DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 12 Noon - 1PM" -- 02/05/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/491604-twenty-four-24-day-6-12-noon-1pm-02-05-07-a.html)

LorenzoL 02-05-07 04:44 AM

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 12 Noon - 1PM" -- 02/05/07

"Day 6: 12 Noon - 1PM"
Spoiler:
Reunited with his estranged father, Jack deals with unthinkable challenges; developments in the administration and at CTU intensify the critical circumstances facing the country.

Originally Aired: February 05, 2007

Steam 02-05-07 08:35 PM

Wow. Jack's brother is douche of the year.

lotsofdvds 02-05-07 08:41 PM

That whole scene between Jack and his brother was major league intense.

MovieExchange 02-05-07 09:07 PM

I've tried to support 24 through good and bad, but I have to say that this week's show was quite possibly worse than last week.

Last week's show was nothing but filler. Two plot lines were shown to be absolutely worthless, and nothing really moved the story along.

This week's word wasn't filler, it was "predictable." Sadly predictable. Yes, we knew that Morris would be the mystery man. We knew that the report about his brother was bullshit. We knew that Daddy Bauer was in on the whole thing and would kill junior as soon as he said "I need a few minutes."

bullwinkle 02-05-07 09:08 PM

This was a great episode, especially compared to last week's filler. They've got some really good, intense plots shaping up.

skatefan20 02-05-07 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
I've tried to support 24 through good and bad, but I have to say that this week's show was quite possibly worse than last week.

Last week's show was nothing but filler. Two plot lines were shown to be absolutely worthless, and nothing really moved the story along.

This week's word wasn't filler, it was "predictable." Sadly predicatble. Yes, we knew that Morris would be the mystery man. We knew that the report about his brother was bullshit. We knew that Daddy Bauer was in on the whole thing and would kill junior as soon as he said "I need a few minutes."

Kinda agree with you there. It definitely has become more predictable. And yet for me, 95% of the time, I'm on the edge of my seat. Still appointment TV in my book.

High-octane soap opera! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

Patman 02-05-07 09:13 PM

Well, Jack puts Graem through the ringer, and then another twist comes into play.

I just knew Palmer was setting up the Biscuit with the exec meeting. I smiled when it went down because the Biscuit was totally flabberghasted. Not sure how much of a hindrance Powers Booth's VP is going to have on Palmer as of yet.

So what are the odds that Miles would be the closest one to be tapped for detonation services? A somewhat laughable turn, but it's "24", right?

And next week, we get 2 hours of "24" goodness...

lotsofdvds 02-05-07 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
This week's word wasn't filler, it was "predictable." Sadly predictable. Yes, we knew that Morris would be the mystery man. We knew that the report about his brother was bullshit.

So? At least he's not a "mole". Everyone knows that he's been kidnapped and so it'll put a new spin on that particular plotline.

Septemberbaby 02-05-07 09:24 PM

What a sick demented, twisted, dysfunctional family!!
Those Bauer's are all kooks!

And how does Jack know Morris? Wasn't he just released 6 hrs ago from a Chinese prison.. if I recall, they didn't meet last season... or did they?

I think that Graem Jr. is definitely Jack's son.

dadaluholla 02-05-07 09:28 PM

Gah! That's like three weak episodes in a row. This season is losing me fast. Especially as soon as the President, or any of his staff show up on screen, I seriously have to fight the urge not to flip the channel. It's like sock puppets reading a script. That actually might be better.

I love 24, so hopefully things improve soon.

HE Pennypacker 02-05-07 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
What a sick demented, twisted, dysfunctional family!!
Those Bauer's are all kooks!

And how does Jack know Morris? Wasn't he just released 6 hrs ago from a Chinese prison.. if I recall, they didn't meet last season... or did they?

I think that Graem Jr. is definitely Jack's son.

Yeah they met last season. Major 5th season spoiler below:

Spoiler:
Morris was the one that set up and delivered the bugged pen to Jack when he was interrogating the President in the warehouse..

Septemberbaby 02-05-07 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker

Spoiler:
Morris was the one that set up and delivered the bugged pen to Jack when he was interrogating the President in the warehouse..

Okay... thanks. I didn't remember that.

musick 02-05-07 10:02 PM

very predictable episode (wayyyy too much foreshadowing)
still the interigation scene was one of the best moments in 24 history

Ranger 02-05-07 10:03 PM

personally i thought graem's wife was behind it all, not the dad or the grandpa.

then in a shocking twist, her son kills her and takes over the operation.

*beep beep beep*

Better than last week. Too bad Graem had to go out like that.

MrX 02-05-07 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by musick
very predictable episode (wayyyy too much foreshadowing)
still the interigation scene was one of the best moments in 24 history

You mean the close-eps of Jack's dad with a scowl on his face every 3 minutes gave that away:lol:

The only thing that could have saved this episode was Vice President Cy Tolliver calling Wayne a **** after another terrible speech

The Valeyard 02-06-07 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker

Spoiler:

I think they actually met before that (pre Season 1). When Morris and Jack connected last season, they had some banter back & forth that implied that they knew one another.

TheMovieman 02-06-07 12:26 AM

Wow, looks like not many people watched... By this time we'd be 10-pages in, lol.

As for the episode, I'm getting to the point where I might stop watching. This episode was pretty poor...

skatefan20 02-06-07 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Wow, looks like not many people watched... By this time we'd be 10-pages in, lol.

As for the episode, I'm getting to the point where I might stop watching. This episode was pretty poor...

I'm not feeling that connection with many of the characters this season (even Chloe's lost some of her "quirky".) And coupled with some bad acting that makes u wanna cringe (Exhibit A: DB W. as Prez), this is definitely a letdown from last season.

Spoiler:
Maybe Audrey, and the Logans will shake things up once they're brought back into the picture. :shrug:

Anyways, an off start.

tasha99 02-06-07 03:38 AM

Chloe seems completely out of character lately. If you could learn social grace just by reading a book, I think she would have done that in high school. I liked her better as a rude fruitcake.

Jack's dad being behind everything was too predictable, and I don't see CTU letting anyone alone with Graham like that.

My last complaint--no Alexander Siddig in this episode. :(

Vipper II 02-06-07 05:56 AM

I have no idea how people can call last night's episode "weak." It had some of the most intense scenes we've seen on the show for quite some time. And who couldn't love that interrogation scene?

Michael Corvin 02-06-07 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Vipper II
I have no idea how people can call last night's episode "weak." It had some of the most intense scenes we've seen on the show for quite some time. And who couldn't love that interrogation scene?

Sometimes the whole is not better than the sum of its parts.

I have to agree with most. Kind of a letdown, despite the interrogation. The whole Bauer family thing is a joke. Soap opera material right there. This season started off great, but it seems to be devolving to Season 4 standards.

Surprisingly I thought Pres. Palmer calling the meeting to humiliate Tom was the best.

mphtrilogy 02-06-07 07:22 AM

I think many of us are suffering 24 burnout. How many new spins can they do? We've seen it all already. But yet, I still watch because it's still fun to watch Bauer do his thing.

The Morris kidnapping was a nice spin on what we all knew what was going to happen, that was a setup from Ep 1.

I also think this is the first time I ever heard Jack call someone "Pal", when he was talking to Buchanan, he ended the call and said, "thanks Pal"

Another Bauer first.

funstan 02-06-07 07:35 AM

It looked like this season was going to be 23:30 with Jack and his Dad spending the last half hour fishing.

Doughboy 02-06-07 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by skatefan20
I'm not feeling that connection with many of the characters this season (even Chloe's lost some of her "quirky".) And coupled with some bad acting that makes u wanna cringe (Exhibit A: DB W. as Prez), this is definitely a letdown from last season.

That's what I said in a previous thread. The problem with 24 this season is not the predictability. It's that this cast of characters doesn't compare to their predecessors.

Wayne Palmer sucks. Granted, so did Keeler in Season 4, but they quickly fixed that problem by replacing him with Logan and they still had David Palmer to fall back on.

Sandra Palmer sucks. Sherry was annoying too, but you loved to hate her. We just hate Sandra. Thankfully, her screentime was at a minimum last night.

The jury's still out on Powers Boothe, but they've gone to the slimy Vice Prez well twice already(last season being a ruse however). Hopefully he gives a good enough performance to make us overlook that.

Killing Curtis was stupid. He was kind of bland, but he was also a bad MF. I much preferred him to Chase and his stupid baby/Kim soap opera nonsense. Rick Schroeder better do a helluva job filling his shoes.

Morris is alright and it looks like his character just became a lot more central to the plot. But he can't replace the lovable Edgar.

Tom Lennox could be a decent character if the writers weren't stacking the deck against him. His agenda could actually be the subject for an interesting debate on the show.

Milo and Nadia don't bring much to their roles aside from good looks. They're not even in the same league as Tony and Michelle.

And to make matters worse, we're missing some of the strongest supporting characters from Season 5 like the Logans and Aaron Pierce. Hell, even Mike Novick and Audrey Raines were pretty decent compared to what we're currently stuck with.

uteotw 02-06-07 08:41 AM

Read an article yesterday about how they're trying to make Chloe "hot" & "normal" now, which is wrecking one of the most annoying yet most interesting characters on TV. BAAADDDD move.

Agreed last night really fell flat. Jack's dad is the evil mastermind AND is willing to MURDER his own son over it? Blah...