DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Prison Break -- "John Doe" -- 01/22/07 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/490295-prison-break-john-doe-01-22-07-a.html)

LorenzoL 01-22-07 04:24 AM

Prison Break -- "John Doe" -- 01/22/07

"John Doe"
Spoiler:
Michael and Lincoln form a tenuous alliance with Kellerman; tragedy strikes the Mahone family; Bellick takes action to prove he is still in charge at Fox River.

Originally Aired: January 22, 2007

Wasn't Dominic Purcell the lead in the Fox show "John Doe"?

MovieExchange 01-22-07 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
"John Doe"

Yep. Another great show killed by Fox.

Baron Of Hell 01-22-07 07:52 AM

One on the producers of John Doe was asked what the big secret was. John Doe went to heaven and once he got there knowledge of everything was given to him.

starseed1981 01-22-07 08:11 AM

Anybody know if they are airing all new episodes straight through the end of the season.

Groucho 01-22-07 08:26 AM

I love the promos for this. "BIGGEST TWIST EVER!" And then they show the twist. :rolleyes:

DJariya 01-22-07 09:16 AM

Yes, 9 straight weeks of new Prison Break. The season finale should be March 26th because 24 is going to have a 2 hour episode on February 12th.

rfduncan 01-22-07 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Yes, 9 straight weeks of new Prison Break. The season finale should be March 26th because 24 is going to have a 2 hour episode on February 12th.

That is great news! Having them pad it out until May would have been excruciating. :banana:

esc24 01-22-07 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya

How is it 9 straight weeks if there's a 2 hour 24 on Feb 12th? Isn't it just 3 episodes, then a break, then six?

DJariya 01-22-07 04:58 PM

your right, 3 episodes, a 1 week break, then 6 straight weeks

Tygan 01-22-07 07:48 PM

C-Note is in Mound City, Nebraska....problem - there is no Mound City, Nebraska. There's one in Kansas and Missouri, but not Nebraska.

edstein 01-22-07 08:00 PM

Was that the Pain Train? Sure sounded like him.

MrX 01-22-07 08:36 PM

I enjoyed the "He knows everything" comment and look from Kim:lol:

Jimmy James 01-22-07 08:56 PM

It's good to see that the characters are dumb as ever. It's comforting in a way. Whether it's allowing a guy to get your gun and kill himself or telling your child to take his sister instead of getting out of the house so he can get everybody help, everybody is just dumb, dumb, dumb.

Don't get me wrong...I'm still entertained.

Rogue588 01-22-07 09:21 PM

I couldn't get back into this series. Perhaps it was the break? I don't know...

beckman307 01-22-07 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by edstein
Was that the Pain Train? Sure sounded like him.

It was, wasn't it? "You can't come into my kitchen, kick my dog, and steal my ballpoints. You must be crazy!"

Edit - http://www.tv.com/prison-break/john-...3/summary.html - looks like Banks was played by Lester "Triple-T" Speight.

Snowmaker 01-22-07 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL

I totally missed that link as he was saying it tonight.

Originally Posted by Tygan
C-Note is in Mound City, Nebraska....problem - there is no Mound City, Nebraska. There's one in Kansas and Missouri, but not Nebraska.

All the flaws with this show and you're going to pick that one? :lol:

dsa_shea 01-22-07 11:05 PM

I heard that Prison Break was approved for a 3rd season. Sounds like they'll be doing some padding and stretching. I'm not sure I like this idea. I was going to be happy with two fun seasons of this show, add them to my dvd collection and call it a night. Now there is no telling where they will go with this while they try to make it last another 30 or more episodes.

Jimmy James 01-22-07 11:11 PM

I'm just waiting for the reveal that this wasn't really the President's brother, either.

MrX 01-23-07 12:11 AM

I wonder what hijinx will ensue now that Thatcher Grey offed himself.

By far the one part I'm actually looking forward to is Bellick in Fox River.

TyroneJordan 01-23-07 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by MrX
I wonder what hijinx will ensue now that Thatcher Grey offed himself.

By far the one part I'm actually looking forward to is Bellick in Fox River.

Nothing makes for better TV than prison politics (aka rape)

Chew 01-23-07 06:09 AM

The more the second season goes on, the more the different character subplots feel like 5-6 different TV shows with zero connection.

xVladx 01-23-07 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Chew
The more the second season goes on, the more the different character subplots feel like 5-6 different TV shows with zero connection.

Honestly, though, given the characters, it would have been silly for them to force some connections. I mean, it was one thing when they were running into each other when they were all headed to the same place for the money, but now that the plot has progressed, it'd seem forced for them to keep running into each other, as they've all got seperate motives, in seperate locations. Michael and Lincoln are interested in clearing their names, C-Note is busy with his family, T-Bag was always planning on finding Mrs. Hollander, Sucre is busy down south, and Haywire is rafting his way to Holland.

Patman 01-23-07 06:26 AM

Mr. Lee has pushed the wrong buttons on Kellerman and now Mahone. This can't bode well for Lee in the future.

T-bag's subplot was beyond ludicrous.

Bellick's subplot, OTOH, is going to be fun to watch, nothing like prison pecking order on display.

C-note' subplot is a yawner.

Linc is reduced to barking insults and threats to Kellerman.

At least the president's brother subplot is cleared away.

Red Dog 01-23-07 07:43 AM

Bellick is clearly the highlight, although I still find it very comical that he has already been convicted and sentenced to prison.

xVladx 01-23-07 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Bellick is clearly the highlight, although I still find it very comical that he has already been convicted and sentenced to prison.

Didn't he plead guilty?

Yes, it's fast, but I can buy it for the sake of the plot.

However, I still have trouble buying that he wouldn't have been put in protective custody, seeing as he was a guard at the very prison he's serving time in.