DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Smallville -- "Fallout" -- 11/02/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/482482-smallville-fallout-11-02-06-a.html)

LorenzoL 11-02-06 05:18 AM

Smallville -- "Fallout" -- 11/02/06

"Fallout"
Spoiler:
Clark learns Raya managed to escape from the Phantom Zone and has come to see him; Baern (Bow Wow), a killer who also escaped, takes them on as revenge for his imprisonment.

Cast: Tom Welling, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Allison Mack, John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, John Glover, Erica Durance, Pascale Hutton.
Director(s): Glen Winter.
Producer(s): Alfred Gough, Miles Millar.
Writer(s): Holly Harold.

Original Airdate: November 2, 2006.

Doughboy 11-02-06 07:53 AM

Smallville: Tokyo Drift ;)

Ayre 11-02-06 08:04 AM

This season has gotten off to a great start.

I just hope they can continue.

GuessWho 11-02-06 09:26 AM

awesome spoiler image
http://kryptonsite.com/S020J-N02-SMA1-10-17.jpg

Deadpool 11-02-06 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho

Well, they took that down quick.

edit - OK, just copy & paste the link above to see the picture

Doughboy 11-02-06 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho

Oh thanks a lot! I had no idea that's who Clark becomes!;)

mikehunt 11-02-06 08:05 PM

he might want to do some of that training before trying to fight other phantoms

and why has he never tried to learn to fly? he knows he can do as he did it while affected by red K

Ranger 11-02-06 08:09 PM

dammit, they got rid of raya already!

i have to admit that i was expecting a short young kid but thankfully bow wow has grown up a bit.

Patman 11-02-06 09:19 PM

Raya got tiring as the token expository character in this episode.

I'm still having a hard time believing Jor-el was able to "place" his child with one specific childless couple light years ago.

leacha 11-02-06 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
I'm still having a hard time believing Jor-el was able to "place" his child with one specific childless couple light years ago.

Wasn't there an episode with someone from Krypton visiting Smallville in the 40's or 50's and meeting Pa Kents old man? That would help him placing Clark.

Patman 11-02-06 10:23 PM

Oh, that was the Smallville 1961 episode.

SuperBatMan 11-02-06 10:42 PM

BEST EPISODE EVER!

Even with Bow Wow, the handy crystal that saved the day, and the predictable Raya death, I STILL LOVED THIS EPISODE TO DEATH!

Finally, Clark is ready to accept his destiny! It's about time you big dumb alien! I had a major geekout moment, well, during the entire show, but definitely during his final speech.

All I wanted at the end was Clark getting his training, with the Superman theme blarring and the show ending. I think I would have died.

Rogue588 11-03-06 03:08 AM

Well, i'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought it had its moments, but I agree with mikehunt and thought it weird that Clark wanted to fight before train. I also didn't like them bringing back Raya just to kill her...again. I'm still hoping Lana dies a slow, painful death this season.

collven 11-03-06 03:50 AM

Well, if he trains now, that's the end of the show. He can't leave the fortress during training and will become Superman when he's done.

Oh, and

and why has he never tried to learn to fly? he knows he can do as he did it while affected by red K
The creators of the show have claimed repeatedly "no flights, no tights". They won't have Clark learn to fly or wear the suit. Actually, I don't think they legally even can now since the family of one of Superman's creators is trying to sue them for using the Superboy character I believe.

marty888 11-03-06 07:49 AM

Another solid episode! Each season has had a great start, but this is the first time in several years that the quality has sustained beyond the first two or three episodes.

Timber 11-03-06 09:28 AM

I really liked Raya. Kind of stupid to bring her back just to kill her off again. 3 Phantoms down 1 or 2 to go?

I just can't understand why Jor-El would build the Phantom Zone for all these hard criminals but have the escape door go to Earth. It was built way before Kal was even born so why the attachment to Earth?

SuperBatMan 11-03-06 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Timber
I just can't understand why Jor-El would build the Phantom Zone for all these hard criminals but have the escape door go to Earth. It was built way before Kal was even born so why the attachment to Earth?

Don't think too hard. It's still Smallville and their storylines aren't exactly works of art.:lol:

And maybe I was a little over-exaggerating about best episode ever, but it was still a great one, and probably one of the top 5 for me. It was the first time in awhile I could see this Clark becoming Superman. And hell, the writers deserve some credit because they reached ALL the way back into season 4 and addressed that humming noise Clark heard with all the crystals. For a show that's continuity is downright atrocious at times, I almost fell out of my chair when they threw that into this episode.

I really wish they would have kept Raya around and turned her into Smallville's version of Supergirl. Alas, I guess DC might have strict limitations on that.

Still, at the beginning of the season, I thought this season was going to be pretty poor. Zod was good, Sneeze was good, Wither was a stinker, Arrow was great, Reunion was good, and now Fallout was great. Not a bad start to the season. Let's hope things don't fall apart mid-way through the season like last season.

danegger 11-03-06 04:43 PM

With the talk of Clark starting his "training" sooner than later, does anyone know if there is a Season 7 planned for Smallville??

mikehunt 11-03-06 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Timber
I really liked Raya. Kind of stupid to bring her back just to kill her off again. 3 Phantoms down 1 or 2 to go?

since the door was tied to the El bloodline maybe it simply opened up to where ever the El that opened it came from

Superman07 11-04-06 09:28 AM

For some reason Riya grated on me in every scene she was in. Kinda took me out of some things.

For some reason the scene at the end in the hospital was reall good. Nice acting by both actors!

WTH with Lana? "Somebody playing the game at your own level." Mouse, meet cat...

Man, was anybody else laughing and yet shocked by some of the comments Lex made? He took Jimmy's face and planted it in the ground, and the followed it up by a kick to the groin. Ouch!! You're nearing "Clancy Brown" territory there and getting ready to take it over. ;)

Somehow I have a feeling the number of Zone criminals will not be equal to the number of glowy balls that fell from the sky. Or if it is, then they will spread them out over the entire season.

I know the show is about Clark, but I'd like to see them focus a bit more on Mr. Kent's career. I feel like everybody else gets some love except her. And I'm not talking about the references. Let's see some season long development.

Something I'm wondering here....what if Lex's real downfall / turn is that he kills his father because Lionnel really sees how far Lex is slipping? Ontop of that he seems to have some sort of "I have to do the world good" complex, but keeps doing wrong and goes further into darkness. That alone would give him cause to hate Superman and then you have the Lana angle for him hatting Clark. I think that would work out well.

Chauzer 11-04-06 01:14 PM

decent episode, like raya, wish she didnt die

lana is still horrible and needs to die

riley_dude 11-04-06 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by SuperBatMan
BEST EPISODE EVER!

Even with Bow Wow, the handy crystal that saved the day, and the predictable Raya death, I STILL LOVED THIS EPISODE TO DEATH!

Finally, Clark is ready to accept his destiny! It's about time you big dumb alien! I had a major geekout moment, well, during the entire show, but definitely during his final speech.

All I wanted at the end was Clark getting his training, with the Superman theme blarring and the show ending. I think I would have died.

I loved it. Great episode. Exciting, well written and getting darker. Just hope it stays like that.
Ashame they had to get rid of Raya though. She could have been Supergirl.

Slayer2005 11-04-06 02:22 PM

Pretty good episode. This season is going good. Bow Wow did a pretty decent job, but he's been in movies before so acting is really nothing new to him.

Lex is pretty dark now. I don't think he would've chosen Lana and I get the feeling that Lana felt that too. Their relationship is so dark in general (including the lighting. lol). It contrasts so much with Clark and Lana's relationship which was kind of "bright", happy, silly and smiley. Lex and Lana is dark, seemingly unhappy and very serious in tone. She's definitely a different person with Lex.

For some reason I just want to see Clark kick the crap out of Lex now.........right infront of Lana. :lol:

Original Desmond 11-05-06 04:05 AM

Yeah what the fuck is with Lana this season ? at least have her show her body in bikinis or lingerie

This season is the best for a few seasons. I missed the Green Arrow

SuprVgeta 11-06-06 03:07 AM

Good episode, it really had a strong ending. Raya was hot hot hot, and Lana continues being a bitch.