DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Office "Diwali" 11/02/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/482531-office-diwali-11-02-06-a.html)

Chew 11-02-06 02:30 PM

The Office "Diwali" 11/02/06

http://image.com.com/tv/images/proce...5/e0/11740.JPG

Spoiler:
It's Diwali, The Hindu Festival of Lights, Michael encourages the entire Scranton branch to support Kelly and attend a local celebration of Diwali. Meanwhile Ryan faces Kelly's family at the event.

Chew 11-02-06 02:32 PM

Was the 10/19 Dwight Blog posted? I don't remember....

Beets and Me
"It is difficult to believe how the hardy, crunchy often rough looking exterior of raw beets can be transformed into something wonderfully soft and buttery once they are cooked."
-The Internet

"Beets have the highest sugar content of all vegetables, yet are very low in calories."
-From a website

Varieties
Ruby Red - early crop, flat to globular root

Detroit Dark Red - main crop, globular root
Monogerm - single-seeded variety

Formanova - long tubular root

Crobsy Greentop

Red Ace

There are also golden beets. They are not made out of gold, but just gold in hue. I love the word hue. Why isn't it used more? It only seems to be used in relation to the X-men, ie: Hue Jackman.

There are three sub-species of beet, The Sea Beet, the Beta Vulgaris and Chard. Chard is often called "swiss chard" because it is from Switzerland and the the swiss eat it like candy. I wish I could grow candy. But candy doesn't grow on farms. At least not in northeastern Pennsylvania.

Here's what they look like:
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~taber...eets/beets.gif

The enemies of the beet are the cutworm and the aphid. They are horrible. They eat and infest beets. They are of Satan. The black cutworm larvae is gray to dark brown above and has a greasy appearance. Faint light stripes run lengthwise down the body.

My great great grandfather Manheim cultivated Beets in Manheim, Germany. Some of the worlds greatest emporers and Czars have sipped Borscht made from the Beets of a Schrute. Then they wiped their Germanic lips and went off to conquer, warm tummies filled with my beet juice.

How does that make me feel? One word: Impotant.

Farming begins with the soil. That is why each day at dawn, Mose and I go to various points of the farm and taste the dirt. Literally. You can tell the PH and what I call the 'loam factor' with different parts of the tongue. Come to Schute farm at dawn and you will see the sillouettes of two lanky German farmers swirling dirt in their mouths as if it was a fine wine.

Do you have any beet stories or recipes or fun facts or pictures or lore, feel free to post below. Mose is known to read the responses and maybe he'll learn something worth passing on to me, his cousin, Dwight.

by Dwight K. Schrute

dick_grayson 11-02-06 02:33 PM

apparently there's some sort of
Spoiler:
marriage proposal on tonight's episode. thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Kelly proposed to Ryan or if her family forces it on

SuperBatMan 11-02-06 03:08 PM

Glad for it to be back on. I will laugh my ass off if Kelly proposes to Ryan.

And next week,
Spoiler:
it's the Scranton branch that closes down, not the Stamford branch, according to the DirecTV program guide. I know most people thought Stamford would close down and be merged into the Scranton office. Looks like it's the other way around. Gotta wonder how people are going to feel about this.

FinkPish 11-02-06 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
And next week,
Spoiler:
it's the Scranton branch that closes down, not the Stamford branch, according to the DirecTV program guide. I know most people thought Stamford would close down and be merged into the Scranton office. Looks like it's the other way around. Gotta wonder how people are going to feel about this.

Spoiler:
People will probably bitch and moan about how it feels different and makes them uncomfortable. If what you say really is the case, and Michael gets command of the Stamford branch, I could see him having a huge powertrip because of the experience, even just because of the nicer office space. I don't see how they could logically get everyone from the Scranton branch to make the move to Stamford. I would hate to see them lose anyone from the Scranton branch.

WallyOPD 11-02-06 04:25 PM

And next week,
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
They could also pull the bait and switch similar to what the UK version did.

ten41 11-02-06 04:31 PM

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=6422523

Audio interview with Greg Daniels and Mindy Kaling (Kelly)

Nesbit 11-02-06 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by FinkPish
Spoiler:
People will probably bitch and moan about how it feels different and makes them uncomfortable.

Spoiler:
I've been one of the people complaining about this season and I don't care which branch closes as long as IT IS FUNNY.That has been our complaint and if you read back hardly any of us have been trying to convince you that the show isn't as funny as it was in season 2. Why are you trying to convince us that it is?

FinkPish 11-02-06 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs.Nesbit
Spoiler:
I've been one of the people complaining about this season and I don't care which branch closes as long as IT IS FUNNY.That has been our complaint and if you read back hardly any of us have been trying to convince you that the show isn't as funny as it was in season 2. Why are you trying to convince us that it is?

Spoiler:
I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. We obviously disagree about the humor of this season vs the last, but I'm not trying to win anyone over to my side. I'm just disagreeing. I'm sorry if I insulted you. Also, I'm not sure why I'm still spoiler-ling this anymore.

Jobronie 11-02-06 06:11 PM

Another preview for tonight:

Spoiler:
=Michael suggests that his desk jockeys support Kelly (Mindy Kaling, who also wrote the episode) by taking in Indian culture and flavors at the Hindu Festival of Lights celebration. Meanwhile, work becomes a drinking game at the Stamford branch. Andy: Ed Helms.

That second half also sounds like it has potential.

Jobronie 11-02-06 06:18 PM

And next week,
Spoiler:

Next week:
Spoiler:
Episode Detail: Branch Closing - The Office
News sweeps around the office that the Scranton branch will shut down. As Michael tries to spread cheer to his staffers, everyone imagines what their lives will be like in the wake of the close.

I dunno, may be a double-cross/red-herring, because the week after shows (my caps):
Spoiler:
The Scranton branch faces a SURPRISING merger, which forces the staffers to cope with a variety of significant changes.

Sure sounds to me like
Spoiler:
Stamford gets folded into Scranton.

lukewarmwater 11-02-06 06:44 PM

okay which is stamford and which is scranton? Is it scranton-michaels branch and stamford jims?

dick_grayson 11-02-06 06:50 PM

yes

lukewarmwater 11-02-06 06:54 PM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HE Pennypacker 11-02-06 07:01 PM

can't wait

lordwow 11-02-06 07:14 PM

On next week:

Spoiler:
Sure sounds like a bait and switch. Perhaps Michael will pull something out of his ass again to boost profits for Scranton massively?

Either way, the combined cast is going to be hillarious.

Steam 11-02-06 07:40 PM

Jagermeister, fucking sweet.

Brian Gentz 11-02-06 07:44 PM

"They said something about Zach Braff!" :lol:

"These smores are horrible!"

"Who is this crazy gringo???"

Jobronie 11-02-06 07:46 PM

My seven year old just summed it up:

"Idiot."

lordwow 11-02-06 07:46 PM

I loved Michael's impression of Kelly, right on.

Steam 11-02-06 07:49 PM

They are also pretty successful in making Roy a sympathetic character.

lordwow 11-02-06 07:54 PM

Oh my god... Best Scene Ever.

Joe Molotov 11-02-06 07:57 PM

Spoiler:
OMG!

Snowmaker 11-02-06 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Steam
Jagermeister, fucking sweet.

But it was warm. :wacko:

Snowmaker 11-02-06 07:59 PM

Hanukkah song parody :lol: