DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Anyone see Faith Hill on the CMAs last night? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/482887-anyone-see-faith-hill-cmas-last-night.html)

Patrick G 11-07-06 07:40 AM

Anyone see Faith Hill on the CMAs last night?

Is this for real? Was it talked about? If she was joking around, she sure looked damn serious.

Faith Hill - Sore Loser

Here is the same clip, but at a wider angle showing all 5 nominees.

al_bundy 11-07-06 07:45 AM

that was awesome

Patman 11-07-06 07:48 AM

The local news is calling it "Faith's Kanye West moment". Haha!

Pointyskull 11-07-06 07:50 AM

That's funny stuff. I can't wait to hear her official "back pedal" explanation (aka "I was joking") :lol:

Patman 11-07-06 07:51 AM

Best "What????" ever.

Are Carrie and Anthony Fedorov dating now?

Snowmaker 11-07-06 07:58 AM

Where was she? Backstage?

GuessWho 11-07-06 08:01 AM

better version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1bwMOc0I7Y

Patman 11-07-06 08:03 AM

Anyone think Carrie was wearing Sketchers underneath her dress?

DJariya 11-07-06 08:17 AM

OMG, what a bitch! I can't believe she did that. It just shows how fake so many people in the entertainment industry are.

madcougar 11-07-06 08:24 AM

Gold. Pure gold.

DJariya 11-07-06 08:29 AM

Her Mississippi Girl album sucks anyways. Carrie rocks!!

movieking 11-07-06 08:40 AM

Either an exaggeration/joke or she'd been told that she was winning the award and didn't (many awards let their winners know they won beforehand).

RichC2 11-07-06 08:44 AM

That's hillarious.

vegasbaby 11-07-06 09:02 AM

Looked to me like she was acting (badly ... but acting).

rfduncan 11-07-06 09:28 AM

That was just too funny. "WHA!" :jawdrop:

Snowmaker 11-07-06 09:37 AM

Anyone got an animated GIF or a link to a downloadable version?

Septemberbaby 11-07-06 10:23 AM

Hmm... sore sport or just having a little fun?
Is she upset that she lost or upset that she lost to the newbie who hasn't really paid her dues.. something the country music industry frowns on.

DJariya 11-07-06 11:03 AM

Faith's PR people are already making her excuses:

From USA Today:
Hill, a nominee for female vocalist, was on camera along with fellow contenders Sara Evans, Martina McBride, Gretchen Wilson and Carrie Underwood. When Underwood was announced as the winner, the camera caught Hill with arms raised, as if poised to accept, then a split second later mouthing a surprised, "What?"

Sandra Westerman of Borman Entertainment, Hill's management company, says Hill was just joking and didn't know she was on camera: "She would never disrespect one of the other artists."

ben12 11-07-06 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Sandra Westerman of Borman Entertainment, Hill's management company, says Hill was just joking and didn't know she was on camera: "She would never disrespect one of the other artists."

Really? NEVER? What if one of hte artists was a Mississippi girl who had changed her ways just 'cause everybody knew her name?

movieking 11-07-06 11:22 AM

If she didn't know that she was on camera, how do we know she was joking?

I honestly think that she was just kidding though. She was pulling a Joey.

The Infidel 11-07-06 11:28 AM

Faith has a message for us on her website:

The idea that I would act disrespectful towards a fellow musician is unimaginable to me. For this to become a focus of attention given the talent gathered is utterly ridiculous. Carrie Underwood is a talented and deserving Female Vocalist of The Year.

Big Boy Laroux 11-07-06 11:29 AM

i think it was obvious that it was not mean-spirited and it was a joke.

but i call BS on her not knowing she was being filmed. that's ridiculous.

rfduncan 11-07-06 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by movieking
I honestly think that she was just kidding though. She was pulling a Joey.

A "Joey"? As in the episode "The One With Joey's Award" where Joey doesn't win the Soapie? Joey was totally serious about losing and cussing away until Rachel slapped him into composure. If she was pulling a "Joey", she WASN'T kidding at all. :lol:

The Infidel 11-07-06 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i think it was obvious that it was not mean-spirited and it was a joke.

but i call BS on her not knowing she was being filmed. that's ridiculous.

I call BS on the whole thing. Not only did she know she was on camera, but she thought she had the award locked, and it was a knee-jerk reaction. She needs to issue an apology to Carrie, whether she deserved the award or not.

magiccmom 11-07-06 11:44 AM

I genuinely hope she was joking, but even if she was, that doesnt take away from the fact that it isnt about her, and that she upstaged Carrie winning this award, when it should all be about Carrie. She knew she was on camera, this isnt her first award ceremony for goodness sake, and she was trying to get the attention away from Carrie, whether she was serious or not.
Shame on her!!