DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   10/23/06 - Weeds - Yeah, Like Tomatoes (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/481547-10-23-06-weeds-yeah-like-tomatoes.html)

PixyJunket 10-23-06 07:44 AM

10/23/06 - Weeds - Yeah, Like Tomatoes

Summary:

Having eavesdropped on Nancy and Conrad's phone conversation, Peter stops playing nice. Celia and Doug's affair turns serious.

Wazootyman 10-23-06 11:55 AM

Is this the season finale, or is there one more after?

heavy liquid 10-23-06 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Wazootyman
Is this the season finale, or is there one more after?

I'm unsure about this myself. I seem to remember the show saying this is the last episode. However, epguides.com says there's one more epidsode next week called "Pittsburg". http://epguides.com/Weeds/ Showtime's Weeds website isn't much help, either.

kvrdave 10-23-06 12:51 PM

I am anxious to watch this. Perhaps I am getting to close to my tv shows. :lol:

PixyJunket 10-23-06 01:02 PM

There is one more episode after this!

PixyJunket 10-24-06 08:24 AM

Oranges! :lol: But nobody died.. yet. ;) I still have my bets placed on a certain someone though.

Man, Kat is so annoying.. I'd like to punch someone like her.

mdc3000 10-24-06 05:50 PM

I'm dreading next weeks finale...I don't know how this can possibly end well...and I'm sure Jenji has a hell of a cliffhanger set up for us. If Conrad or Andy dies, I'm never watching again.

MATT

Nausicaa 10-25-06 12:29 AM

This show has really gotten heavy lately. You can hardly even call it a comedy anymore. In a way I'm happy with this direction since it is really showing the absurtity of the unnecessary dangers that surround this plant, but at the same time I miss the light-hearted air of the first season.

Also, I really enjoyed the final scene in Silas' room. One shot really added a lot of dimension to his character and made him far more sympothetic in my eyes.

I can't see how this well end well either. They just about set up every possible thing that could go wrong in this last episode - however, I get the feeling that Heylia's intentions might not be so sinister as they seem - and she might be the one who saves the day in the end.

Is there any word of a third season yet? This one has really raised the bar, and I will be ultra pissed if it goes the way of Huff...

Heartagram 10-25-06 01:21 PM

I agree with your Silas remark there Nausicaa. And i actually like Kat, she is entertainingly odd. I really enjoy this show.

Raul3 10-25-06 01:21 PM

yeah, this season has been really good.

I guess we will have a huge cliffhanger next week in the season finale.

lewisb73 10-25-06 01:59 PM

I havent enjoyed the last few episodes, save for the Celia and Doug storyline

The shift in tone especially the rift with the hubby over the dinner incident with Silas (hate him with a passion) has taken away from what I did like about the show, a nice balance of drama and comedy

... getting tired of the show emphasizing the whole MILF thing week after week... she isnt that attractive and has an odd nose... Ive never really liked her anyway, which attests to the greatness of the show, since I like it

Gunde 10-25-06 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by lewisb73
... getting tired of the show emphasizing the whole MILF thing week after week... she isnt that attractive and has an odd nose... Ive never really liked her anyway, which attests to the greatness of the show, since I like it

That's fine, but a lot of people find her very attractive, myself included, so...

MrX 10-25-06 04:43 PM

It's still good, but I agree it's a little heavy on the drama as of late.

The scene at the clothing store along with Doug and Celia were both funny though.

mdc3000 10-25-06 04:48 PM

I think they've done a great job balancing the comedy and drama...sure some episodes lean more heavily on one than the other, but as a whole season, it's pretty even. And MLP is EXTEMELY hot and adorable...

MATT

movieking 10-25-06 06:18 PM

Great to see Peter lose his cool like that. If I had to guess, Haylia told the Armenians about how Peter is the one that took them down, and they will get payback against him before he can take down Nancy and/or kill Conrad.

Nausicaa 10-25-06 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by MrX
The scene at the clothing store along with Doug and Celia were both funny though.

Andy: See that scar? She stabbed me with an icicle when she thought I kicked one of her spirit animals.

Shane: What's a spirit animal?

Andy: Who the fuck knows! 10 stitches, but she keeps me on my toes - all eight of them.

PixyJunket 10-26-06 08:31 AM

Damn, where does the show go from here though? I mean, it's obvious the every possible wrong thing is happening and happening at the same time.. so let's say they relocate after (if?) they survive the shitfall.. do they just start over from step one? Start a new grow house or just start dealing small time again? The kids know about it.. I don't see anyone other than Nancy and Conrad relocating (if they decide to go together at all) and they've got a killer cast with characters like Doug and Celia.. I don't know.

SonOfAStu 10-26-06 08:55 AM

I haven't read any blurbs about next week, but from the title, it would be awesome if they relocated to Pittsburgh! Then they could film here and I could get some of that MILF weed!

movieking 10-26-06 09:01 AM

Spoilers from Kristin on E!

Spoiler:
Weeds: Nancy loses two loved ones—one leaves the country; the other one dies. Survey says: True. And I should also warn you: The last five minutes of Monday's season finale are so good you just might die watching it.

Roto 10-26-06 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Nausicaa
I can't see how this well end well either. They just about set up every possible thing that could go wrong in this last episode - however, I get the feeling that Heylia's intentions might not be so sinister as they seem - and she might be the one who saves the day in the end.

That's what I'm hoping for. I want Heylia to be back on top and to put Nancy in her place. I think if they get rid of Peter, nobody would have to move.

enrage 10-27-06 01:57 PM

thats what I see happening.
(just my guess)
Peter will die at the U-Turn meeting and there will be a shootout of some sort. His secret dies with him about her weed operation.

SonOfAStu 11-02-06 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
I haven't read any blurbs about next week, but from the title, it would be awesome if they relocated to Pittsburgh! Then they could film here and I could get some of that MILF weed!

Just watched the season finale.... YES!!!