Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Twenty Four (24) *Season Premiere* -Day 6: 6:00 AM - 10:00 AM - 01/14/07 and 01/15/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) *Season Premiere* -Day 6: 6:00 AM - 10:00 AM - 01/14/07 and 01/15/07

Old 01-15-07, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
If you're the kind of person to knitcpick comic books, this show is not for you. Leave your brain at the door and enjoy.

Good to have Jack Back!

i agree you dont question this show, just sit back and have fun
Old 01-15-07, 11:15 AM

No problem here overlooking some of the lapses of reality. My only gripe is that when Jack Bauer says "Dont kill him, he is the wrong guy" why wouldn't they say "okay, good enough for me" The guy has saved the country countless times from terrorists yet they still refuse to listen to him... Geesh.

Great show. Psyched it's back.

Why is Wayne President?
Old 01-15-07, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by metman86
Why is Wayne President?
Unlucky, I guess.
Old 01-15-07, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 107 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I know I've seen this guy before but I'm drawing a blank..
Who was the FBI agent trying to get the employee files from Palmer's sister? I'm picturing him in a role with long hair.

Solid first two hours. Vampire Jack rules!
See post # 104. he was on Oz with long hair for many seasons.
Old 01-15-07, 11:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
No problem here overlooking some of the lapses of reality. My only gripe is that when Jack Bauer says "Dont kill him, he is the wrong guy" why wouldn't they say "okay, good enough for me" The guy has saved the country countless times from terrorists yet they still refuse to listen to him... Geesh.
Yup, seems to happen every year. New people don't give Jack the benefit of the doubt the first time out until they see for themselves. Wayne should know better.
Old 01-15-07, 11:39 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dgmayor
The Blonde FBI guy was also the pony-tailed guy in the bar from Good Will Hunting. How do you like them apples?
Thank you! That was driving me nuts... we looked so familiar but I couldn't figure out why.

Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
One shot deal. Apparently he's a fan of the show. Here's more:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6169776.stm
I pray the item they refer to in that article makes it to the DVD.
Old 01-15-07, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 184 Likes on 148 Posts
I could have sworn that was Star Trek: Voyager's Robert Duncan McNeill playing the one FBI guy...but I guess it was another actor.
Old 01-15-07, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
So, one second the door is shut, the next its slid wide open.

The end door on subway cars are hinged not sliders.

I'll have to rewatch it, but I'm pretty sure in the subway scene, it does not show them getting into the end car.
Old 01-15-07, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, regarding the problem with trusting Jack in this episode...

He's been tortured by the Chinese for two years. They don't know if they can trust him mentally. Plus, how would they know if the dude was telling Jack the truth, or just feeding him a line? And they don't know how Jack escaped...not an easy decision...
Old 01-15-07, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by maingon
i agree you dont question this show, just sit back and have fun
Best post in the whole thread.
Old 01-15-07, 12:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I saw these episodes already on the leaked DVD and saw two scenes I dont remember them showing last night. First one was when the kid tried to give Akkkkmed the friendship bracelet and second one was when Jack was being tortured and they stabbed him in the back (looked like it was around the kidney area) after they stabbed him in the shoulder.
Oh yeah and wasnt Stan the contractor (guy who beats up Akmed) the football player from Cant Buy Me Love?
Old 01-15-07, 12:25 PM
Cool New Member

Yeah, that was the guy. He used to fart all the time ( loved the scene where "cool" Ronald redirected him to fart in the car while his brother was hiding in the back ).

Originally Posted by JZ1276
I saw these episodes already on the leaked DVD and saw two scenes I dont remember them showing last night. First one was when the kid tried to give Akkkkmed the friendship bracelet and second one was when Jack was being tortured and they stabbed him in the back (looked like it was around the kidney area) after they stabbed him in the shoulder.
Oh yeah and wasnt Stan the contractor (guy who beats up Akmed) the football player from Cant Buy Me Love?
Old 01-15-07, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JZ1276
They did indeed show both scenes last night.

The first one was outside the door of the kid's home, in which Kumar said he couldn't take it because the kid might need it one day.

The second one did happen as well. They used... some sort of long, snake like device.
Old 01-15-07, 12:33 PM

Several questions ...

1. What the hell did Palmer give the Chinese for them to hand over Jack? Military, Economic, Etc. A future season storyline?

2. Why do they have a guy, at this point unknown as good or bad, that looks like Sen. Barack Obama in last nights episode? He's playing Palmer's sister; husband, boyfriend, friend with benefits.

3. Doesn't the FBI know, that those "shredded" files have backups somewhere? Either off-site data storage facility or on some form of media or another server.

4. And again, Sen. Barack Obama has a twin?

5. Did Jack have his lung punctured with that long device jammed into his back? If that was the case, he must have used some fix-a-flat from the trunk of the car he stole.

Last edited by testpattern; 01-15-07 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-15-07, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 632 Likes on 443 Posts
Originally Posted by bunkaroo
See post # 104. he was on Oz with long hair for many seasons.
Originally Posted by dgmayor
The Blonde FBI guy was also the pony-tailed guy in the bar from Good Will Hunting. How do you like them apples?
Good Will Hunting. That's it! I'd seen him in a few things, but the pony tail was what came to mind. Thank you.

Why is Wayne President?
I have no problems sitting back and enjoying the show. I turn the other way at plot holes and devices for the sake of edge of your seat entertainment but this one definitely bugs me. In the back of my mind I knew they wouldn't explain how Whayne is president, but I am still disappointed. Sympathy vote? Can't trust the democrats after Logan, so hit up the grieving Palmer family for someone unqualified to lead the country? Come on.

Also convenient that the whole Chinese cliffhanger/18 months of torture was solved in roughly 5 minutes. I had hopes for that plotline as well.

Oh well, it is season 6. I knew better than to expect rationale explanations.
Old 01-15-07, 12:38 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
best episode ever airing tonight.
Old 01-15-07, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,304 Posts
Who thought it was funny that the cell phone Jack used in the car he broke into happened to have the ability to log on and download a satelite image of Assad's location.

Great stuff, even though it was ridiculous as hell.
Old 01-15-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Just checked the futon critic and looks like 24's ratings were down from last season. 16% in households and 19% in the 18-49 bracket. That's very disappointing. Now I'm thinking those damn leaked episodes actually hurt the premiere.

NFL overrun and Deperate Housewives beat it for the top spots.

Hopefully tonight's episodes will fair better.
Old 01-15-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
That guy doesn't look anything like Barack Obama.
Old 01-15-07, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 184 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
Just checked the futon critic and looks like 24's ratings were down from last season. 16% in households and 19% in the 18-49 bracket. That's very disappointing. Now I'm thinking those damn leaked episodes actually hurt the premiere.

Yes, the DVD of the first four shows was out to A LOT of people, who no doubt shared it with a lot of other people.

RE: A question above. I too, wonder what President Palmer gave to the Chinese in exchange for Jack. I'm guessing we'll find out later this year or in a future season.

Also, is Bauer going to have those scars from now on...or do you think they'll magically disappear in Season 7? No problem with the back scars, since he can always keep his shirt on, but those hand scars are going to be a bitch for the make-up dept. should they have to apply them from now on.
Old 01-15-07, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 634 Likes on 514 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya

Oddly enough, a lot of people I talked to didn't realize it premiered last night, they thought it was Monday and Tuesday, not Sunday and Monday. I also think it was a mistake to launch it on the night before a national holiday, all the college kids were drinking, not watching tv. (Desperate Housewives also nosedived last night)

Last edited by RichC2; 01-15-07 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-15-07, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 139 Likes on 92 Posts
How does Nielson take into account recording shows with Tivo. I watched the episodes early, but my Tivo still recorded last night because of the season pass (so I rewatched the best parts and the rest on fast forward). Would that "count" if I were a Nielson family?

I guess the real test will be what are the ratings after this week--if there's a surge, leaking the episodes might prove to be a good thing.
Old 01-15-07, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by RichC2
Oddly enough, a lot of people I talked to didn't realize it premiered last night, they thought it was Monday and Tuesday, not Sunday and Monday. I also think it was a mistake to launch it on the night before a national holiday, all the college kids were drinking, not watching 24.
That's very odd....I guess those people you talked to don't watch FOX on a regular basis and haven't seen the millions of promos saying clearly "January 14th at 8pm"

But, that doesn't surprise me, no matter how many billboards and promos there are, there will always be 1 or 2 people who will claim they didn't know it was on.
Old 01-15-07, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by tasha99
How does Nielson take into account recording shows with Tivo. I watched the episodes early, but my Tivo still recorded last night because of the season pass (so I rewatched the best parts and the rest on fast forward). Would that "count" if I were a Nielson family?

I guess the real test will be what are the ratings after this week--if there's a surge, leaking the episodes might prove to be a good thing.
IIRC, they don't take DVRs into account, since people with DVRs are likely to skip the commercials. Also, unless you have a Nielsen box or have been contacted by them to be part of the ratings households, you aren't.
Old 01-15-07, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Remember, it's like 2011 or so in 24's timeline so maybe file shredding is quicker, traffic is lighter, injuries heal faster, things are more convenient, etc. in the future.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.