Smallville -- "Hydro" -- 01/11/07

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-07, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Smallville -- "Hydro" -- 01/11/07

"Hydro"
Spoiler:
When Lana confesses to Chloe that she has reservations about marrying Lex, a gossip columnist (Tori Spelling) runs a story detailing the conversation; Lois suspects that Oliver is the Green Arrow.

Originally Aired: January 11, 2007
Old 01-11-07, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tori Spelling guest stars and Tom Welling directs by the way. Next week's should be the high point of the season.
Old 01-11-07, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Let's just get it out of the way and call this episode a "filler".
Old 01-11-07, 04:55 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I just caught up with all of season 6 over the break and while the episodes for the most part have been good, I will not be satisfied until Lana dies a slow and painful death. She is lucky I'm not Clark or she would have tasted heat vision long ago.

Don't know about tonight, but the 2 episodes after tonight have a lot of potential

Spoiler:
Next week is the Justice League episode and the week after that the Martian Manhunter is back
Old 01-11-07, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrX
Spoiler:
Next week is the Justice League episode and the week after that the Martian Manhunter is back
There's an article in the TV guide about this but can anyone tell me why
Spoiler:
The Flash is not called The Flash? He is called something else
Old 01-11-07, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotham mention.

That will probably be the high point of the episode. Some poor acting just in the teaser already.
Old 01-11-07, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Besides the catfight (fun stuff), this episode has been very soapy.
Old 01-11-07, 08:04 PM

That was better than filler. And the "that Green Arrow could teach Ollie a thing or two" was one of the best scenes on the show in a while.

Also, interesting that they let Tori live...does that mean more Tori in future eps? Maybe a spinoff?
Old 01-11-07, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh my god.... who the hell is sick and tired of lana.....i was hoping clark would smash her head like a grape at one point
Old 01-11-07, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by raven56706
oh my god.... who the hell is sick and tired of lana.....i was hoping clark would smash her head like a grape at one point
They just keep on pounding the 'Will Clark tell her?' storyline over and over again. Argh.

I did like the episode though. It moved the storyline forward, which most Smallville filler episodes don't do. Next week though, I can't wait!
Old 01-11-07, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
This week it was Lois stretching in some tight exercise outfit. What will it be next week, her hopping around in lingerie?

Chloe egging Clark on about being a good kisser was pretty funny. I thought Tori's character would have a bigger part.

The Lana/Lex thing once again drags along. I mean, really, what's so fucking difficult about just having them being together and moving the hell on?
Old 01-11-07, 10:59 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

The scene with Chloe, Lois, and Clark after the kiss was pretty good. I guess that's as far as they can take a Lois/Clark relationship.

Can't wait for next week.
Old 01-11-07, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
This episode was way better than filler. It actually seemed like we got somewhere in the scheme of things. Lots of character building moments instead of big action this week.

The highlight for me was the smirk on Clarks face in the alley after Lois had kissed him. Welling played that perfect. I had a goofy grin on my face the whole time. The Chloe, Lois, Clark scene at the end was just icing on the cake.

I think the writers need to cut loose and just let Clark tell Lana. Can they seriously just go in circles on this forever? It would open up so many more possibilities.

Lastly, another episode with no Smallville(other than clark brooding in the barn). Kinda ironic at this point.
Old 01-12-07, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Why didn't Lois' hand hurt big time after she punched Green Arrow (aka Clark)?
Old 01-12-07, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
The writers of this show have absolutely destroyed the Lana character. I'm sure everyone hates her now, and for what?

Allison Mack/Chloe, again, is the best thing about this show. She comeplely killed in the scene where Lois was talking about the GA kiss. I am in constant fear that the writers are going to ruin her character as well. Or worse, kill her off.
Old 01-12-07, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
This one wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, but I agree with everyone else, this Clark keeping the secret from Lana deal is getting very old very quick.
Old 01-12-07, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ytrez
Allison Mack/Chloe, again, is the best thing about this show.
I suspect the writers know how valuable Chloe's character is. After all, she has been central since the very first season. More so than Lana. Lois is a waste of space and not even good eye candy.

This was an OK episode, it did feel a bit like filler, but still a fun way to spend 43 minutes.
Old 01-12-07, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Ayre
I suspect the writers know how valuable Chloe's character is. After all, she has been central since the very first season. More so than Lana. Lois is a waste of space and not even good eye candy.

This was an OK episode, it did feel a bit like filler, but still a fun way to spend 43 minutes.
What concerns me though is that they've set it up where Chloe is essentially there to hack into a computer and get Clark any info he need to complete his mission. Lana, on the other hand, they've established to carry the dramatic and emotional aspects of the series. Well, at least that was the intent. Given that all they've done is make her annoying, fickle, contradictory, selfish, (did I say annoying?) they've successfully killed the romance/emotional aspect for me.

Basically what I'm afraid of is that they see Lana as the more important of the two.

Hell they killed of Pa Kent, and I was all for it if it did something to advance Clark's character, but it really hasn't done much. (Personally I think they should have waited and used Pa's death to push Clark into his role as Superman, but that's just me.) What excuse do they need to write off Chloe?

And I still miss Pete
Old 01-12-07, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Hell they killed of Pa Kent, and I was all for it if it did something to advance Clark's character, but it really hasn't done much. (Personally I think they should have waited and used Pa's death to push Clark into his role as Superman, but that's just me.)
I agree... that event should have ended the series.

Personally, I think Lana should have stayed dead in episode 100.
Old 01-12-07, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a feeling that Lana is going to die at the end of the series and drive Lex to villainy and Clark to superheroism at the same time. I wouldn't care too much if I was Clark though.
Old 01-12-07, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Basically what I'm afraid of is that they see Lana as the more important of the two.
Nah, They spend a lot of time with Chloe each episode. Lana is only around to drive the Lex arc now. She used to be much more central. With the Lois character floundering, there isn't much left.

Look they even brought Jimmy in to fuel Chloe's story. He was a great addition.

They know Chloe is the fan favorite and she even gets more face time than anyone but Clark. The producers/directors/writers have clearly tapped her ability to change emotions quickly. How many times have we watched her smile shatter to pieces.

Years ago I posted that I thought Alison Mack was one of the best actresses on TV .... I still maintain that. I was smacked down pretty hard when I posted it.
Old 01-12-07, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
Gotham mention.

That will probably be the high point of the episode. Some poor acting just in the teaser already.
In what context did they mention Gotham? It figures, the one time Tivo cut off the first 10 minutes of an ep... I'm sure it was short and incidental, but still it would have given this die hard Batfan a tickle.

Doc
Old 01-12-07, 03:22 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Speeling's character mentioned she could see Gotham from her office when she was talking to Chloe.
Old 01-12-07, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MrX
Speeling's character mentioned she could see Gotham from her office when she was talking to Chloe.
Yep.

I just hope they know they're setting up some disappointment in some fans who may not know any better that Bruce will most likely never be on the show. When a show keeps mentioning something over and over again, it usually means it's leading somewhere.

Or maybe it IS leading somewhere?
Old 01-12-07, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MrX
Gracias. Was this just mentioned as an exageration? As in "My office is so high up with such a great view I could see to Gotham! " Or was this meant literally?

Metropolis being located in Kansas is rediculous enough, but for Gotham to be in the midwest? Utter foolishness.

Doc

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.