Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Nip/Tuck - "Merrill Bobolit" - 11/07/06

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Nip/Tuck - "Merrill Bobolit" - 11/07/06

Old 11-07-06, 12:18 PM
  #1  
MrX
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
MrX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,787
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nip/Tuck - "Merrill Bobolit" - 11/07/06

"Merrill Bobolit"
Spoiler:
Sean and Christian receive an unexpected visit from Merrill Bobolit; Escobar Gallardo blackmails the surgeons into visiting him in prison; Christian, Sean and Julia learn that Matt is married.
Old 11-07-06, 12:22 PM
  #2  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,865
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear that
Spoiler:
Merrill Bobolit
appears in this episode.
Old 11-07-06, 02:46 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Posts: 3,068
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
I hear that
Spoiler:
Merrill Bobolit
appears in this episode.
Spoiler:
OMG!!
Old 11-08-06, 01:36 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Leandro/San Francisco
Posts: 7,422
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just read that
Spoiler:
Joely Richardson is leaving the
show.
Old 11-08-06, 01:36 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
JZ1276's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,616
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the threads for this show are getting smaller and smaller every week...are less people watching or what?
Old 11-08-06, 01:47 AM
  #6  
Moderator
 
Jadzia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,799
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was a boring episode. It seemed like a lot of time passed since the last episode, at first I thought I missed one.
Old 11-08-06, 01:52 AM
  #7  
MrX
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
MrX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,787
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
I just read that
Spoiler:
Joely Richardson is leaving the
show.
I think it's just for a couple of episodes

I thought it was ok

Next week looks interesting.
Old 11-08-06, 02:10 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Leandro/San Francisco
Posts: 7,422
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
I think it's just for a couple of episodes

I thought it was ok

Next week looks interesting.
Spoiler:
They don't know if she is going to be back. Her daughter in real life is sick.
Old 11-08-06, 09:49 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: DFW
Posts: 3,771
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
This was a boring episode. It seemed like a lot of time passed since the last episode, at first I thought I missed one.
Really? I was enjoying the hell out of this episode last night. I thought it was one of the best.
Old 11-08-06, 10:18 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 616
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boogieman03
Really? I was enjoying the hell out of this episode last night. I thought it was one of the best.
I also thought it was a pretty enjoyable episode. I'm getting a little tired of this show, though.
Old 11-08-06, 10:26 AM
  #11  
Video Game Talk Editor
 
Flay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Westchester, Los Angeles
Posts: 4,097
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been getting tired of this show as well, but this was one of the better episodes of the season. I loved the ending.
Old 11-08-06, 02:32 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,326
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree that this show has reached the point where it is pretty much just spinning its wheels. There doesn't appear to be anything new they can do with the characters that will prove to be interesting. Christian, at this point, is just beyond redemption. He used to be my favorite character, but he is such a callous prick and I couldn't care less if he lives or dies now. Sean is just plain boring, and I don't know how many more times we can see the same relationship dynamic between he and Julia be rehashed.

It's almost dumbfounding when you think about how innovative this show was just a couple years ago. It's like it is a victim of itself.
Old 11-08-06, 02:51 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
dadaluholla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wilmington, OH
Posts: 5,491
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought this was a pretty good ep (and probably the best of a very weak season). I really enjoyed ol' crazy jigsaw face.

Now next week however, looks completely terrible. Almost as bad as Dirt.
Old 11-08-06, 03:02 PM
  #14  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,865
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This episode was all over the place. I like it better when it's more focused.

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Now next week however, looks completely terrible. Almost as bad as Dirt.
This time you've gone too far!
Old 11-08-06, 03:22 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dialogue between Bobolit and Christian was hilarious. The rest was average.
Old 11-08-06, 07:25 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: east texas
Posts: 5,473
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JZ1276
the threads for this show are getting smaller and smaller every week...are less people watching or what?
i have dropped this. it was just too bleh.
Old 11-08-06, 07:47 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Southside Virginia
Posts: 6,457
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm starting to wonder if this is the last year. Why else revisit the issues they have? Of course, we would still need visits from the nympho, the trannies, and the Carvers to put a real bow on things.
Old 11-08-06, 10:59 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Leandro/San Francisco
Posts: 7,422
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SexualPudding
I have to agree that this show has reached the point where it is pretty much just spinning its wheels. There doesn't appear to be anything new they can do with the characters that will prove to be interesting. Christian, at this point, is just beyond redemption. He used to be my favorite character, but he is such a callous prick and I couldn't care less if he lives or dies now. Sean is just plain boring, and I don't know how many more times we can see the same relationship dynamic between he and Julia be rehashed.

It's almost dumbfounding when you think about how innovative this show was just a couple years ago. It's like it is a victim of itself.
I agree. The only thing I have seen recently is a show trying to up itself in shock value each week.
Can't Julia ever be happy for more than 15 minutes a season?
Christian has not advanced as a character. Everytime you think he's learning, he takes two steps back.
It's old!


You think they're pushing that Dirt show??
Old 11-08-06, 11:02 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now, Kelly Carlson didn't get her personal implants taken out, did she?
Old 11-09-06, 02:32 AM
  #20  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,462
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep Im tired too...

Shawn need to kill his wife, and pretend scarface did it along with the other...then maybe I'd wake up.
Old 11-09-06, 02:58 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Legend
 
stingermck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 15,476
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Heres part of an article from IMDB:

"...Richardson fears she'll never be able to return to Nip/Tuck, but series creator Ryan Murphy is hoping her character Julia McNamara, will be back. He says, "I don't want to do the show without her."

Maybe with her leaving they can spin some good storyline out of it. Death, leaving, kidnapping, who knows.
Old 11-09-06, 03:05 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Jobland
Posts: 4,289
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stingermck
Heres part of an article from IMDB:

"...Richardson fears she'll never be able to return to Nip/Tuck, but series creator Ryan Murphy is hoping her character Julia McNamara, will be back. He says, "I don't want to do the show without her."

Maybe with her leaving they can spin some good storyline out of it. Death, leaving, kidnapping, who knows.
I'm thinking her face gets slashed, and after surgery she looks like a different actress. Maybe a midget actress. With lobster hands. And a mammectomy.
Old 11-11-06, 12:48 AM
  #23  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this episode was bordering on shark jumping.

looks like Julian McMahon is starting to phone it in like letterman has ...
Old 11-11-06, 06:27 AM
  #24  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Very far away..
Posts: 4,498
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Now, Kelly Carlson didn't get her personal implants taken out, did she?
I hope she did!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.