Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Galactica - "Taking a Break From All Your Worries" - 1/28/07

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-07, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by cleaver
I don't mind the love square in small doses, anything more than 1/3 of an ep though...

Re: deleted scene:
Spoiler:
Do they have a #6 hostage, and if so when did that happen? I thought Helo wiped out all the cylon hostages.
Check out the very last part of the 1/21 episode.
Old 01-29-07, 01:37 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by starseed1981
I'm starting to become more certain that Starbuck is going to be the main character killed off in "Maelstrom" on March 4th. They keep making her more and more dislikable; when she was in the bar with Anders after making the offer to Lee I just wanted to strangle her.
Hmmm, didn't know somebody was going to be killed off on March 4th. Thanks.
Old 01-29-07, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FinkPish
This show has never been slavish to the original in terms of plot or character or story or anything. Haven't you seen that by now?
If they were they would still have Boxie around and a Dagget ta boot.
Old 01-29-07, 01:58 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
I agree with pretty much everything that's been said. The Baltar scenes were great, the Starbuck/Lee scenes were not.

At this point I will be thrilled if
Spoiler:
it is indeed Starbuck that is killed off
Old 01-29-07, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't like Starbuck either, but I don't want them to kill her off. If they kill off every unlikable character on the show, then the "good" characters will have nothing to do but hold hands and skip up and down the corridors every week. I think too often people don't realize that you need unlikable characters to provide conflict.

And put me in the "I hope the Lee/Starbuck thing is over" as well. If I was married to someone like Dee, there's no way I would even know Starbuck existed, much less pine away after her.
Old 01-29-07, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by redskull
And put me in the "I hope the Lee/Starbuck thing is over" as well. If I was married to someone like Dee, there's no way I would even know Starbuck existed, much less pine away after her.

QFT!

Starbuck = ugly and annoying, bad combination

Dee = sweet and hot, how can you go wrong?
Old 01-29-07, 06:02 PM

Anyone else have trouble with dialogue being unintelligible in this episode? I don't know why, but there were several places where I couldn't understand what people were saying, seems like they were mumbling. And in the last scene they forgot to add captions, so for example I have no idea who Caprica said they rescued after being 'airlocked'.

Also, why would Caprica not want to be killed? Isn't that exactly what she would want?
Old 01-29-07, 06:12 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by porieux
Also, why would Caprica not want to be killed? Isn't that exactly what she would want?
The other Cylons aren't going to be happy with her after she helped Athena and Hera escape.

Last edited by MrX; 01-29-07 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-29-07, 06:17 PM

Good point.
Old 01-29-07, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Anyone else have trouble with dialogue being unintelligible in this episode? I don't know why, but there were several places where I couldn't understand what people were saying, seems like they were mumbling. And in the last scene they forgot to add captions, so for example I have no idea who Caprica said they rescued after being 'airlocked'.
Audio was fine for me. She didn't say they rescued him. She said he told them that the president told him the same thing. The president gave him her word that they wouldn't kill him yet they did anyway.

On a different note I actually like this episode. Thought it would be worst with all the boohooing going around. Two scenes I thought were great were the one with Six kissing Baltar underwater and the similar scene with a kid replacing Six but sort of pushing him down into the water.
Old 01-30-07, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts

If there isn't a Cylon ship in the vicinity for her to resurrect on, then she would really die after going out the airlock --so that might be a concern.

Just a head's up: It looks like even SCI-FI is afraid of the Super Bowl, and next week they are going to rerun this episode and "Rapture" from last week.

The next new ep will be Feb 11
Old 01-30-07, 04:40 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by redskull
I don't like Starbuck either, but I don't want them to kill her off. If they kill off every unlikable character on the show, then the "good" characters will have nothing to do but hold hands and skip up and down the corridors every week. I think too often people don't realize that you need unlikable characters to provide conflict.
Spoiler:
from the interviews with the creators i've read, they're probably not kiling her off in a conventional way. meaning, whatever happens to her will keep her from appearing in the rest of the season. but she isn't necessarily dead. that, or its a temporary death.
Old 01-30-07, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts
For the first time since the show's been on I totally spaced and forgot about it. Must be the "Sunday" thing. Anyway I discovered that Comcast On Demand is showing the last three episodes. Commercial free except for two short movie promos. No Sci-fi logo or annoying popups. Looks like episodes will be available the Monday after they air. Menu path: On Demand>Cutting Edge>Sci-Fi>Battlestar Galactica
Old 01-30-07, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It makes sense that the overall storyline would take this route with Baltar, but I'm just bored with it already. I hope the trial isn't dragged out until the season finale.
Old 02-01-07, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
Just a head's up: It looks like even SCI-FI is afraid of the Super Bowl, and next week they are going to rerun this episode and "Rapture" from last week.

The next new ep will be Feb 11
That's funny. I wouldn't think many Sci-Fi fans would watch that crap.