DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The OC Season Premiere Full episode on Myspace (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/481881-oc-season-premiere-full-episode-myspace.html)

DJariya 10-26-06 01:29 PM

The OC Season Premiere Full episode on Myspace

If any of you guys want to get a head start watching The OC's season premiere, it's now available on Myspace with no commercials. Josh Schwartz introduces the episode.

http://creative.myspace.com/VOD/oc/index.html

Too bad it's going to get killed next Thursday by CSI and Grey's.

Doughboy 10-26-06 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Too bad it's going to get killed next Thursday by CSI and Grey's.

It's done enough damage on its own. Its timeslot will just be the final nail in the coffin.

Brent_MN 10-26-06 03:34 PM

well Fox obviously know it'll get killed...won't anything they put up against it? With low ratings expected in that slot, maybe they'll give the OC a full season nod and let it go.

also, I would love to watch it on myspace, but of course it only supports Windows platforms... a-holes.

MrX 10-26-06 03:39 PM

I stopped watching in January and was thinking about giving it another chance. Then I just read Roush's review on TVguide.com and I think I may not come back

Spoiler:
Ryan becoming a cage fighter has the possiblity to become the best bad storyline ever

boogieman03 10-26-06 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by MrX
Spoiler:
Ryan becoming a cage fighter has the possiblity to become the best bad storyline ever

Holy shit really? That could be hilarious.

Brent_MN 10-26-06 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by MrX
I stopped watching in January and was thinking about giving it another chance. Then I just read Roush's review on TVguide.com and I think I may not come back

Spoiler:

sure, but he also said
Spoiler:
"It's possible The O.C. will regain its original sense of fun."

boogieman03 10-26-06 04:46 PM

Just watched it. It's pretty bad. Mr. X's spoiler only seems to relate to this episode. Although,
Spoiler:
Ryan hunting down Volcheck could be pretty interesting

mdc3000 10-26-06 06:54 PM

I can't watch the Fox stream, but I've heard from a few online sources that the first few episodes are actually pretty good and the show seems back on track Season 1 style...we'll see.

MATT

Brent_MN 10-26-06 07:01 PM

good news, Matt...thanks for the encouragement!!

I was in the computer lab here at school and allowed myself to watch the season 3 recap...then when it said "5 months later" I thought, screw this, I'll wait a week and watch it in HD. :lol:

critterdvd 10-26-06 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Brent_MN
well Fox obviously know it'll get killed...won't anything they put up against it? With low ratings expected in that slot, maybe they'll give the OC a full season nod and let it go.

The 16 episodes are considered a full season because they don't start airing until november, and they are taking a three month hiatus (feb-apr)... And personally they showed have added 5 minutes to last season's finale and called it the series finale...

MFRONE 10-26-06 10:20 PM

The first episode of this season is pretty good

Gizmo 10-26-06 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by MFRONE
The first episode of this season is pretty good

Agreed! Very dark episode. Ive been an OC fan for a long time and if the season continues as strong as this episode then Season 1 will be my second favorite.

While it had its corny parts, Julie and Ryan really pulled through. Not liking Summer all that much so far though. Taylor is, well, Taylor.

Brent_MN 10-27-06 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by critterdvd
The 16 episodes are considered a full season because they don't start airing until november, and they are taking a three month hiatus (feb-apr)...

a three month hiatus? geez. way to lose an audience. That's like taking the summer off again. wtf.

okay, well, so if Fox decides, they can still order a full 22 episodes. They have room to.

critterdvd 10-27-06 02:55 AM

a three month hiatus? geez. way to lose an audience. That's like taking the summer off again. wtf.

okay, well, so if Fox decides, they can still order a full 22 episodes. They have room to.

They could, but its probably extremely doubtfull... the weird part was that 'The OC' typically got a larger episode order than smaller (27 in their first year, which was the first time since 'Melrose Place' FOX ordere dmore than 23 episodes for a single season)

Doughboy 10-27-06 07:46 AM

A marginal improvement over last season, if only because Seth seemed to recapture some of his Season 1 form. I dug the "young Russell Crowe" reference during the comic book scene.

Still, I don't think they're gonna be able to sustain any level of quality writing the rest of the year. These characters are all played out.

Geofferson 10-27-06 09:21 AM

I'll be sure to check it out -- thanks for the heads-up!

Brent_MN 10-27-06 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
These characters are all played out.

with Marissa gone, Summer going to Brown, and everything else...doesn't that give them the chance to send most of the characters in a different direction? Sure, there are things that are core to who these characters are, but I don't know if they are "played out." Not with them all being in a different place in their lives. But we'll see. Maybe it's Josh Schwartz who is "played out." :)

Doughboy 10-27-06 12:50 PM

with Marissa gone, Summer going to Brown, and everything else...doesn't that give them the chance to send most of the characters in a different direction? Sure, there are things that are core to who these characters are, but I don't know if they are "played out." Not with them all being in a different place in their lives. But we'll see. Maybe it's Josh Schwartz who is "played out." :)

Well that all depends. If Summer's gonna be depressed and pouty all season long like she was in the premiere, it don't matter where they send her to college. Kaitlin looks like she'll just be a younger version of Marissa. Taylor could be a breath of fresh air on the show. Hopefully they don't screw her up.

superdeluxe 10-27-06 01:35 PM

I do not see taylor in the previews.

BOO on the OC if they do NOT bring her back

Summer needs a buddy.

Doughboy 10-27-06 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
I do not see taylor in the previews.

BOO on the OC if they do NOT bring her back

Summer needs a buddy.

She's definitely coming back. She's in the Season 4 premiere and she's added to the opening credits.

Patman 10-27-06 03:43 PM

She's also in the premiere episode.

Willa Holland is going to be really good looking in a few more years.

Brent_MN 10-27-06 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
She's also in the premiere episode.

Willa Holland is going to be really good looking in a few more years.

isn't she already? maybe it's our consciences that need a few more years :)

Doughboy 10-27-06 05:48 PM

isn't she already? maybe it's our consciences that need a few more years :)

Isn't she 15 years old in real life? It's pretty sick how they were parading her around in a skimpy bikini in that one scene. Especially with an extreme closeup of her butt.

Patman 10-27-06 06:49 PM

I was shocked that the producers showcased Willa in the opening credits in that bikini shot.

Brent_MN 10-28-06 02:00 AM

Well, I guess if her parents consent to it....?