DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Boston Legal - "Trick or Treat" - 10/31/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/482309-boston-legal-trick-treat-10-31-06-a.html)

MrX 10-31-06 12:33 PM

Boston Legal - "Trick or Treat" - 10/31/06

"Trick or Treat"
Spoiler:
Denise Bauer searches for her fiance on Halloween after receiving bad news about him; Alan defends Jerry Espenson for lying on a federal jury questionnaire; Lincoln Meyer sues Jeffrey Coho for defamation.

Red Dog 10-31-06 12:36 PM

What will Alan and Denny dress up as this year?

vegasbaby 10-31-06 02:54 PM

Good episode. Saw it on ABC closed circuit.

Major Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spader and Shatner dressed as 2 women. They were quite handsome as women.

Also ... Weird guy with weird high voice takes shovel to judge's head at end of episode (who mocked him in court after not finding in his favor).

NORML54601 10-31-06 10:00 PM

Funniest ep in a while. What else have I seen the guy who played the judge in Brad's case in?

crateriko 10-31-06 10:11 PM

I loved it tonight. It fit Halloween perfectly.

RocShemp 10-31-06 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by NORML54601
Funniest ep in a while. What else have I seen the guy who played the judge in Brad's case in?

Lots of things but, right now, off the top of my head, I remember him in Honey We Shrunk Ourselves. He used to be chubby.

Nick Martin 10-31-06 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by NORML54601

Stuart Pankin.

He was indeed heavier, and was the voice of Earl Sinclair on "Dinosaurs".

I see him all the time in some orthotic infomercial.

kvrdave 11-01-06 01:56 AM

Okay, the song was Sentimental Journey at the end of the ep, and they were dressed up as the singers, but who were they? The Andrew Sisters?

kvrdave 11-01-06 01:58 AM

Nevermind. It was the Swing Sisters.

edit: I may be wrong here. It may have been the Andrew Sisters.

Decker 11-01-06 02:07 AM

See, I thought it was a tribute to Hairspray, which would have made sense, since they were Pink Flamingos last year.

This show is one of my guilty pleasures -- it's not very good but damn I love it. And I don't care how many Emmy nominations it receives in the drama category, the show is one of the funniest comedies on TV.

Getting kinda tired of "Hands". He needs to go away now. Also the prosecutor in that case should have asked (and received) a directed verdict. That case never needed to go to the jury as the facts were never in dispute.

And that judge, Stuart Pankin was in Fatal Attraction, but I'll always remember him from HBO's Not Necessarily The News. Damn, that was a funny show back in the day...

Rogue588 11-01-06 03:19 AM

Yeah, i'm getting kinda tired of Jerry too. I thought this would be their way of getting rid of him.

I also remember Stu from NNtN. In fact, i'm pretty sure he's the reason I no longer get butter on my popcorn.

Red Dog 11-01-06 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Decker
Getting kinda tired of "Hands". He needs to go away now. Also the prosecutor in that case should have asked (and received) a directed verdict. That case never needed to go to the jury as the facts were never in dispute.

It was a criminal case, not a civil case.

It was also a fresh take on death penalty and I enjoyed it. I like Jerry, so I have no problem if they continue to use him.

Pretty decent episode overall.

vegasbaby 11-01-06 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
Stuart Pankin.

He was indeed heavier, and was the voice of Earl Sinclair on "Dinosaurs".

I see him all the time in some orthotic infomercial.

He also played the Rabbi on 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' whose daughter got stuck with Larry on a ski lift. He was already thin on 'Curb'.

kvrdave 11-01-06 10:38 AM

I don't mind Jerry, but quit adding more crappy little tics to him.

dcprules 11-01-06 01:52 PM

Yeah, this was a good episode. The best part for me was when Alan and Denise were in the morgue looking at the foot and Alan remarked whether they could get a large one in a lighter color.

NORML54601 11-01-06 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
Stuart Pankin.

Thanks. I was remembering him from Arachnophobia.

Decker 11-02-06 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by dcprules
Yeah, this was a good episode. The best part for me was when Alan and Denise were in the morgue looking at the foot and Alan remarked whether they could get a large one in a lighter color.

Actually, in a size 8. Yes, that was quite funny. Still, as a doctor, I have a little problem with someone whose body is ravaged by cancer giving his organs away. My surgical rotation was over a decade ago, but I'm pretty sure that metastatic cancer is a pretty good reason to decline an organ donation if the recipient, you know, wanted to live for a while after the transplant. Perhaps the head in a haunted house was the best outcome for poor Daniel's body

BTW : were Denese and Shirley supposed to have found Daniel's head in the house? I assume so, but it wasn't really clearly spelled out or resolved in the episode. Maybe it was Gwyneth Paltrow...

MrX 11-02-06 01:57 AM

"Who's your daddy":lol:

The look they gave each other before the look down was great

Chew 11-02-06 07:02 AM

Jerry is fine enough, it just seems like all Alan does anymore is defend him. How about something else for a while?

Red Dog 11-02-06 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by MrX
"Who's your daddy":lol:

The look they gave each other before the look down was great

I forgot about that line. :lol:

Jadzia 11-02-06 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Decker
Still, as a doctor, I have a little problem with someone whose body is ravaged by cancer giving his organs away. My surgical rotation was over a decade ago, but I'm pretty sure that metastatic cancer is a pretty good reason to decline an organ donation if the recipient, you know, wanted to live for a while after the transplant. Perhaps the head in a haunted house was the best outcome for poor Daniel's body

I thought they said he had donated most of his body to science, not to organ donation.

Patman 11-02-06 10:48 PM

They need to lay off the Jerry Espenson cases.

Shirley and Denise looking for Daniel's body parts - haha.

"Don't look down" still gets me. Denny sure did get around in his youth.

Didn't care for the creepy neighbor case.

Septemberbaby 11-06-06 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I thought they said he had donated most of his body to science, not to organ donation.

I think that's what happened initially.. but then someone stole him and his parts for the black market.
I agree about not being able to donate your organs if you had cancer.. but I think the rules are different in black market.. I think desperate people will resort to desperate measures.