Twikoff
0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Cook Islands - 11/23/06

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-06, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't like Jonathon either, but at least he was thinking. He did the best thing for him, which is the whole point of the game. I had to laugh at the previews for next week, as

Spoiler:
it shows Jonathon's old tribe yelling at him for switching sides again, then it shows Jonathon sitting down eating with Yul and the gang, while the ones that were just shown yelling at him saying it isn't fair that he won't feed them anymore. I am starting to get more and more respect for Jonathon.
Old 11-24-06, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yul is one of the smartest players ever on Survivor. Unfortunately he also has a huge target on his back. Ozzy is the other target, but he's superhuman. I wonder how this is going to play out.

I loved the look on Parvati's face. In an instant she went from smug certainty to trying to determine if she is first, second, or third to go at this point. It couldn't happen to a more deserving manipulative bitch.

On the upside, I bet she does Playboy before the end of 2007. Maybe Candice will join her to pay off her med school loans.
Old 11-24-06, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a question about how the hidden immunity work. Can the person with hidden immunity give it to another person after the vote is revealed? Or does the person has to decide who to give the immunity before the vote? I'm just wondering why Jonathan didn't try to convince his tribe to vote out Becky or Sundra (Ozzy won the immunity challenge so he can't be voted out) so Yul wouldn't know who to give the hidden immunity to.
Old 11-24-06, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by brainee

Well, if Jonathan ratted out to Adam and co that Yul had the HII I would think the smart thing is to just vote for one of the Aitu girls (Becky or Sundra). Worse case scenario (for them) is that Ozzy wins again next time. Then take out the other girl. Then its 5-2. If Ozzy wins again, you have to turn on one of the alliance (probably do a 3-2 split with 3 of you going for Yul and other 2 turning on one of your own like Jonathan or Nate). Then it's 4-2, the HII is out of play, and you still have numbers forcing Ozzy and Yul to win out or go home.

Of course, that's the smart thing ... it's unlikely Adam and friends would've gone along with it.

Yeah, I really didn't know why Jonathan didn't pursue this course. This was best way to avoid having pissed off everyone in the game.

Regardless, this was the first time this season (which has been a snooze-fest) that I was riveted by an episode.
Old 11-24-06, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by mookiemeister
I have a question about how the hidden immunity work. Can the person with hidden immunity give it to another person after the vote is revealed? Or does the person has to decide who to give the immunity before the vote? I'm just wondering why Jonathan didn't try to convince his tribe to vote out Becky or Sundra (Ozzy won the immunity challenge so he can't be voted out) so Yul wouldn't know who to give the hidden immunity to.

I'm guessing that you must physically possess the Idol at the time the vote is revealed.
Old 11-24-06, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
I'm guessing that you must physically possess the Idol at the time the vote is revealed.
Jeff: And the next person voted out is ... Becky!

Yul: Look everyone! There's a bunch of naked Island women standing over there!

*Yul quickly exchanges the HII to Becky*

Yul: Sorry ... they must've gotten scared and run away.

Becky: Look what I have! *pulls out the HII*
Old 11-24-06, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Regardless, this was the first time this season (which has been a snooze-fest) that I was riveted by an episode.
Totally agree. Last night things started getting interesting. If they can keep this up the next few weeks, this season might not be a total loss.
Old 11-24-06, 06:02 PM

Loved this episode! Johnathan made the right play I think..though either way he went, he's #5 in a 5 person alliance. Would have been interesting if he would have went ahead and voted for Yul though...then he could have flushed out the Idol and Nate still goes home. Can just go ahead and pencil in Yul into the final 4 now. Between his alliance and the Idol, he's not going anywhere for a while.

Can't wait for next week's show!
Old 11-24-06, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG
it will surely be a bad move on his part as he now has NO friendly faces in the jury
He's vying to be the runner up.

And that's fine--2nd place money is better than no money.

Being the final's sacrificial lamb with 0% chance to win still is financially better than being voted out now.
Old 11-24-06, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, my theory in last episode's post was shot due to the merge, but I'm relatively happy w/ the outcome in this one.

As much as I wanted either Adam or Candace to go home, I'm perfectly fine with Nate. Like I said, I don't know why so many people liked him or thought he was "harmless." I said before that I thought he was condescending and smug and this episode was priceless. He's also very very stupid, considering the fact that he thought that "me, parvartii, and adam definitely have a strong alliance. I don't know about Jonathan and Candace. They're on the outside." Or something along those lines. How stupid can you be to not see that Adam and Candace have the strongest alliance? He also said something about loyalties to his "original tribe" referring to raro before the merge and mutiny - uumm, didn't he see THREE of his "original" tribemates get booted out by the White people? Someone that stupid had to go home.
Old 11-25-06, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts
Originally Posted by DeadLamb
next ep, is do or die for Adam as far as the immunity challenge goes or he is gone..
And judging by his performance so far, we can guess how that'll go.

Originally Posted by mytzplyx
How stupid can you be to not see that Adam and Candace have the strongest alliance? He also said something about loyalties to his "original tribe" referring to raro before the merge and mutiny - uumm, didn't he see THREE of his "original" tribemates get booted out by the White people? Someone that stupid had to go home.
Agreed. He should have seen what happened at the last council and hooked up with Ozzy at the first opportunity.

Hmm, I recorded the Early Show today for the Survivor interview but I guess that's on Monday instead.
Old 11-25-06, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yul was on the poll spouting off random mass and elephant facts but they couldn't entertain the possibility that he could find the idol in the "little amount of time" that he was there? AND they were voting him off because he's smart. Brilliant just brilliant. No wonder Jonathon did what he did. Why even bother playing the game with such morons? Adam is too busy talking about how there is two sides of him to cuddle with to even think a coherent strategy. Parvati is too busy flashing her extra teeth and thinking up a new angry look for Tribal Council while Candice is too busy letting downstairs dictate her gameplay in a game that pays $1,000,000 to the winner. That brings me to Nate. The guy's lines were so full of himself and downright silly that I did have to laugh at his ouster. His Jonathon tirade was great too since he should blame himself and the rest of the idiots on his tribe for their own shortsightedness. Jonathon probably would have stuck with them if they at least thought about the possibility of Yul having the idol. Just awesome the way it worked out.

About next week's show:
Spoiler:
I liked the potential for drama that they showed with Candice and Jonathon. I hope it leads to more Candice crying about the people she cares about along with them blowing up the reasons they joined the other tribe.
Old 11-25-06, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Silt
Loved this episode! Johnathan made the right play I think..though either way he went, he's #5 in a 5 person alliance. Would have been interesting if he would have went ahead and voted for Yul though...then he could have flushed out the Idol and Nate still goes home. Can just go ahead and pencil in Yul into the final 4 now. Between his alliance and the Idol, he's not going anywhere for a while.

Can't wait for next week's show!
I also thought about what you said that if he voted for Yul to flush the idol AND get rid of Nate but then realized that it wouldn't have been a good move for him since he would almost certainly get all four votes from Aitu and then would have to square off against Yul or Ozzy in a competition (fire or whatever they have this goaround) to save his fate and that of his tribe (provided of course that he doesn't win immunity). Not really feasible on his side.

It was also a strong move for him to switch because if he lasts to Final 5 (and at this point I don't see Aitu sellling him out, they will want Adam gone next, don't trust Candice at all, and I doubt they will get suckered into the wiles of Parvati's "charms", the only chance they will have is if Ozzy gets desparate) he has a better chance at swinging Final 3 by latching onto either Yul/Becky or Ozzy/Sundra that he would of doing the same with Candice/Adam & Nate/Parvati. At least Yul and Ozzy think about the game. Once Jonathon gets to the Final 3 anything can happen. Well, besides for winning endgame but still..
Old 11-25-06, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know what will happen, but what I do know is that I will be very very very very disappointed if any of the "Aitu 4" flip and go to Adam/Candice/Pavartti.
Old 11-25-06, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
I loved the look on Parvati's face. In an instant she went from smug certainty to trying to determine if she is first, second, or third to go at this point. It couldn't happen to a more deserving manipulative bitch.

On the upside, I bet she does Playboy before the end of 2007. Maybe Candice will join her to pay off her med school loans.
I would LOVE to see Parvati do Playboy and I can see her doing it too.
Old 11-26-06, 05:32 PM

No wonder Adam is in Copier Sales. He was probably one of the good-looking but stupid jocks who would never amount to anything.

I wish Ozzy gets the money. He's a waiter, and $500,000 might even let him retire.
Old 11-26-06, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Half a million wouldn't go very far at his age.
Old 11-27-06, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by TyroneJordan
No wonder Adam is in Copier Sales. He was probably one of the good-looking but stupid jocks who would never amount to anything.
As opposed to Ozzy, who amounted to a waiter?
Old 11-27-06, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nate bitching about Jonathan. Nate did the same damn thing to Brad a few weeks ago.

Spoiler:
From the preview, it looks like the days of Jonathan breaking his back to feed those douchebags (Adam, Candice, and Parvati) are over.

I like both Yul and Ozzie but find myself rooting a little more for Ozzy.
Old 11-27-06, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy
I would LOVE to see Parvati do Playboy and I can see her doing it too.
As long as she covers that horse mouthed grin.
Old 11-27-06, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Next immunity challenge is walking on fire while skinning a bird. I pick Ozzy to win this.
Old 11-27-06, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TyroneJordan

I wish Ozzy gets the money. He's a waiter, and $500,000 might even let him retire.
aren't they all really actors?
Old 11-27-06, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Jonathan's the only "official" actor
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0672103/
Old 11-27-06, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Jonathan's the only "official" actor
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0672103/
well that's surprising with so many of the people this season being from Los Angeles.
Old 11-27-06, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
He might be the only actor listed on IMDB, but I read somewhere that almost all of the contestants this year already had SAG cards. I think some of the people already out were on IMDB (for something other than Survivor) also.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.