DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Cook Islands - 11/23/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/484273-survivor-cook-islands-11-23-06-a.html)

auto 11-21-06 05:25 PM

Survivor: Cook Islands - 11/23/06

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5...toryxm1ix1.jpg
thanks devilshalo!

Episode 10:

Title:
Spoiler:
Why Would You Trust Me?

Spoiler:
The two tribes merge into one; another castaway must leave the island.

treszoks 11-21-06 05:29 PM

Thursday is apparently coming sooner and sooner each week heh.

brainee 11-21-06 06:32 PM

Crud ...

Spoiler:
the very fact that this poll has individual names and not tribes spoils the fact that the merge happen this episode. I know the merge was coming up soon, but I usually count on not getting any spoilers (at least without clicking on a spoiler tab) in these voting threads that go up before the show.

Silt 11-21-06 08:02 PM

Watching Survivor while munching down an overloaded plate of turkey day leftovers...easily one of my favorite TV nights of the year.

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 11-21-06 08:13 PM

the commercial for this episode spoils that

Spoiler:
there is a merge, since it shows them on poles doing an individual challenge

kinetic 11-22-06 04:27 AM

wow this thread just spoiled the ep for me ;\

auto 11-22-06 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by brainee
Crud ...

Spoiler:
the very fact that this poll has individual names and not tribes spoils the fact that the merge happen this episode. I know the merge was coming up soon, but I usually count on not getting any spoilers (at least without clicking on a spoiler tab) in these voting threads that go up before the show.

Originally Posted by kinetic
wow this thread just spoiled the ep for me ;\

Spoiler:
I'm sorry if you think this thread ruined the ep for you but the reason we moved to individual poll choices is because there are now under ten contestants (you can only have ten poll choices). Last week we had eleven contestants or I would have started the individual poll then. It has nothing to do with the merge. I understand where you're coming from though and I'm sorry.

Also, I oopsed and started this thread on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. Turkey Day's got me all screwed up. Sorry again. :shrug:

mookiemeister 11-23-06 08:50 AM

How come the poll is already closed? The show isn't on for for another 10 hours or so.

I want Jonathan to be voted out next. I don't like how he stole the chicken in the first episode, how he jumped to another tribe at first chance, and how so many of his teammates don't trust him. But I think Nathan is the outsider in Raro and will be voted out next.

Boot 11-23-06 09:39 AM

The poll in this thread spoiled this week's ep. Why even bother going on? What possible reason could any of us have to continue living? I say we start a suicide pact. Who's with me?

Anybody? Anybody?

You want to wait until after turkey? Okay, but after turkey we definitely commit mass suicide.

What's that? Oh...well, good point. I usually like to take a nap after dinner as well. Okay, but after turkey and a nap, it's mass suicide time.

Does 5-ish work for your guys?

John-In-VA 11-23-06 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Boot
The poll in this thread spoiled this week's ep. Why even bother going on? What possible reason could any of us have to continue living? I say we start a suicide pact. Who's with me?

Anybody? Anybody?

You want to wait until after turkey? Okay, but after turkey we definitely commit mass suicide.

What's that? Oh...well, good point. I usually like to take a nap after dinner as well. Okay, but after turkey and a nap, it's mass suicide time.

Does 5-ish work for your guys?

I'm in. I can't go on living.

mugwump 11-23-06 03:05 PM

I don't know, is that 5 EST? I'm out west and there's no way I can get my act together quick enough to off myself at 2 PM my time.

If I have to watch one more "Survivor" commercial featuring the "we haven't brushed our teeth in weeks" All-American lovebirds making out I'm afraid I'll upchuck.

aktick 11-23-06 08:27 PM

Awesome episode! :p

Too bad that 'cat' Nate is gone, 'dog.' Now if they can just get Adam out (I'm guessing he'll be the next on the chopping block?), the english language might not continue to be destroyed.

Patman 11-23-06 08:43 PM

Haha, this is why people tune in, to see people get blindsided after being so confident before the vote of their safety.

brainee 11-23-06 09:03 PM

I know the challenges are supposed to be pre-determined and all but I have to :lol: and giving Monkey Boy a "hang on a pole" challenge at this critical moment. You just knew that he could've stayed up there for days. Hell, he could probably feed himself on the pole by snagging birds out of the air.

Great to see the betrayal -- though Nate would've been going home anyway. This way, Yul (I think we saw 4 different spellings on the ballots -- were any of them right?) gets to keep the idol. Really in strong shape now. Yeah, the game might be predictable going the other way now but the Raro guys are so unpleasant I think I might stop watching for the season if they were all that was left. I love Jonathan's "who? me?" look with Candice glaring at him, and Yul's nod of approval. Yul's absolutely right ... Jonathan's the ultimate Final Two partner. No one loses to him ... not even close.

auto 11-23-06 09:04 PM

Brilliant move by Yul. He controls the game and keeps his immunity idol. Great ep.

dolphinboy 11-23-06 09:13 PM

Just based on the history of the game, I was really pissed that 2 members of the other tribe went last week because it seemed like a stunt that allowed something like tonight to happen.

But that other tribe is so lame that I don't even feel interested in discussing whether it was a good thing or a bad thing.

The one group of 4 has played harder and thought about the game so much better that I'm happy they're being rewarded for it.

I like(d) Candance and I don't care about showmances, but you better be able to think and play. Candace fought hard for immunity and I credit her for that but Adam just seems like a complete moron. When he took the lead in not even listening to the possibility that Yul might have the secret idol he became one of the dumbest players to play the game and Candace kind of followed his lead and she doesn't appear to have a brain either.

It was reasonable to think he might have it and they should have given this one to Jonathan. Now they're history, although they suck so it's all for the best.

Anyone smart enough to think through what might have happened if Jonathan went back to Candace and the others, told them he saw Yul show him the idol, and he would have to flip if they didn't do something else because he feared he'd have the next highest vote count...what might have happened?

brainee 11-23-06 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Candace fought hard for immunity and I credit her for that but Adam just seems like a complete moron. When he took the lead in not even listening to the possibility that Yul might have the secret idol he became one of the dumbest players to play the game and Candace kind of followed his lead and she doesn't appear to have a brain either.

You can tell that's where they lost Jonathan too. He was hanging that idea (Yul with the HII) out there, and they were so dense about it (wasn't Candice going on and on about how smart Yul was ... but why not give him credit for being smart enough to find the HII?). At that moment Jonathan must have thought: "These guys are idiots ... I better go back to Aitu and take my chances there."

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Anyone smart enough to think through what might have happened if Jonathan went back to Candace and the others, told them he saw Yul show him the idol, and he would have to flip if they didn't do something else because he feared he'd have the next highest vote count...what might have happened?

Well, if Jonathan ratted out to Adam and co that Yul had the HII I would think the smart thing is to just vote for one of the Aitu girls (Becky or Sundra). Worse case scenario (for them) is that Ozzy wins again next time. Then take out the other girl. Then its 5-2. If Ozzy wins again, you have to turn on one of the alliance (probably do a 3-2 split with 3 of you going for Yul and other 2 turning on one of your own like Jonathan or Nate). Then it's 4-2, the HII is out of play, and you still have numbers forcing Ozzy and Yul to win out or go home.

Of course, that's the smart thing ... it's unlikely Adam and friends would've gone along with it.

BDB 11-24-06 12:48 AM

I loved the look on Adam's face when Nate was voted off, just an oh fuck!! look.

Classic.

DRG 11-24-06 01:01 AM

I'm not a fan of Jonathan, but in his defense he did try to give them a chance by trying to steer them away from voting for Yul and put the ideas in their heads that Yul may have the hidden immunity (without going as far as to admit he KNEW Yul had it). They just didn't bite at all. In the long run it will surely be a bad move on his part as he now has NO friendly faces in the jury, but otherwise he probably wouldn't even HAVE a long run. No point in being the sacrificial lamb for his alliance so they can essentially strip Yul of his idol.

ckw4b 11-24-06 01:47 AM

Yul played it perfectly tonight. He got to keep the hidden immunity idol and swing the scales of power.

Can you give the hidden immunity idol to someone else to save them?

Chauzer 11-24-06 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by ckw4b

Can you give the hidden immunity idol to someone else to save them?

yep

DeadLamb 11-24-06 03:09 AM

I thought it was a little funny that nate was going on and on in the post vote farewell talk about Jonathan this and that when Nate's group had ZERO plans to keep Jonathan around anyways. Early in the day even, Nate had brushed off any ideas Jonathan had about voting and again mention "He is already dead" to others as far as voting Jonathan off..

So don't act like the guy was really part of the team when you planned to kick him anyways...

that one group has been way too cocky about their voting numbers, never even bothering to think of different scenarios of "what if" as tonight really proved when Jonathan even tried to suggest Yul has the idol. At the least, hear the guy out, not like you have anything else to do there but sit around talking..

next ep, is do or die for Adam as far as the immunity challenge goes or he is gone..

Patman 11-24-06 03:34 AM

The editing gave the ending away because they kept showing clips of an over-confident Nate yammering about the numbers, and never entertaining the thought that once a defector, always a double-agent possibility.

shanester 11-24-06 03:52 AM

Isn't Candace a pre-med student??. Let's hope she'll be a better doctor than she is at playing this game -screwy-

Yul and Ozzy all the way :thumbsup:

TyroneJordan 11-24-06 06:23 AM

They def. can't blame Jonathan for his move. Not only was it flip or go home, he also showed compassion and genuinely wanted to keep the white people in the game. He's one of the most decent human beings on the show, although he's so hated.

Second, I can't wait for the white people to be voted out. Seriously, a final 4 with Adam Parvati and Candace in it would've made for horrible, horrible television.

Finally, when it does get to the final 4, assuming Jonathan is voted out by then, Yul will HAVE to vote out Ozzy. The final challenge is always an endurance challenge, and seeing Ozzy perch up that pole like a monkey shows that Ozzy will win any endurance challenge that Survivor can put in front of him. And I wonder just how loyal Yul will stay with Becky in the end, because it's a certain win if he takes Jonathan with him.