DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   MEN IN TREES given full Season Order (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/483060-men-trees-given-full-season-order.html)

critterdvd 11-08-06 04:40 PM

MEN IN TREES given full Season Order

According to Kristin at eonline.com, ABC has officially given MEN IN TREES the order ofr the back Nine episodes... And also of note, they are moving it in the post GREYS ANATOMY time slot (Thursday's at 10) on a trial basis November 30 and December 7th...

AMAZING NEWS!

gatoinfeliz 11-08-06 04:54 PM

You just made my day. This is the best new show this season has offered (Brothers and Sisters in 2nd place). I really like the small town feel and it makes for some great tv since every single character is likeable. It really gets you invested. I always thought it was a good bet that it would be picked up since it has a niche audience on Fridays. I hope the post Anatomy spot helps it attract viewers. I do wonder how they will make it work. Unless they re-air the pilot, I doubt many will be able to jump into it.

Jadzia 11-08-06 05:12 PM

Does this mean Six Degrees is getting cancelled? I am really starting to like that show. Men in Trees is ok, but it hasn't really hooked me yet.

B.A. 11-08-06 05:26 PM

Good news. My wife will be extremely happy. And the trial timeslot poses no conflicts whatsoever since I dumped ER after the season premiere.

Ayre 11-08-06 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
Does this mean Six Degrees is getting cancelled? I am really starting to like that show. Men in Trees is ok, but it hasn't really hooked me yet.

I agree. Six Degrees is one of the few shows I look forward to watching. I think Men In Trees is a good show, but I wouldn't want to lose Six Degrees just so MiT could find a new home.

dolphinboy 11-08-06 07:01 PM

Best news so far today!

This is my only new show and I'm glad it's getting a great spot too.

Good for Anne Heche who gets dumped on a lot unfairly, I think. She's very good in this.

MrX 11-08-06 07:03 PM

Good news:up:

Patman 11-08-06 07:15 PM

Thursday night on ABC is going to be an estrogen-fest.

critterdvd 11-08-06 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Ayre
I agree. Six Degrees is one of the few shows I look forward to watching. I think Men In Trees is a good show, but I wouldn't want to lose Six Degrees just so MiT could find a new home.

SIX DEGREES is going on hiatus until the beginning of Febuary, because the show is being retooled (to focus more on certain characters than others) - according to the same article...

Patman 11-08-06 08:15 PM

Sounds like it's being "re-purposed"...

invisiblegt 11-08-06 08:15 PM

Between this, and the news that "IASIP" was renewed, my day has been pretty damned good...

One of the best new shows of the season. It manages to take cliche situations and turn them into some more, all while having some of the more interesting characters (and, ones I actually care about) in any current TV show.

Scott27 11-08-06 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by critterdvd
SIX DEGREES is going on hiatus until the beginning of Febuary, because the show is being retooled (to focus more on certain characters than others) - according to the same article...

According to the press release I got from ABC, Six Degrees is going to return in January.

critterdvd 03-28-07 09:19 PM

ABC announced that the new comedy "notes from the underbelly" will be airing in the post 'Grey's Anatomy' timeslot once 'October Road' finishes its first season. The remaining episodes from 'Men in Trees' are set to air as the beginning of Season 2 (essentially stating that the Season 1 finale has already aired :( )

nateman 03-28-07 09:32 PM

ABC announced that the new comedy "notes from the underbelly" will be airing in the post 'Grey's Anatomy' timeslot once 'October Road' finishes its first season. The remaining episodes from 'Men in Trees' are set to air as the beginning of Season 2 (essentially stating that the Season 1 finale has already aired
that sucks,
i hope the ratings for the show will be good next year, its been off the air for so long some people might forget about the show,
i guess we won't see a season 1 DVD release in the fall. thats bad news.

Autotelik 03-28-07 10:01 PM

while i'm happy that Men In Trees gets a season 2, it also sucks that there won't be any more new episodes until the fall. My 2 favorite new shows this year were Men In Trees and Brothers and Sisters (with MIT edging it out as my favorite)..... I really really hope it does well when it comes back.

TheKing 03-29-07 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by nateman241
that sucks,
i hope the ratings for the show will be good next year, its been off the air for so long some people might forget about the show,
i guess we won't see a season 1 DVD release in the fall. thats bad news.

Grey's Anatomy had 4 or 5 of its first season episodes held over until Season 2. That's why Season 1 was 9 episodes and Season 2 has 27. Boston Legal had 4 episodes from season 1 held over to season 2. It's happened before, and in those cases the season sets reflected whe the shows aired, not when they were made.

This decision shouldn't affect the DVD release at all.

MrX 03-29-07 12:50 AM

They did it with Boston Legal as well

nateman 03-29-07 01:41 AM

Grey's Anatomy had 4 or 5 of its first season episodes held over until Season 2. That's why Season 1 was 9 episodes and Season 2 has 27. Boston Legal had 4 episodes from season 1 held over to season 2. It's happened before, and in those cases the season sets reflected whe the shows aired, not when they were made.

This decision shouldn't affect the DVD release at all.
/

They did it with Boston Legal as well
he said that?

critterdvd 03-29-07 03:41 AM

This is all true, but I guess what bugs me is that all these mentioned shows actually got to have Season Finales... and I'm scared that without a season finale, many 'casual' fans (IE people that don't waste time online reading about their tv shows) will think it was canceled or something...

Orbi-Wan Techno 03-29-07 05:58 AM

Been missin' Patrick and Annie, and the rest of the gang.

mdc3000 03-29-07 09:49 AM

WHAT!?!?!? Fucking american idol...like the results show needed to be longer...DAMN IT.