DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Jericho - "Rogue River" - 11/08/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/483038-jericho-rogue-river-11-08-06-a.html)

mrpayroll 11-08-06 12:54 PM

Jericho - "Rogue River" - 11/08/06

My apologies to MrX, but I wanted to post the story below, because I don't know if anyone was aware that they were doing it this way (ala Lost). I've been out of the loop for about 3 months now.

Rogue River

Spoiler:
Jake and Eric make a run to Rogue River for medical supplies as their father's condition worsens, and their trip reveals some unpleasant facts from the outside; Jimmy and Gray have suspicions about Hawkins and question him.

Chris

mrpayroll 11-08-06 12:55 PM

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.a...=20061108cbs01

[11.08.06 - 10:39 AM]
"JERICHO" TO BE PRESENTED IN TWO DISTINCT SEASONS WITH NO REPEATS
Released by CBS
[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"JERICHO" TO BE PRESENTED IN TWO DISTINCT SEASONS WITH NO REPEATS

CBS's Hit Freshman Drama Will End Its "Fall Season" With a Cliffhanger Finale on Nov. 29.

Then Return in February With All New Episodes For the Remainder of the Season

CBS to Create Online Destination for "Jericho" During Its 10-Week Intermission with Original Content, Interactive Elements, Recaps and Preview Clips of Upcoming Episodes

"The King of Queens" Returns With New Episodes In December

JERICHO, CBS's hit freshman drama about the aftermath of a nuclear explosion in a small, peaceful Kansas town, will be broadcast without repeats for the remainder of the 2006-2007 season.

The network announced today that it has devised a scheduling pattern to broadcast JERICHO in two distinct seasons. JERICHO will conclude its "fall season" with a cliffhanger finale on Wednesday, Nov. 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) and come back in February with all original episodes for the remainder of the season.

JERICHO will return on February 14th with a recap special looking back at the first 11 episodes, followed by an original episode on February 21st. The all-new episode on February 21st will provide a look into life in Jericho the day before the nuclear bombs exploded.

To sustain audience momentum and update potential new viewers, CBS will create an online destination for JERICHO during the show's 10-week intermission. The site will include original content, interactive elements, recaps and sneak previews.

CBS will also continue to stream all episodes of JERICHO broadcast to date on its broadband channel innertube. Currently, JERICHO is the Network's most-streamed program on innertube.

JERICHO is averaging 11.08 million viewers, 3.4/10 in adults 18-49 and 4.5/12 in adults 25-54 and has boosted CBS's performance in the Wednesday, 8:00-9:00 PM time period by +50% in viewers, +42% in adults 18-49 and +50% in adults 25-54 compared to last year.

JERICHO stars Skeet Ulrich, Gerald McRaney, Ashley Scott, Pamela Reed, Kenneth Mitchell, Lennie James, Sprague Grayden, Michael Gaston, Erik Knudsen, Brad Beyer and Shoshannah Stern.

Jon Turteltaub, Stephen Chbosky and Carol Barbee are executive producers for CBS Paramount Network Television.
The rest of the story is spoilerized just to be safe! :lol:

Spoiler:
In a related announcement, Kevin James, Leah Remini and Jerry Stiller return with original episodes of THE KING OF QUEENS in December.

CBS will broadcast back-to-back new episodes of THE KING OF QUEENS on Wednesday, Dec. 6 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) and Wednesday, Dec. 13 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET). New episodes of THE KING OF QUEENS will also be broadcast on Wednesday, Dec. 20 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) and Wednesday Dec. 27 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT). Seven more episodes of THE KING OF QUEENS to be broadcast in 2007 will be announced at a later date.

CBS will also announce additional programming for the Wednesday (8:00-9:00 PM) time period at a later time.

I don't believe the above story needs to be spoiled.

Chris

edited to add: maybe it does :confused:

mrpayroll 11-08-06 01:01 PM

Just a comment on the quality of this show since the first couple of episodes. I only started reading your posts about this show a couple of days ago and it seems that I agree with most of you, this show has gone down the crapper.

I'm only watching it live right now, because it looks great in HDTV, but the writing and acting has become laughable. What started out as a smartly written story about what our future could be, has turn into a pedestrian tale of infighting between the town folks.

There's a big world out there, Jerichoians, get out there and explore it. Damn it. :D

Chris

Groucho 11-08-06 01:01 PM

In tonight's episode, Skeet arrives in Rogue River to find that they have problems of their own. The bombs hit before the homecoming king and queen were selected! Now, its up to Skeet to save the day and make sure that the school elects two students for these all-important positions!

Also: Hawkins does something mysterious.

Ayre 11-08-06 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
In a related announcement, Kevin James, Leah Remini and Jerry Stiller return with original episodes of THE KING OF QUEENS in December.

OMG !!!! You ruined it for me :horsepoo:

mrpayroll 11-08-06 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ayre
OMG !!!! You ruined it for me :horsepoo:

I'm sorry. I don't know if you're kidding or not, but I will spoilerize it. I don't watch that show.

Chris

bboisvert 11-08-06 01:27 PM

Spoiler:
The all-new episode on February 21st will provide a look into life in Jericho the day before the nuclear bombs exploded.

Oh... great. :rolleyes:

Ayre 11-08-06 02:00 PM

Sorry, I was joking. The part I quoted was King of Queens.

MrX 11-08-06 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
In tonight's episode, Skeet arrives in Rogue River to find that they have problems of their own. The bombs hit before the homecoming king and queen were selected! Now, its up to Skeet to save the day and make sure that the school elects two students for these all-important positions!

He'll have to pick the lock of the ballot box with only a spork. After the ballots are counted the big cliffhanger will be

Spoiler:
the irradiated zombies will demand a recount.

Pointyskull 11-08-06 02:06 PM

I hope there's a musical montage and a badly choregraphed shoot-out and/or fistfight.

mrpayroll 11-08-06 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ayre
Sorry, I was joking. The part I quoted was King of Queens.

No, I know. But I wasn't sure if it was a big deal that those actors were appearing on it. :)

Chris

boogieman03 11-08-06 03:16 PM

As much as I'm looking forward to tonight's bad episode, it will probably get preemted with some Gears of War.

mrpayroll 11-08-06 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by boogieman03
As much as I'm looking forward to tonight's bad episode, it will probably get preemted with some Gears of War.

Moving to Video Talk.

Chris

mikehunt 11-08-06 08:07 PM

this episode (and next by the looks) was all "haliburton/blackwater booga booga"

the blue screen car scenes were horrible

Patman 11-08-06 08:17 PM

Eh...

nazz 11-08-06 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by mikehunt

Agreed. Worst I've seen in a very long time.

mllefoo 11-08-06 11:28 PM

JERICHO will return on February 14th with a recap special looking back at the first 11 episodes, followed by an original episode on February 21st. The all-new episode on February 21st will provide a look into life in Jericho the day before the nuclear bombs exploded.
Uhm...aren't all the episodes showing life as if the bombs never dropped? These people are apparently only slightly inconvenienced by Nuclear war. They don't even get Radiation Poisoning, and apart from a couple of non-working cell phones, everything is business as usual there.

Only Jake is back and it pisses off a number of people.

Groucho 11-08-06 11:29 PM

This episode wasn't bad, at least in comparison to what we've seen to date. The Rogue River stuff is how this show should have been from the beginning (as opposed to the "Let's make ice!" sub-plot, which has been what we've seen to date).

mrpayroll 11-09-06 12:13 AM

Yes, I noticed that also. That's how bad they were.

Chris

agent2099 11-09-06 12:23 AM

Thought I was the only one who noticed.

What is this a 1998 episode of Seinfeld? I thought technology/technique had improved since then.

Goldblum 11-09-06 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by bboisvert
Spoiler:
The all-new episode on February 21st will provide a look into life in Jericho the day before the nuclear bombs exploded.

Oh... great. :rolleyes:

Yep. That's a signal of disaster for a TV drama.

DeadLamb 11-09-06 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by agent2099
What is this a 1998 episode of Seinfeld? I thought technology/technique had improved since then.

Oh it has but much like looking for a car you have the $$$$$ 2007 model with all the new stuff but if that is too much $$ "Well we also have this used 1998 model"..

I still like the theme of the show and I thought this ep was pretty good to be honest.. Got out of the city, some random gun play, little peek into where the one brother was the last 5 years and we got to see what another city etc..

way better then "We need fuel" or "We need air" or "We need power" themed eps that past few months..

right now the biggest thing that still bugs me about the show was also mentioned in another posts above, everyone just acts like the nukes were an inconvenience.

movieking 11-09-06 06:24 AM

I gave up on this a couple of weeks ago. Has anything of note been revealed, like who did the bombing, or what the deal with Hawkins is?

marty888 11-09-06 07:51 AM

Did I hear right - FEMA moved people to a tent city three miles away? Sounds like a nuke plan to me, I feel safer already!

CPA-ESQ. 11-09-06 08:44 AM

This episode was a lot better than the all of the rest.

Plus I learned how to make ice from water, fertilizer, and aluminum bowls (plastic ones don't work)