One tree hill "resolve"-1/24/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-24-07, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 415 Likes on 300 Posts

Spoiler:
Haley finds herself frustrated over her injuries while Skills and Mouth help Nathan find a job as a stripper in order to earn money for the senior prom. Meanwhile, Brooke betrays Rachel in order to get with a new guy and Lucas and Peyton finally reach happiness in their relationship.

This sounds like it has potential to be good, the previews look like ther might be a few good laughs from it. I hope everyone will watch.
Old 01-24-07, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Now that was a fun episode unlike last week, although I am tiring of Deb's self-destruction and the Lucas/Peyton romance.

Great to see Bevin - definitely need more of her. Rachel's hotness continues unabated. Never get tired of Skilz and Mouth (particularly when he gets ripped on).

The Brooke story was interesting. I figured the guy was trying to get into a hot virgin's pants like Brooke was trying. Guess not.
Old 01-24-07, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Lucas and Peyton were way too happy, but it's great to see Peyton smiling these days.

Nathan did a nice thing for his wife. It's amazing what a turd Nathan was just 2.5 seasons ago.

Deb, please just go away.

Lucas is close to putting it all together (Keith's death), Karen freaked out Dan with the news.

Brooke's new beau, Chase, used to be on Laguna Beach (as Stephen). He did okay in this appearance. He wasn't quite charismatic, but very low key and earnest as Chase.

Can Mouth seal the deal with Shelly in a future episode?

Too bad they stopped the video of Rachel at a crucial moment in her disrobing for others.

Last edited by Patman; 01-24-07 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-24-07, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not that we need yet another tired reason for reoccurring visits to the local cemetary or hospital, as I'm quite sure I can't be the only one bored of it, but they need to cut Deb loose at this point. The writer's have so convincingly destroyed her character that it's reached the point where her mere appearance kills all momentum and drags down the rest of the show. How sad the cart wasn't carrying her off with a sheet draped over her head.

I'd also like to see the powers that be impose a ban on the casting of any actor who previously rose to 'fame' via a reality show. 'Wasn't quite charismatic' is putting it kindly.
Old 01-24-07, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I can still remember when Deb was supposed to be this world-beater business woman, and now she's a frikkin' wreck. Sad.
Old 01-24-07, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
"I wasn't in love with you. I settled for you"

OUCH. That was a knockout blow by Dan.

This episode's Bevin sighting was well worth it.

Rachel's looking pretty good.

I didn't recognize Laguna Beach boy. Ugh. Is he going to be on the show for a while?
Old 01-24-07, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am still pulling for mouth to get back together with Rachel. Dan was very harsh with Deb, hopefully this will be the turn around with her character.
Old 01-25-07, 01:41 AM

I want the fun Deb back, the one who did the campaign sabotaging against Dan. It's amazing how bad her character's writing is. She was a smart business woman at the start of the show and now she's a pill-popping drag.
Old 01-25-07, 02:29 AM

One of the better episodes this season(not that that's saying much).

Nice to see they haven't forgotten about Bevin and Skills. And will poor Mouth ever get any? I wonder why he wasn't able to seal the deal with that Erica chick from Season 2.

They finally found the right role for Rachel. Scantilly clad skank. Now don't go messing up a good thing.

I guess Dan will confront Lucas about all the accusatory notes and messages that have been left for him since the end of Season 3. They better reveal who's behind that soon. Enough already! Of course, could it be anyone other than Whitey at this point?

And speaking of Dan, I know he's been trying to redeem himself lately, but that was pretty low kicking Deb like that while she's down. How could he not expect her to attempt suicide after what he said?
Old 01-25-07, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Doughboy
And speaking of Dan, I know he's been trying to redeem himself lately, but that was pretty low kicking Deb like that while she's down. How could he not expect her to attempt suicide after what he said?
At least he didn't let her die. Although it seems like he would have since she did start the dealership fire.
Old 01-26-07, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
At least he didn't let her die. Although it seems like he would have since she did start the dealership fire.
Dan from Season 3 would've let her die. But if he's sincere about atoning for his past sins, then he should just leave her alone and not provoke her. She's a ticking time bomb anyway.