DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Desperate Housewives - "Nice She Ain't" - 10/22/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/481488-desperate-housewives-nice-she-aint-10-22-06-a.html)

MrX 10-22-06 12:49 PM

Desperate Housewives - "Nice She Ain't" - 10/22/06

"Nice She Ain't"
Spoiler:
Gaby and Carlos' divorce reaches new levels of bitterness; Lynette co-owns a new business venture; Susan struggles with her love for two men.

dpz301 10-22-06 09:11 PM

looks like they are starting to really try to get the lynette story moving and continue the susan and edy battle. the carlos and gabby stuff was pretty entertaining to me, but it looks like next week they might be back together?

i wonder if mike will remember the lady that was dug up from the mud, probably not is my guess. overall, i thought the episode was pretty good, reminded me a bunch of season 1.

Snowmaker 10-22-06 09:16 PM

Good to see Ann again. :)

skatefan20 10-22-06 09:22 PM

YUP, great stuff!

"...imagine Fatal Attraction, with a much older woman." rotfl
If only Susan brought some Mac n Cheese on her field trip with Mike.

- The stuff with Susan's daughter is weak. It's making me wish for psycho Zach to come back to Wisteria Lane.

- Was that phone number tattooed on dead Monique's hand? If it was ink, wouldn't the rain have washed it off?

Patman 10-22-06 10:25 PM

10/22/06

Gabby's attempts at getting Carlos jealous were mildly funny.

Lynnett is going to be not so happy when she finds out Nora convinced her hubby to go for his pizza place dream. Nora is scheming to break them up anyway she can.

Bree and her daughter - looks like the vindictive gene is hereditary. After all the trouble Bree goes to get the history teacher out of her daughter's life, she was so proud when her daughter does the heavy lifting on her own after the history teacher broke up with her. Orson flying off after Andrew made fun of Danielle's suicide attempt has to make you go "hmm..."

Susan's attempt to jog Mike's memory is a limited success, and she and Edie finally have it out and each knows where the other stands now. Looks like that number on the dead woman leads to Mike, and it would be a good thing for him to keep playing the amnesia victim.

Didn't much enjoy the subplot with the teenagers (Susan's daughter and Edie's nephew).

Groucho 10-22-06 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Good to see Ann again. :)

Really? Her?

RichC2 10-22-06 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Really? Her?

rotfl

MrX 10-23-06 12:16 AM

The Bree scenes were very good. Loved the scene with the counselor and Andrew's comments.

The Carlos/Gabby scenes were good as well.

The Lynette stuff was good at first, now it's old.

Julie's story along with her mothers are nothing but filler.

DVD Josh 10-23-06 08:12 AM

Wow, only 7 posts for this airing. This show must really be losing it's popularity.

This was not that great of an episode, mostly just a continuation of events from the previous week. It almost seemed like scenes that were cut from that episode. An average episode, hopefully next week things pick up.

boogieman03 10-23-06 08:26 AM

Damn Bree's daughter really gave it to that history teacher didn't she?

"I wonder where she gets it from."

rotfl

Good to see Ann again.
Who's Ann? ;)

superdeluxe 10-23-06 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Wow, only 7 posts for this airing. This show must really be losing it's popularity.

Housewives threads have never been that huge of a hit at dvdtalk.

Red Dog 10-23-06 09:11 AM

Andrew was great in this episode.

RichC2 10-23-06 09:14 AM

This was not that great of an episode, mostly just a continuation of events from the previous week. It almost seemed like scenes that were cut from that episode. An average episode, hopefully next week things pick up.

DH threads usually range from non-existent to maybe a half page, isn't a huge surprise.

Groucho 10-23-06 09:19 AM

Did anybody else notice the brief appearence from "Who Wants to be a Superhero" contestant Major Victory?

Ayre 10-23-06 09:19 AM

Not a bad episode. Not a great episode. The teen drama and the Lynette storyline is a waste of time.

I am noticing a PVR delay with posting. It takes a few days longer for a thread to build up momentum.

Geofferson 10-23-06 09:30 AM

Decent episode last night. The Lynette/Tom stuff is indeed getting old though.

Tracer Bullet 10-23-06 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Andrew was great in this episode.

He needs to have more sex. Preferably with Edie's nephew.

Vipper II 10-24-06 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by boogieman03

Who's Ann? ;)

I think he meant "Egg", not Ann.

movieking 10-24-06 06:37 AM

That is who it was! I couldn't place her. I knew she looked familiar and deleted the show without checking the credits.

hardercore 10-24-06 06:38 AM

This was not that great of an episode, mostly just a continuation of events from the previous week.

Shock! Horror! What else is an episode in a serialized drama supposed to do but continue with he events of the past episode? Is it supposed to open with an implosion of Wisteria Lane and/or a polar bear sighting?

Chew 10-24-06 07:23 AM

Did anybody else notice the brief appearence from "Who Wants to be a Superhero" contestant Major Victory?

I was going to ask the very same question. I guess you have to start somewhere.

rfduncan 10-24-06 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by movieking
That is who it was! I couldn't place her. I knew she looked familiar and deleted the show without checking the credits.

It was as plain as the Ann on Egg's face.

Edie's nephew Austin sure was pounding that Veal. ;)

Vipper II 10-24-06 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Eddie's nephew sure was pounding that Veal in the car. ;)

He was going on "that church thing."

Groucho 10-24-06 09:06 AM

Did he have Pop-Pop in the car?

Vipper II 10-24-06 09:16 AM

Did he have Pop-Pop in the car?

The fact that you call making love "Pop-Pop" shows me you're not ready for it.