Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Beauty & the Geek premieres on Wed Jan 3, 2007 on the CW

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Beauty & the Geek premieres on Wed Jan 3, 2007 on the CW

Old 01-18-07, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was interesting to watch JennyLee when Niels wouldn't let her have her way. If she's that quick to sulk around with emotional outbursts when things don't go her way, and just turns into a 5 year old girl, it makes you wonder what she's like when real adversity comes her way.
Old 01-18-07, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Finisher
Oh, I think Jennylee was being sarcastic with the "I'm cooler than you" comment...

that moment between Niels and Nate was pretty cool. Niels was crying! I was touched! Then Cece and whoever else laughed. Bitches.
Old 01-18-07, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was really bumed that Ceci won. I would have love to see Andrea keep trying to win. I'm pulling for Mario and Nadia now.
Old 01-18-07, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

As long as Nadia or Erin's team wins, I'd be okay with it. No Megan or Cece or JennyLee, please.
Old 01-18-07, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 132 Likes on 90 Posts
Seems like the guys handled their auction dates fairly well. Drew asked his date about travel and when the date mentioned she had been to Chicago he asked her if she had been to Michigan Avenue.

I felt sorry for Nate, his date reminded me of the girl in "Coming to America" who wanted to act and direct and direct her own movies that she would act in.

Now that it's all blonde on the beauties side I imagine they will try to weed out Nadia and Erin. It's a shame that Cece, Megan, and JennyLee are not even trying to broaden their horizons and gain something from this experience.
Old 01-18-07, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wishbon3
I felt sorry for Nate, his date reminded me of the girl in "Coming to America" who wanted to act and direct and direct her own movies that she would act in.

Originally Posted by wishbon3
Now that it's all blonde on the beauties side I imagine they will try to weed out Nadia and Erin. It's a shame that Cece, Megan, and JennyLee are not even trying to broaden their horizons and gain something from this experience.
well, they are playing to their stereotypes quite well, in that regard.
Old 01-18-07, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 200 Likes on 138 Posts
Well I don't feel this show is as rigged as it was last year, I am still enjoying this year a lot more. The catfights looked to be really hyped up the next few weeks. I hope if they continue this show next year, I hope the creators really evaluate the contestants among the women, these women only appear to be on the show for a vacation from everyday life and nothing more.
Old 01-18-07, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I hope if they continue this show next year, I hope the creators really evaluate the contestants among the women...
I was just thinking, would it throw too many people for a loop if they came back next year and the "beauties" were men and the "geeks" were women. It'd be different.
Old 01-18-07, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would like that. There is some geeky hotness out there. Has to be. But aren't guys less likely to fall for the nerdy chick? I mean, "hot" guys? Men are obviously wired to be more visual than women. I'm not sure it would work. Jennylee can be attracted to Nate, but "Brad Pitt" cannot be attracted to, say, "Mac" on Veronica Mars? Anyone else have some examples?
Old 01-18-07, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think the total make-over for geeky gals would be pretty neat to see.
Old 01-18-07, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

prime example. remember when Ginnifer Goodwin was that really nerdy girl on "ed"? And now, on "Big Love", damn. Well, now in general, damn.
Old 01-18-07, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 301 Likes on 245 Posts
The girls didn't have to do shit for their challenge.

I wish Andrea had won - would have made things more interesting next week. Plus she was the most attractive girl - great tits, great legs, pretty face.

Jennylee is really annoying. at Niels not knowing his date's name at the end of the date.
Old 01-18-07, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Brent_MN
I would like that. There is some geeky hotness out there. Has to be. But aren't guys less likely to fall for the nerdy chick? I mean, "hot" guys? Men are obviously wired to be more visual than women. I'm not sure it would work. Jennylee can be attracted to Nate, but "Brad Pitt" cannot be attracted to, say, "Mac" on Veronica Mars? Anyone else have some examples?
Come on, they could get "Brad Pitt" looking guys and really geeky girls and as long as they aren't fat and there's a little alcohol in the house, the men will bone the girls.

And if the Brad Pitt wasn't famous and he was on this show, at the ages these people are and Tina Majorino was the same age and on the show, Brad would totally do her.

Nothing gets in the way of the wiring that a man will "hit" just about anything that breathes. Except fatties. Those are left for unattractive men.
Old 01-18-07, 08:12 PM

I actually thought Mario looked better before the makeover. He could have shortened the sideburns but his hair didn't look good.

I was laughing my ass off at the song they kept playing when Niels was getting his makeover.
Old 01-18-07, 09:03 PM

I actually thought Mario looked better before the makeover. He could have shortened the sideburns but his hair didn't look good.
Agreed. He got a total Dudley Moore cut.
Old 01-18-07, 10:29 PM

Damn do I hate Cecille, it's too bad she's paired up with Nate because he seems like a pretty cool dude.
Old 01-18-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by takingchase
Damn do I hate Cecille, it's too bad she's paired up with Nate because he seems like a pretty cool dude.
Well, to be fair, Nate is less a 'geek' than he is bohemian, and before AND after the makeover you could totally see him dating some hot hippie/artist chick.
Old 01-19-07, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What was the ridiculous song that was playing during the makeovers? Myself and my wife cracked up laughing at it.
Old 01-19-07, 08:32 AM

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
What was the ridiculous song that was playing during the makeovers? Myself and my wife cracked up laughing at it.
Yeah, I'd like to know this as well. I might sneak it on my wife's phone as a gag ringtone.
Old 01-19-07, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Groucho
Yeah, I'd like to know this as well. I might sneak it on my wife's phone as a gag ringtone.
Its called the Ding Dong Song by Gunther and the Sunshine girls. Yeah that was pretty damn funny, I just downloaded it from itunes.
Old 01-19-07, 01:45 PM

You have to check out the video for the Ding Dong Song! Hot chicks and a mullet.....

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/dingdingdong.html
Old 01-24-07, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well tonight seemed like quite a fun episode, its nice to see everyone is starting to hate cecile. I wonder what the big twist will be next week, maybe Andrea will comeback. Hated to see Drew and Erin go as the both seemed to embrace what the show is really about.
Old 01-25-07, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Well tonight seemed like quite a fun episode, its nice to see everyone is starting to hate cecile. I wonder what the big twist will be next week, maybe Andrea will comeback. Hated to see Drew and Erin go as the both seemed to embrace what the show is really about.
That's 3 consecutive weeks where nice players (women) who I would have preferred to stay in the house have gone home instead. The first 1 was vs. Andrea, so it wasn't so bad.

I really can't stand 3 of the 4 women left and 2 of them are not even attractive. Cecille, the body with no head that made the remark about being in the mile high club. JennyLee is attractive, but after the Andrea incident I wanted her to go home tonight.

Has it been mentioned in this thread that they've gone from getting 3 questions to 2 each this season? Anyone speculate on why the change? What would taking away 1 question really do to help the show? I'd liked it better with 3 questions. If you fell behind early, you had a better chance of coming back.
Old 01-25-07, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll miss Erin's big eyes, and music video moves.
Old 01-25-07, 07:17 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Joshua
You have to check out the video for the Ding Dong Song! Hot chicks and a mullet.....

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/dingdingdong.html
Man, I've had that MP3 for a long time. That and the Pet Shop Boys "Opportunities (Let's make lots of money)".

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.