, Evangeline Lilly and several others (including Others) are filming a whopper of a scene for a February episode of LOST. Spotting this reporter through the trees, Elizabeth Mitchell scoots over... "Well," she says, cheerfully excusing herself, "I'm going to go shoot someone." Cameras rolling, she expertly wields a Sig Sauer and pumps two bullets into someone shocking; the still-standing are left gasping as she coldly lowers the gun. Source: Entertainment Weekly
* 10/31 - According to some pictures, Ethan would appear in Juliet's flashback. Probably working at the same lab Juliet was. Click on the source to view said picture. Source: SpoilersLost
* 10/30 - "LOST" turned the John A. Burns School of Medicine into the Miami Central University's Medical Research Laboratory. And it seems like a flashback for Juliet, the new character played by Elizabeth Mitchell. She meets an older gentleman (played by Zeljko Ivanek, if this photo and Jen's encyclopedic brain are to believed). According to Spoilerfix, the guy is probably Edmund Burke. They talk in front of the building, he steps into the street... and is hit by a bus. Source: The Transmission
* 10/18 - I just found out that Episode 7 is a Juliet flashback. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
* 10/11 - In this episode will be Sherry, an intelligent and formidable woman in her 40s or 50s. She is smart, analytical, well-rounded, and charming. Source: SpoilerFix.com
* 10/02 - This episode will feature Edmund Burke, a smug in his 50s who has a laboratory in a university, who is the type to divorce his wife to date a young woman in her early 20s. He likes to take credit for other people's work. Also in the episode is Albert Hofmann, a highly selective recruiter for a bio-tech company. Source: SpoilerFix.com
* 09/11 - [Elizabeth Mitchell's character] is romantically linked to someone we already know, and could be romantically linked to a second someone we know. Source: Kristin on E!Online
Old 02-07-07, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I CAN'T wait. It takes this huge breaks for me to realize how great this show really is. I'm glad it's back and non-stop until the end.
Old 02-07-07, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 230 Likes on 112 Posts
Groucho told me, he can't wait.

Not crazy about 10:00 p.m., and I don't watch AI, but it's LOST, and I am there.
Old 02-07-07, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Groucho told me, he can't wait.
Is that ALL he told you? What about the notebook?!?
Old 02-07-07, 11:05 AM
Retired

Can't wait and glad for the later time.

More time to study before watching on most nights, and tonight will let me catch all of the WVU-Pitt basketball game which I couldn't have in the old time slot.
Old 02-07-07, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 513 Likes on 365 Posts
I don't like the new time. Since I refuse to watch commercials that means I can't start watching it until 10:20.

I am looking forward to them wrapping up the Jack/Sawyer/Kate plot so we can get back to the island. I'm ready for more Sun, Jin & Sayid.
Old 02-07-07, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

I am looking forward to them wrapping up the Jack/Sawyer/Kate plot so we can get back to the island. I'm ready for more Sun, Jin & Sayid.
Spoiler:
My sources say that the J/S/K storyline will continue on
Old 02-07-07, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
as a LOST fan, I detest the 10 time slot...gotta be kidding me...old geezers like me are in bed every night by 10:30 latest...and having to sit through 30 minutes of commercials is the deal breaker. I'm out. Until it's released on DVD later this fall, of course.
Old 02-07-07, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't wait. Is this the one where they finally show the T-Rex?

A lot have changed in my relationship with Lost. I was super fan the first 2 seasons, but it seems this season my most loved show is Heroes. I've seen that a lot of people have made that change too. I remember past episodes when Lost finished I needed a couple of minutes to enjoy what I just watched. Now, it's like that for Heroes.

So, today I'm curious about what will happen tonight with Lost. Will my love for Lost comeback?
Old 02-07-07, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Big fan of the first 2 seasons. But the first series of this seasons episodes really confirmed something that alot of critics have been dangling around for ever...the producers don't really know where they are taking it. This was also confirmed by David Fury. Anyhow, I hope these next couple of arcs prove this wrong.
Old 02-07-07, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's been a while, I can't remember exactly what happened in the last episode. Are we going to get to find out what's in the hatch?

Last edited by Joe Molotov; 02-07-07 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-07-07, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought this day would never come.

STFU everybody. Be fucking glad it's back. Only this time, it's BACK-TO-BACK.

Last edited by hardercore; 02-07-07 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-07-07, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 134 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by hardercore
I thought this day would never come.

STFU everybody. Be fucking glad it's back. Only this time, it's BACK-TO-BACK.
It was back-to-back last time...only just for six weeks.
Old 02-07-07, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can I get these out of the way now since we know they're coming?

"Arrrghhhh, they didn't answer anything and brought up YET more questions!"

"Nothing about PLOTLINE X this week? That's it! I'm done with this show!"

"We need more whackings!" - Oops, wrong show...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.