Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

24 - Season 6, Episodes 1-4 leaked

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 - Season 6, Episodes 1-4 leaked

Old 01-08-07, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clemente
I may just avoid the Internet for the next week so someone doesn't spoil those first 4 hours for me.
Wow. You entered this thread NOT wanting to be spoiled? Silly decision, then.
Old 01-08-07, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 708 Likes on 501 Posts
Originally Posted by Robertwoj
Wow. You entered this thread NOT wanting to be spoiled? Silly decision, then.
True, but per DVDtalk rules, if the show hasn't aired yet there should be no spoilers in any thread. I don't want to be spoiled either but everyone is doing a good job in this thread so far.

After all it is a discussion about the leak, not an episode discussion thread. Half the posts are now off topic in that regard and jumping the gun.
Old 01-08-07, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 94 Likes on 65 Posts
I'm waiting 'til Sunday, dammit!
Old 01-08-07, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

6 more days.

Lock the door, unplug the phone, turn off the computer, and maybe order pizza and enjoy 24 being back.

And just for the sack of it, I'll say 'Dammit! We're running out of time!', and it's a good thing.
Old 01-08-07, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Frankly, I think it is stupid to be mad about spoilers in a thread on that subject. If it isn't in the title, it is the user's own fault for clicking on the link if they didn't want to know. It also wouldn't be OK to tell a spoiler in a thread about another topic (Ex: in an ER thread and somebody tells Jack buys a Honda in ep2).
Old 01-08-07, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why is no one talking about what I and the rest of North America needs to know? Just HOW hot 'n' sexy is Chloe in these episodes and is there an inordinate amount of nudity?
Old 01-08-07, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by wergo
hot 'n' sexy is Chloe
Somehow I doubt these words are used much in the same sentence.
Old 01-08-07, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

isn't the cast of the show on Larry King tonight?!
Old 01-08-07, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by musick
isn't the cast of the show on Larry King tonight?!
Tomorrow night (1/9) they are on.
Old 01-08-07, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've just seen the first episode, and I have to say that I'm really enjoying it almost exponentially more than the vastly overrated Season 5. This is 24 getting back to it's Season One roots: less action, yes, but more compelling drama - and that's far more satsfying than any number of episodes packed wall-to-wall with chases, shootouts, or torture.

Also,
Spoiler:
not sure how realistic or feasible Jack's end of the episode kill was, but by god if it wasn't satisfying and original! reminds me of the kill in Godfather III with the glasses being stabbed into the guy's neck. Up there with the best Bauer kills (though nothing yet has topped Drazen in 1.24 for me)
Old 01-09-07, 01:11 AM

I just finished these and all is can say is... "wow."

I agree with hardercore that there is some truly compelling drama in these episodes in addition to the insane action. I was literally on the edge of my seat for the entire four hours.

Though this series has been through some rough spots, last season was spectacular and these 4 episodes are truly some of the most ridiculously entertaining things I've ever seen broadcast. Seriously.
Old 01-09-07, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 94 Likes on 65 Posts
DAMMIT! Sunday can't get here fast enough. Sadly we're not running out of time

I LOVED S5, and EVERYWHERE I read these 4 episodes blow S5 out of the water.

In the past 2.5 months I watched Seasons 1-5 of 24 and managed to stay spoiler-free for the most part. I finish it off yesterday morning and think I FINALLY can go around without fear of being spoilered, and now THIS happens

Last edited by GatorDeb; 01-09-07 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-09-07, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Okay, note to self...
Spoiler:
never act like a total bitch by pursuing a personal vendetta. It killed Tony last year and now Curtis is a victim of it. They shouldn't have relegated him to "Guest Star" status though. I had a feeling that not being credited as a regular was bad news for him.
Old 01-10-07, 12:47 PM

Do you ever think season 6 will ever have time to:
Spoiler:
Explain what happened to Jack during that 20 months? What the President had to give up for Jack? And will the Chinese ever come to look for Jack again?
Old 01-10-07, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Spoiler:

The stupid train fight brought me out of the whole thing. Jack's been locked up for months, presumably without training, his hand is disfigured, but he's able to shit kick the terrorist. Has he even had a decent meal yet? And then he's running all over without breaking a sweat, this is worse than his drug addiction or him dieing and coming back to laugh. Should we be expecting more chest pains at the end of this season?
Old 01-10-07, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone have an animated GIF of the digital "24" number appearing that opens the show?

If so, please post it. Thanks.
Old 01-10-07, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by gongon78
Do you ever think season 6 will ever have time to:
Spoiler:
Explain what happened to Jack during that 20 months? What the President had to give up for Jack? And will the Chinese ever come to look for Jack again?
I think the Season 6 prequel on the Season 5 DVD set is the closest we'll get. Cheng Zhi does mention that
Spoiler:
Jack hasn't spoken the entire time he was held in captivity.
As for what the exchange cost the President, I hope that does factor into the storyline in some way. It sounded like it was quite a lot.
Old 01-10-07, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe the president will try to return Jack at the end of the season, but he lost the receipt and instead goes to Walmart to return him and we will have Jack Bauer toys on the shelves of walmarts around the globe.
Old 01-10-07, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Any sign of Kim Bauer showing up yet? I could have sworn I saw her quickly in the promo.

Old 01-10-07, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Any sign of Kim Bauer showing up yet? I could have sworn I saw her quickly in the promo.
If her Season 5 disaster of an appearance was any indication, I don't think we'll be seeing Kim for a very long time. Sucks for C. Thomas Howell fans unfortunately.
Old 01-10-07, 04:03 PM
Banned

Wow, you people are so damn cool you watched the first 4 episodes, can I shake your hand? WOW, some people even got the dvd, that is so damn impressive, you guys rule! Me, I can wait until the premiere...
Old 01-10-07, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
I think the Season 6 prequel on the Season 5 DVD set is the closest we'll get. Cheng Zhi does mention that
Spoiler:
Jack hasn't spoken the entire time he was held in captivity.
As for what the exchange cost the President, I hope that does factor into the storyline in some way. It sounded like it was quite a lot.
I hope not, because that's pretty lame.

Spoiler:
If anyone watched the 1st 4 episodes, it seems the Chinese has done a great deal to Jack get information. Season 5 finale has them saying how 'valuable' Jack is. There must be something they want, and the things they've done to Jack has really made an impact mentally, and we can see it in those NEW episodes. I hope there's going to be more than what was on the DVD, because that didn't mean anything at all.

Wildo1966: If I were you, I'd wait. If you have an HDTV, I suggest you wait. Trust me, it's worth it. This is probably the first time where almost everyone agrees it's the BEST 4 hours of 24, hands down. I'll be watching it again on HDTV this Sunday, where my family is host a '24 pizza night'.

Last edited by gongon78; 01-10-07 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-11-07, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Wildo1966
Wow, you people are so damn cool you watched the first 4 episodes, can I shake your hand? WOW, some people even got the dvd, that is so damn impressive, you guys rule! Me, I can wait until the premiere...
thanks for sharing.
Old 01-11-07, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I watched four of them last night, and agree, they were great episodes.

Spoiler:
The guy that plays the mad scientist that detonates the bomb is actually a comedian from where I live, and often talks with a goofy accent, so seeing him as a terrorist was totally off the wall for me. Two bad he only got two episodes
Old 01-11-07, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One thing that really impressed me about these four eps was their video quality. Not HDTV, but not far off either.

Wonder why some shows get high quality captures like this whereas other shows (notably Galactica) get incredibly shitty captures?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.