DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Dexter - "Love American Style" - 10/29/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/482116-dexter-love-american-style-10-29-06-a.html)

MrX 10-29-06 11:36 AM

Dexter - "Love American Style" - 10/29/06

"Love American Style"
Spoiler:
The Ice Truck Killer's latest victim is alive; Dexter stalks a human-trafficker. Adult Situations; Language.

TomOpus 10-29-06 12:31 PM

Can't wait for this episode. I love this show.

Gunde 10-30-06 03:46 PM

Man, I love this show! It's just so fucking cool!
Another excellent episode.

Geofferson 10-30-06 04:08 PM

Another good episode last night. Things should get even more interesting now that Dex had a witness to one of his crime scenes.

Lone Wolf 10-30-06 04:17 PM

I haven't watched this episode yet, but I did finish the first book this weekend while stuck at the hospital (wife had baby). I've read better but it was still pretty good. The show stayed fairly close to the book until about the middle and then there were a few changes. I won't give anything away. If you like the show then you'll like the book.

Patman 10-30-06 04:28 PM

That eye in the trunk was spooky as hell!

Deb continues to be a rising star in the hunt for the icetruck killer.

I LOL when Dexter thought the appropriate thing to do after he and Rita watched a light film (Terms of Endearment) was to reciprocate what Rita provided him in the Lara Croft outfit. He's really an emotional void at times.

MrX 10-31-06 01:27 AM

His face when he looks at Rita while she's crying was priceless:lol: Great work by Hall

The scene where he's talking to the husband and wife about relationships right before he kills them was good as well.

I wonder if the eye was
Spoiler:
the icetruck killer

Birrman54 10-31-06 08:32 AM

I just started watching this show (caught up onDemand over the past couple days). I'm really enjoying it, Hall is doing a terrific job. I love that Dexter is unapologetically insane yet remains very sympathetic.

Geofferson 10-31-06 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by MrX
I wonder if the eye was
Spoiler:
the icetruck killer

I assume it was.

hahn 11-02-06 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by MrX
His face when he looks at Rita while she's crying was priceless:lol:

That had me cracking up too...
"Maybe if I keep my eyes open, they'll start to tear up." rotfl

And trying to give Rita oral sex during Terms of Endearment? rotfl rotfl rotfl

MrX 11-02-06 06:13 PM

Showtime renewed it for Season 2 today:banana:

Cusm 11-03-06 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by MrX
I wonder if the eye was
Spoiler:
the icetruck killer

I thought it was the wife, it only looked like he had one body in the trunk.

MrX 11-03-06 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Cusm
I thought it was the wife, it only looked like he had one body in the trunk.

He said he dismembered one and didn't have time to do the same to other since it was getting light outside.

DRG 11-03-06 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by MrX
Showtime renewed it for Season 2 today:banana:

Saw that great news earlier.
http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-sh...p-tv-headlines

Showtime Gives 'Dexter' Another Stab
Production will begin next spring

Showtime has picked up a second season of the dark serial killer dramedy "Dexter."

Production on the 12-episode second run will begin next spring for a 2007 premiere.

"Dexter is a home run for us, both critically and in popularity," raves Showtime Entertainment President Robert Greenblatt. "The show was launched at the height of all the broadcast networks' fall premieres yet instantly became our #1 rated show. People seem fascinated by the moral ambiguity of Dexter, as played by the gifted Michael C. Hall. This character and the world of this show are a welcome addition to our 'premium' line-up."

Hall plays Dexter Morgan, a Miami PD forensics expert and part-time serial killer prone to killing some of the city's worst criminals. The show's first season has followed the plot of Jeff Lindsay's novel "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" and co-stars Jennifer Carpenter, Julie Benz and James Remar, among others.

Because Showtime keeps its viewership figures close to the vest, it's hard to know how many people are watching "Dexter," but the Oct. 1 premiere drew 600,000-plus viewers, making it the channel's second most watched one-hour drama premiere behind "The L Word."